randa

Quoted from Sturmis

[…]

Plus one.

this

jason

PHX

Quoted from skinnie

so you rather have no cups and play only pcws all week ? I don’t know about you but I think also a lot of people like watching these finals with some prize at stake

I can’t overemphasise the plus one this deserves.
The “why should I give when I won’t receive anything” attitude stinks and is so short sighted it’s unbelievable.

I love the attention the cups have been given by community fortress et al – eXtine done a great job to bring European TF2 to the forefront with his vidcast of the TCM vs idk? – ESH Sennheiser Challenge final and the Dignitas vs www – ESH ASRock Tourney – did you ever see any PCW or ETF2L match get as much attention? No they don’t – the cups draw in a lot more attention from outsiders.

As for the time schedule – really? There is plenty notice given and lets face it the vast majority of people playing TF2 are not out partying all night they’re sat in front of their computers playing pickups – get organised and play a game that actually makes a difference to “your scene”.

Div 6 shitnerd out.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from skinnie

so you rather have no cups and play only pcws all week ? I don’t know about you but I think also a lot of people like watching these finals with some prize at stake

Yeah +1

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from skinnie

Yes I prefere to play PCWs than these cups. Why? Because most of the games are nothing short of terrible no matter who you are or how you look at it (either from raping, getting raped, or whatever). Everyone besides 4 or so teams doesn’t play with the idea of money spurring them on as there’s no more chance of them winning the cash than there is obama asking me to be his VP, so they feel like practice games against a badly matched opponent and nothing else.

I’m not saying I don’t want the cups to happen or that I won’t take part. I’m fully aware it’s good for the community, but don’t call people out as being stupid/selfish/whatever when their reasoning for not wanting to play is perfectly valid. It’s very well you saying you love these cups, because at the end of the day you can always go in feeling pretty sure you’ll get at least an interesting semi-final, and then a final with 3 maps PLUS the added cash incentive. The rest of us aren’t so lucky and I genuinely have no clue why so many people seem to enjoy the dullfest that massive knockout cups actually are. The exception to this was the one-night cups with seeded groups. They were great, but this cup isn’t.

Watching the finals is fun but if I have to play 2 hours of boring games and approximatley an hours delay due to slow teams, I’d be just as happy without.

Last edited by kaidus,

kurt

trick17
trick17

We would like to participate but we don’t have the time. I guess the dimineshed number of teams has got something to do with the seeding of the teams. Unlike in the ETF2L Cups i believe the Esports heaven cups use a seeding so a lot of bad teams have to face div 2/1 teams and therefore see no point in participating.

jason

PHX

If we don’t fill the numbers – then the sponsorship will stop.

If the sponsorship stops do you really think the top teams will compete? Will there be anything worth getting a crowd to watch? A week 5 ETF2L league div 1 match perhaps?

If the grass roots teams do not support these cups, then there will in effect be no cups. This is not rocket science.
Even if just the public spirited div 6 teams sign then the cup will be filled. No matter who signs up, half of the entrants will be out after the first round, irrespective of getting raped in ten minutes or not.

kaidus

WiK?

If you hadn’t just written a pre-empted response that didn’t take into account my post at all then you’d noticed the part where I acknowledged all your points. I’m not saying don’t play, I’m not saying I won’t play, I’m saying don’t act so shocked when people don’t want to play. If we can’t fill the numbers then the people running the leagues need to say WHY. The reason is simply that they are not fun for the majority of players, but that isn’t something that can’t be solved. If this cup fails I blame the organisation and not the community, that’s all I’m saying.

Edd

T2P

finally got all of my players to sign up and ive now added us to the cup.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from kaidus

If we can’t fill the numbers then the people running the leagues need to say WHY.

This is a very good point.

If you’re not getting the signups you need, then the question you need to ask is “why aren’t people signing up?” instead of branding everyone who would rather not as evil. There are problems that are clearly documented in this thread, to which the response has almost been entirely “just shut up and sign up”… this is not really the attitude to be held if you want to make something like this successful.

Edd

T2P

I presume there is a while before they put you on the list? As i can sign up again and the fact that when i click manage tournaments its says the saphire challenge

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from kurt

We would like to participate but we don’t have the time.

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Quoted from Edd

I presume there is a while before they put you on the list? As i can sign up again and the fact that when i click manage tournaments its says the saphire challenge

In your case it’s the time it takes you to add Squeak’s SteamID. :)

skinnie

TCM

If you don’t have time just sign up anyway and give a default or something ?

Last edited by skinnie,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

My team hopefully will be signed up today, I hope we have enough players for Monday but we will still take part anyway.

Edd

T2P

Quoted from Crasp

[…]

In your case it’s the time it takes you to add Squeak’s SteamID. :)

ive got 6 players signed up with steam ids excluding squeak, but im still not on the list? :<

Last edited by Edd,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 20 Next »