Forum

TF2 Sapphire challenge @ Esports Heaven

Created 4th March 2010 @ 11:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 20 Next »

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Sorry bout the maps. I had them somewhere for days but didn’t post> anyway: http://www.esportsheaven.net/?page=tournament&action=view&tournament_id=102

Also: be aware of the stricter rules on starting on time. It’s explained in the sane post as the maps announcement.

Vladi

TIDS

i just wanted to the say, that the whole div6-team vs div1-team discussion is ridiculous. i can see dr. gimpfens point, but that is just the character of a cup.

we have our divisions and the etf2l is trying before every season to balance the divisions as much as possible (and they are doing a good job imo) so every team gets the chance to play equally skilled opponents and learn something from it.
a cup is a cup – its the same in soccer, or anywhere else. i get that there is not much fun for you, gimpfen, when you get to play TCM in the first round and just get rolled by then, but i dont see a point in making divisions or dividing the teams into skill levels for a cup either, because then its just the same like the regular season.
i see the point, that it is much more unlikely in tf2 for the underdog to beat the stronger team (maybe else than in soccer for example) but its just the way it is and i think its fun that way.
(i played the last esh cup with shiftplay btw, steamrolled a div6 team in the first round and got rolled by dignitas in the second round – it was big fun anyway)

Last edited by Vladi,

Froz3n

Quoted from skinnie

did you add 6 players to your tf2 squad and all have filled in their steamid ? if so, you just have to wait then until they will add your team

I’m sure they will announce the maps and brackets later on , 1 map per match idd

Yeah we have 6 players on a tf2 squad with steamid´s :)

Well just wait then I supose? :D

Depch

*bump*

Missing 41 teams from the cup.

Only 26 teams have scheduled games today in ETF2L. (didn’t check if any of them were playing in the cup too, doubt it when looking at the gametimes, those teams could at least sign in the cup and forfeit the games then as they defo are active today at least.)

Last edited by Depch,

Rude-

ESH website seems down at my place :( i wanted to see who will steamroll us 1st round …

Vladi

TIDS

the page is just really slow for me – and the brackets just arent released yet.
i guess its because they are waiting for more registrations.

Pyle

This is hell for every F5 addict :P

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

ESH is incredibly slow at the moment unfortunately, I’ll see if I can contact anyone to check what’s going on.

Meanwhile, get as many teams signed up as possible! If you aren’t playing tonight, you’re guaranteed at least 30 minutes of fun!

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]
then just fill up the 128 teams with some fake teams and add random steamIDs from public to the rosters of the fake teams…. -> PROBLEM SOLVED

Archangel

amg

when the brackets will come?

Pyle

before 20.00 cet : )

Mark

Phase

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

Yeah I’m sure Sapphire will love that.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

You’re pathetic.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

its the same like telling ppl:
“sign up even if you dont want to play and give defwin cos we need to fill the cup”

Anathema

On the topic of low teams fighting mid+ teams etc.
I personally have always enjoyed fighting opponents who are far better than myself.
Most people I know don’t mind it at all either, they won’t rage, ragequit or anything like it.
The problems appear when the opponents start taking the piss. It’s a sign of a total lack of respect if teams run random classes like a pyro on middle. This personally pisses me off greatly. There is no point in playing a game if it, and therefor you, are not taken seriously by the opponents.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 20 Next »