Forum

TF2 Sapphire challenge @ Esports Heaven

Created 4th March 2010 @ 11:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 20 Next »

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from appe

Dr-Gimpfen:
If you never play stronger opponents you’ll never improve. That’s just how it is. If you’re just playing “for fun” then you’re barking up the wrong tree here and starting an unneeded discussion, since we’re trying to get the teams who actually want to improve to sign up. This is probably the biggest chance of them playing better teams, since it’s not likely they’ll get a PCW against Div 1-2 teams.

i dont want a pcw against Div1 or Div2 Teams.
and i will not wank off if i can tell that i lost against a div1 team.
make me improve is if i play against a opponent that is 1-2 divs better than me and even if i lost i wasnt raped by them but i learned something.
but i dont see how i should improve if i get raped totaly ?!
the only skill that will improve is my “waiting-in-death-spec-cam”-skill or my “DO NOT RAGEQUIT”-Skill.

Quoted from howdeh

[…]

10 minutes of your time to support tf2?
Actually, fuck you, 10 seconds, you don’t even have to play, all you have to do is sign up, WHICH IS BASICALLY WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT.

PROVE TF2 HAS NUMBERS.

wtf is wrong with you ?! again insulting without any reason.
telling us to sign up and then not play is stupid.
then just fill up the 128 teams with some fake teams and add random steamIDs from public to the rosters of the fake teams…. -> PROBLEM SOLVED

and again:
me and my team did a sign up in nearly EVERY ESH Cup and we got raped every time…. and we are also signed up for the actual cup but after every cup there is much flaming and hating in our voice cos my players dont want to play at the cup anymore cos there is totaly no sense about getting raped…

Last edited by Dr-GimpfeN,

Fisshu

infs
[FB]

what a terrible attitude, Euro TF2 is doomed if people think like this guy ^

Mordi

≧◡≦

So you mega-nerds/pr0s expect like 30 teams to sign up and don’t show?

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]
i dont want a pcw against Div1 or Div2 Teams.
and i will not wank off if i can tell that i lost against a div1 team.
make me improve is if i play against a opponent that is 1-2 divs better than me and even if i lost i wasnt raped by them but i learned something.
but i dont see how i should improve if i get raped totaly ?!
the only skill that will improve is my “waiting-in-death-spec-cam”-skill or my “DO NOT RAGEQUIT”-Skill

[…]
wtf is wrong with you ?! again insulting without any reason.
telling us to sign up and then not play is stupid.
then just fill up the 128 teams with some fake teams and add random steamIDs from public to the rosters of the fake teams…. -> PROBLEM SOLVED

and again:
me and my team did a sign up in nearly EVERY ESH Cup and we got raped every time…. and we are also signed up for the actual cup but after every cup there is much flaming and hating in our voice cos my players dont want to play at the cup anymore cos there is totaly no sense about getting raped…

Why should anyone go through the effort of adding fake teams and random steam IDs when it takes 10 seconds to create an account and sign up for each person. 10 fucking seconds to sign up. Not filling up a cup designed for a specific amount of players makes the community look stupid because we were unable to prove we even had that amount of teams, who gives a flying fuck if you play or not.

Quoted from Mordi

So you mega-nerds/pr0s expect like 30 teams to sign up and don’t show?

We don’t have a chance of winning, we’re just supporting TF2, alot like some of the other teams. You want to remove a supporting cup system that provides prizes, simply because you’re scared to lose?

This game will go nowhere with an attitude like this, do it for the game, not yourself.

Last edited by howdeh,

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from howdeh

[…]

Why should anyone go through the effort of adding fake teams and random steam IDs when it takes 10 seconds to create an account and sign up for each person. 10 fucking seconds to sign up. Not filling up a cup designed for a specific amount of players makes the community look stupid because we were unable to prove we even had that amount of teams, who gives a flying fuck if you play or not.

so whats the difference between force ppl to sign up even if they dont want to play and will give a defwin AND creating faketeams?

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]
so whats the difference between force ppl to sign up even if they dont want to play and will give a defwin AND creating faketeams?

herp derp

because the slots are filled, and its less hassel for me :D

Last edited by howdeh,

NerdZone

Quoted from dougiie

we wont be signing up for this unfortunatley, due to just having some roster changes, and generally not enjoying playing these cups,however we did enjoy the cup which had upper and lower brackets, because at least we knew we would be playing more than a 10min rape map.
I’m all for promoting tf2, but I would much rather practice against a team of our skill and benefit from it, than play a div1-2 team and be raped in 10mins leaving everyone depressed and generally not up for playing much that night!

Its very easy for you guys playing for div1-2 teams saying ‘omg wtf sign up’ – but try see it from the point of view of div5-6 players. You wouldnt enjoy getting the piss taken out of you by a much better team, would you? It does nothing for team morale or anything :(

If its about the ‘numbers’ you want, then sure, I’ll sign up my team, and just default the 1st round to whatever div1-2 we get? :)

actually, the game we once played against TCM in one of these cups was one of the most fun I’ve ever had. + It’s the best my team ever played because we had something to prove and guess what we all went crazy when we managed to cap middle point off them, it’s an experience we would never have had playing people of our skill level. I still look back at that game as the best I’ve been in even though we got raped 5-0. For teams that aren’t super ragey it’s actually great for team-building and getting morale up…

edit: we are not playing in the cup btw, because we have organizing issues and have to catch up with loads of league games ;)

Last edited by NerdZone,

randa

JUST SIGN UP AND STOP BEING GAY K ?

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Once again, i’m all for supporting these cups. And shockingly I am in fact a div5 player.

I mean, really, it’s really not much of an effort. This is how a cup can go:

-you either face a div 1/2 team if you’re unlucky with the seedings, and you get rolled in 10 mins. But then again, you get a chance to play against the topplayers and yes, I quite enjoy that. You just need to adjust your anticipations for those matches. Do some crazy stuff, backstap a dignitas player for example, this is what makes tf2 so much fun. And even if you don’t enjoy this, you only lost 10 mins of your o so precious evening.

– or you actually are quite lucky with the seeding and have an enjoyable first round and maybe even survive it. I’d call this a succedfull tournament then.

tl dr; In the worst case scenario you get steamrolled and you lose 10 mins of your evening. If this helps the community, and if this will ensure more topgames to be played (that are watched by a lot of div5/6 players!), yes I’d love to make the ”sacrifice” .

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from dougiie

we wont be signing up for this unfortunatley, due to just having some roster changes, and generally not enjoying playing these cups,however we did enjoy the cup which had upper and lower brackets, because at least we knew we would be playing more than a 10min rape map.
I’m all for promoting tf2, but I would much rather practice against a team of our skill and benefit from it, than play a div1-2 team and be raped in 10mins leaving everyone depressed and generally not up for playing much that night!

Its very easy for you guys playing for div1-2 teams saying ‘omg wtf sign up’ – but try see it from the point of view of div5-6 players. You wouldnt enjoy getting the piss taken out of you by a much better team, would you? It does nothing for team morale or anything :(

THIS!!!
or
Quoted from Warmaster

Once again, i’m all for supporting these cups. And shockingly I am in fact a div5 player.

I mean, really, it’s really not much of an effort. This is how a cup can go:

-you either face a div 1/2 team if you’re unlucky with the seedings, and you get rolled in 10 mins. But then again, you get a chance to play against the topplayers and yes, I quite enjoy that. You just need to adjust your anticipations for those matches. Do some crazy stuff, backstap a dignitas player for example, this is what makes tf2 so much fun. And even if you don’t enjoy this, you only lost 10 mins of your o so precious evening.

– or you actually are quite lucky with the seeding and have an enjoyable first round and maybe even survive it. I’d call this a succedfull tournament then.

tl dr; In the worst case scenario you get steamrolled and you lose 10 mins of your evening. If this helps the community, and if this will ensure more topgames to be played (that are watched by a lot of div5/6 players!), yes I’d love to make the ”sacrifice” .

THIS

give us low teams just a little bit of motivation to sign up and you will have a full 128cup(64/64) cup

Last edited by Dr-GimpfeN,

kaidus

WiK?

Well if you sign up and don’t play you stand more chance of seeing a cup such as you described.

Memento Mori

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]
THIS!!!
or
[…]
THIS

give us low teams just a little bit of motivation to sign up and you will have a full 128cup(64/64) cup

uhh

if more low teams sign up

then theres more low teams to play against each other

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from Memento Mori

[…]

uhh

if more low teams sign up

then theres more low teams to play against each other

no cos there is still the seeding that top teams play against low teams in round1…

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Uhm, I don’t get why you quoted me gimpfen but I quite clearly stated to SUPPORT the cups the way they are atm. Once again, I don’t mind playing div 1/2 teams and I actually enjoy it.

reCon

but why u sign-up for the 5th Cup here in etf2l? We got 208/128 signups… And only 85 for ESH? What´s the problem?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 20 Next »