Forum

UKeSA Open Division Season Two

Created 2nd April 2009 @ 23:09

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Morty

RG

(correct me if Im wrong)
UKeSA Open Division Season Two just started the sign ups.
http://www.enemydown.eu/tournaments/65

Moose

[MIPC]

Oh cool, let’s make sure that we are well represented for the second season as well!

The LAN finals http://www.enemydown.eu/news/359 of season 1 will mean huge exposure for TF2.

Morty

RG

Oh yeah, and I forgot too. The Championship divisions just started too:
# 6v6 team event
# Max Teams: 256
# Status: Signups Open
# Sign-up opens: Thursday Apr 02 2009
# Sign-up closes: Monday Jul 20 2009
# Start Date: Wednesday Aug 05 2009
# Entrance Fee: £7.49

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Hmm, i’m wondering how the divisions will be made this time. In season one they spread the good and less good teams out over the divisions, so every div had some good teams, and some less good teams.

That wasn’t really interesting. You most likely knew the outcome of most matches beforehand. My team for example has had 2 matches we knew we’d lose badle, which we did. We also had 4 matches we knew we’d win relatively easily, which we did. We only had 1 interesting match, which was our first one. So basically the 1st week match was a battle for 3rd place in our div. After that, the outcome was set in stone.

Those kind of matches do not really appeal to me. I’d rather have people put the better and the worse teams in separate divs to make a season interesting. (like every other league does) I understand why they’ve spread it out in championship, for the finals and such, but with the open division, having no prizes, i don’t see the point in that. I’m not sure if we’ll be participating if it stays that way, there’s plenty other leagues/tournaments that can give us more interesting matches.

P.S: a signup period of almost 4 months :D half the teams that can signup now will have disbanded by then.

Team Fruit _will be_ in the Championship in the second season. Everybody sign up and represent TF2 in the big world of UK eSports! :)

Springer

DAKKA

will be staged at London’s famous Olympia Exhibition Centre between 20th – 21st June, 2009, and is expected to draw more than 25,000 games enthusiasts from all over the country.

exams someone?

Nope! :D

Qun

GoT<3

I want a team :(

torden

broder
syster

I really hope that tf2 will sign at least as many teams as last season. UKeSA, while not perfect seems to be a big boost for forwarding tf2 in the competative scene.

I know that might be easy to say for a member of a team that is recieving a retainer, but in all fairness, that retainer is for paying expenses (like lan) and not pocket money.

If there are teams disatisfied with the current system, we should find a way on how that feedback best can be delivered to the UKeSA. Dunc, any suggestions?

jason

PHX

I’d like to see a bit of seeding in the open championship.

Phoenix (div 6 ETF2L) had two wins (defaults), two draws against the teams that were about our level (div 5) and had a hammering from the three remaining teams from div 2, 3 and 4 of ETF2L.

The div 2 team took us to pieces with a sandvich equipped heavy! :P

Seeding would be nice – much as we like to play higher class teams, does a div 2 team really enjoy beating a low skill team in just over 16 minutes?

F2

Danmark

Deneusbeer, they should spread the best teams out, because the two best teams from each division goes off to a playoff round to find who is the winner. If you had all best teams in one division it wouldn’t be the best teams playing in the playoffs.

TonyGappa

GoT<3
HoT<3

F2, if the best teams play in the same division, you wont even need playoffs. Playing teams that are nowhere near your skill level is boring and a waste of time.

JimmyBreeze

k^m

our UKeSA experience:

week 1 vs exe. We steamrolled them
week 2 vs FOG. Default win.
week 3 vs Vale. We got steamrolled.
week 4 vs PK. Default win.
week 5 vs fm!. Default win.
week 6 vs CiC. Default win.
week 7 vs FB. Presumed default win since they haven’t played a game yet.

Great tournament would pay £50 again!

mineral

[kpwr]

Lol Jimmy :P

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Allright, there’s a playoff stage, i didn’t know that :D Matter of fact, i can’t find any information about it anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

But besides that, i don’t play for money, or to win (well, just a bit). If i did, i would have signed up for the championship division. Considering that, everyone in the open division has to play around 5 boring matches (give or take) where most of the outcome will be set. The amount of teams and especially the skill difference between them is a bit too big for me to call such a season interesting. While i’m sure playoffs are cool and all, they get you nothing if you win besides some e-fame. I do not see the reasoning behind making the season boring for pretty much every team, so a few of those teams can play their playoffs to gain what exactly?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »