Forum

New Pubs Server in town: TF2-NO-BULLSHIT.eu [no crit/spread]

Created 12th May 2013 @ 14:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Cornelius

thanks for the feedbacl xarcher. i am considering to take off some of the maps.

Ban minisentries and it’ll turn into my default pub.

Cornelius

minisentries is probably not going to happen :S
i dont like them either but they are part of the game by now i guess.
i do however consider banning enforce, pomson and those shenanigans

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Cornelius

i do however consider banning enforce, pomson and those shenanigans

Pomson, Bazooka and especially Bazaar Bargain are the ones that should be removed, the Bazaar basically destroys any nocrit pub.
Edit: no mini would actually be really good, and this comes from an engie main.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Cornelius

minisentries is probably not going to happen :S

class limits :)

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

class limits :)

Possibly the worst thing in pubs after premium imo.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
Possibly the worst thing in pubs after premium imo.

After minisentries, yes :D

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Class limits is essential to a fun environment. 5 Sentries at last, good luck breaking that with no comms and 1 medic!

Cornelius

I think i am with monkeh on this one.

rytis

PrettyGay

nvm

accless

cp_

Quoted from Monkeh

Class limits is essential to a fun environment. 5 Sentries at last, good luck breaking that with no comms and 1 medic!

Max 3 of any class would be cool (considering 12 player teams)

Cornelius

as of right now our class limits are 3 for scout, soldier and pyro, 2 for everything else.
for example 3 krit meds or 3 demos is too much imo

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

I think class limits are really only necessary on Heavy, Spy, Sniper, Engy…

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

2 is somewhat low imo. I kinda see 3 as a non-invasive limit. I probably wouldn’t even notice it, where as 2 I definitely would.

Demos are the worst to balance on that front because 3 demos can be horribly overpowering, but seems like for every “proper” demo on a team there’s 2-3 pissing around with the novelty weapons. Who’s taking out the sentry whilst they are busy sticky jumping with cabers?

Similarly, 2 medics between 12 is pushing it for a public. I see a logic in 1 per 6v6 so 2 per 12v12 but typically you’re going to have heavier classes. Plus, those medics aren’t necessarily going to be smart/good. Just because both teams would be in the same boat doesn’t mean it’s favourable. Plus, soon as one goes quickfix then gg getting a buff.

My biggest frustration with class limits: I want to do something but I can’t, because someone who is literally so terrible at the class is playing it. I’m pretty sure better players than me think that about me too :}}

If people abuse some freedom (ie. 3) then limit it to 2 but it’s maybe worth a shot. POWER TO THE PEOPLE.

Just my 2 cents. I don’t mean to sound pushy.

Cornelius

Thank you for your input.
i understand your concerns and i do agree with you for a random pub. but hear me out:
Fact: the server is not filling up itself right now. i dont expect it to. its “just another pub server” (for now)
I am however aiming to pull a more experienced crowd. -> configs -> mapcycle
Right now people that populate the server are people from the group when i invite them to play. These are either from my friendslist or from various tf2 forums.
We did play a few rounds allready yesterday and the experience was very pleasant.
Competent teammates, objective play, medics, people who take care of their medics,… as far as i seen it everybody had fun.
Now these people tend to have a clue of what theyre doing. therefore i think the somewhat strict class restrictions are a good thing.

At a later point when the server is hopefully filling itself we intend to introduce a loaylty / skill system that allows the better players to get in to reduce the amount of trolldiers or what not.

Maybe you want to come by tonight and look at it yourself. I will notify everybody in the group when were playing.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »