She lives.

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from evokje

tf2pickup.net

i’m sure pixelpug has less abusive admins

Skyride

DUCS

In regards to admins, I’m just going to build it, make sure everything’s going ok then leave it totally to huhy to manage/admin as he sees fit. Me and him saw eye-to-eye like 99.9% of the time before, so other than more active adminning, you shouldn’t see any major difference in how the channel is run. Obviously i’ll still run the bot on my server but this one is a scratch rewrite so it won’t crash every other week. :D

huhystah

I will be looking for some active admins as well, so you can contact me on irc if you wish to become an admin.

Drem

fgt

I thought we’d never see it again :’)

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

What you writing it in?

easyGame

Too late cus tf2pickup.net

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

More options the better.

Crafz

I’ve tired to explain it to huhy, but he did not seem to understand. Writing a irc bot right now is like carrying a dead foetus. It’s totally pointless. There a perfectly healthy foetuses being carried out right now and we already have a graveyard to dig up stuff. Also, what about Pixelpickup 2.0?

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

What you writing it in?

J-J-J-Javaaaaaa

3 reasons. 1) It’s the only language that i’m comfortable with threading in. 2) Its nice that I can run code on my desktop and know I won’t have any problems when I upload it to my server. 3) We did it at uni this year but not very well. I’m wanting to do a couple of major projects with it this summer before I put it in the back of my head and don’t do any major projects with it for god knows how long.

Quoted from Crafz

I’ve tired to explain it to huhy, but he did not seem to understand. Writing a irc bot right now is like carrying a dead foetus. It’s totally pointless. There a perfectly healthy foetuses being carried out right now and we already have a graveyard to dig up stuff. Also, what about Pixelpickup 2.0?

You know, I’ve had this conversation with you and I completely agree that web-based systems are better when implemented really fucking well and with incredibly strong integration to existing sites/communities. The simple fact is that I am not a front end developer and would never be able to create what I have in my head in any sensible period of time.

Europe needs a pickup channel. I left it for the better part of a year hoping someone else would take up the reigns. A few tried but nobody really filled the gap. TF2Pickup.net definitely did the best job by far, but I’ve spoken to so many people who aren’t happy with it, it’s not been given any real promotion outside of the etf2l forums, and it isn’t a friendly experience for new players coming into the scene (even less so than IRC, which is like, the biggest reason you’d use a web app over an IRC bot).

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 9 Next »