Forum

Logs.tf match stats

Created 28th November 2012 @ 15:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Can I ask what people mean when they talk of heal stats being wrong on the various logs sites? Logs have lines like “medicguy triggered “healed” against otherguy (healing “24”)” – and I’m not sure how there are multiple ways of adding up those numbers.

Spike Himself

TC

It doesn’t count buffs.

It’s not the logs processing service being at fault, but rather simply the fact buffs don’t appear in the logs at all. And apparently there is no way to make it so.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

AnimaL

Quoted from Spike Himself

It doesn’t count buffs.

It’s not the logs processing service being at fault, but rather simply the fact buffs don’t appear in the logs at all. And apparently there is no way to make it so.

sizzling stats did it properly (medic hud healing was same as reported on site) before they removed buffs… so now we have no site that reports correct total healing done :( sad

Last edited by AnimaL,

Leif

Quoted from Sash

[…]
This will probably lead to 2 things:
-div3 Mixes playing div6 teams just to improve their overall stats
-people basing their recruitment posts solely on their average damage.

I dont see how this could be much of a problem.
If you play mixes just to improve your stats and then when trialing you perform a lot worse than your stats then you still dont give a better impression than you would normally give without average stats.
Having good stats doesnt make you better anyway, and a deeper search on your logs could show if the teams were unbalanced.

The fact of having good damage isnt a real problem either. First of all you deal good damage only if the match is balanced, because if you roll the opposing team you dont have time to gain much damage. Even if you deal let’s say 8/9k damage that only means you are good for that division, but it doesnt mean you would do the same in a higher div (at least if the gap is 1 div or higher, but you may still perform well for example from mid-top 5 to low div 4).

And people judging players according mostly to mere stats arent that good anyway, and may possibly lead you to estimate someone badly or prevented.

Last edited by Leif,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Leif

I dont see how this could be much of a problem.

If wasting time is not a problem, than I can’t see what else in the world could be.

Leif

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
If wasting time is not a problem, than I can’t see what else in the world could be.

Wasting time for? people playing low level mixes when they clearly are not? I thought this wasnt new.

Sash

PF

Quoted from Leif

Having good stats doesnt make you better anyway

No shit, Sherlock.
People always tend to behave shitty if it is about numbers. Compare the behavior of players on a MGE server with points to one without and you will see what I mean.
The stats won’t say much as the logs aren’t from a single source. Anyone can upload them and even faking is a possibility. Nevertheless there will be a bunch of people obsessing about them.

Quoted from Leif

And people judging players according mostly to mere stats arent that good anyway, and may possibly lead you to estimate someone badly or prevented.

Exactly my point, but that won’t keep people from using them.

Bulow

GG

The old logs site that everyone used (probably just tf2logs) had an aggregate of all the stats for each player, and I don’t remember anyone using it in recruitment posts etc.

The stats tool that Quell linked is good fun, but it works because it’s a limited data set – defined skill brackets (clearer at the top, though that’s the only European division that actually uses it…) and all official matches where people ought to be trying their best (even if that means your K:D is only 0.9, Quell ;___; )

Personally I don’t think it would be very useful since it’d just be from a mess of games.

Leif

Quoted from Sash

[…]
No shit, Sherlock.
People always tend to behave shitty if it is about numbers. Compare the behavior of players on a MGE server with points to one without and you will see what I mean.
The stats won’t say much as the logs aren’t from a single source. Anyone can upload them and even faking is a possibility. Nevertheless there will be a bunch of people obsessing about them.

[…]
Exactly my point, but that won’t keep people from using them.

Then you should agree with me that not having a useful (or interesting) feature because (some) people are retarded is dump.

Last edited by Leif,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

I’ve uploaded my 25000th log today, do I get a sticker now?

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

holy shit, almost 200k logs
zoob doin it big

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

zomg nerco idiot

jakeowaty

wololo

Kaneco

any special reason why all the turbine logs are bugging out?

“[LogsTF] Unsuccesful upload: Log has no valid rounds (at least one needed)n”

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7