Forum

i46: The American Project

Created 18th June 2012 @ 22:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 21 Next »

Oafmeal

Actually… Any surplus is going towards hookers, blow, champagne and snail caviar. Have any of you ever snorted cocaine powdered snail eggs out of a hookers ass while sipping champagne? Ask Brad @ lan. He might even share, although the earthy aromas are apparently divine.

Last edited by Oafmeal,

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Many different approaches with Valve were taken but unfortuantely they wouldn’t commit to helping us make a specific Hat just for i46 lan that we could sell :[. I can understand that they want to keep well away as if they let us do this one thing they open the flood gates for everyone to throw ideas at them to sell items for different causes.

well that sucks, sad that they cant get their heads out of their asses!

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

what happens with the money if the goal is not met or american teams decide to not go afterall?

If this was VanillaTF2 raising funds, I’d have no problem at all with them keeping it to maintain service, but leaving it with the americans, idk.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from slate

what happens with the money if the goal is not met or american teams decide to not go afterall?

If this was VanillaTF2 raising funds, I’d have no problem at all with them keeping it to maintain service, but leaving it with the americans, idk.

I’ll wait for Shadowpuppets official words on what will happen if say we raise 75% of the total as i dont want to give false information, but all money will be used for lan transport/accom and none will be held back for a greedy americans wallet that is all i can say for now.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

I’ll wait for Shadowpuppets official words on what will happen if say we raise 75% of the total as i dont want to give false information, but all money will be used for lan transport/accom and none will be held back for a greedy americans wallet that is all i can say for now.

thanks for response, but I’m talking worst case. Let’s say I donate $100 and absolutely nothing of the planned things happen -> no american team at i46. What happens then?

Or am I not getting the Funraiser tool? Will my money not be transfered right away, but rather when the goal is met?

Maybe I am overcomplicating things, but I would be severly pissed if I donated money towards yanks coming to i46 if it doesn’t actually happen and I lose the money anyways.

Trane

It’s a reasonable concern Slate.

I’m holding off donating for now, due to the same reasoning.

Sketch

MM

Im not paying for someone elses holiday, i can barely afford my own. Especially without detailed breakdown of costs.

Besides 20,000 is way too much to be asking for. If i did donate i would want every american player to be donating $300 themselves towards their own costs including travel and i cant see this happening here, looks like people jst want to go for free.

Also if too much is raised and the additional money went into he lan prize fund from ex tv adding a few 1000 to the prize pool as a sponsorship from extv then i would be more interested. Atm where is the effort?

Last edited by Sketch,

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from Sketch

Im not paying for someone elses holiday, i can barely afford my own. Especially without detailed breakdown of costs.

Besides 20,000 is way too much to be asking for. If i did donate i would want every american player to be donating $300 themselves towards their own costs including travel and i cant see this happening here, looks like people jst want to go for free.

Also if too much is raised and the additional money went into he lan prize fund from ex tv adding a few 1000 to the prize pool as a sponsorship from extv then i would be more interested. Atm where is the effort?

100% agree with you. $20k is money that could be well spent on other things to improve and expand competitive TF2 in comparison to a couple teams across the pond who may or may not attend a European lan.

What’s the big emphasis on US teams going to i46 anyway? It’s still going to be the biggest TF2 event in history regardless. Yes it would be great for a US team to come over and compete but this seems to be too little too late.

Why don’t US teams attend i49 instead? Plenty of time to save up funds/use cash prizes from future ESEA lans to fund your own trips, and there’s something to look forward to/hype about for competitive TF2 over the next year instead of putting all our eggs in one basket for now.

Last edited by Russian Guyovich,

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Will donate. Im dying to see this, and I’m sure this will resulst in epic matches!

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Last edited by cmd,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Slate: Yep its a good idea to be wary, but there is a reason why your money will be safe and used toward the cause even if the 20k drive is not met, but as i say its not my place to say, will await Shadow to post more on that, and it will make sense.

I did suggest putting a break down here of what the money goes towards so you can all see what you’re paying for and hopefully that will be provided later on today, as indeed there needs to be transparence and as much information as possible to give people the confidence to donate.

Sketch: Dont donate anything if you dont want too :], as i say all money goes towards transport and accomodation and not a jolly free holiday as they will be spending plenty of their own money.

Russian Guyovich: I49 is over a year away and thats a long time in TF2 land. Everyone at I40 was saying get the americans to i43!! and so on :p. From all the preperation work i’ve seen this is the best effort we’ll ever get to the best tf2 teams in the world playing together.

As i say wait for more info if you want, and i’ll try to get some info as well if you are unsure, just ask questions here and await the answers until you’re satisified.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Now remember its not only ETF2L donating money, There is also the NA community and reddit community, I’m sure its probably getting posted on SPUF and facepunch aswell.

In any case I am willing to spend money for something like this. I have spent years in this community the least I could do is donate some money for something HUGE to happen.

Also its donations. Its not your bank trying to get money from you. No one is forcing you to donate. It simply says “got 5 bucks you dont need? give it to us so we can go to lan”

Last edited by toogyboogy,

Swarlz

Tapley – I live in backwards Newcastle and as you know I live in destitute poverty. It would cost be upwards of £300 for i46! Can I please have some money as well.

AnimaL

Quoted from Swarlz

Tapley – I live in backwards Newcastle and as you know I live in destitute poverty. It would cost be upwards of £300 for i46! Can I please have some money as well.

you dont have to stay in 5 start hotel like americans

Swarlz

also it’s totally doable for just over £13000 for 12 players. That’s after 5minutes in google.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 21 Next »