Forum

i46: The American Project

Created 18th June 2012 @ 22:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 21 Next »

djc

d2f~

i dunno about most of you weirdos but flying for somewhere between 12 and 24 hours just to show up at a lan center and sleep on a floor in a tent probably doesn’t work so well with the whole “jet lag, adapting to a 5-8 hour time difference, there to play video games not to get hammered and stay up until 9 am” thing

atmo

come on nobody that plays tf2 has a regular sleeping pattern anyway

Snyyppis

RLM

I think we’ve thoroughly exhausted the accommodation question, it’s pretty clear they need rooms.

In other news: I donated, so you guys are now 0.025% closer to your goal.

Evil

$1200 for a plane ticket wtf….

You sending them business class?

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from Evil

Return tickets for people from different sides of the US, so I guess its an average with some being more and some being less than that?

Sketch

MM

shutup with your maths!

djc

d2f~

Quoted from Swifty

[…]

Return tickets for people from different sides of the US, so I guess its an average with some being more and some being less than that?

i popped a few cities into various flight planning sites and $1200 seems to be the bare minimum to fly out for most of the players on the top 4 teams.

maybe there’s some untouched site that is the holy grail of trip planning websites where you could knock off some cash, but you then need to factor in that i’m looking at prices 2 months in advance rather than on the shorter notice that extv are gonna have to buy the tickets

regardless, that shit cost mad cash money

kaidus

WiK?

The first link I clicked had new york to london for £450 return. For a whole £20 more you can do it from texas, with a further 50 required from california.

I think you all need to search harder…

Last edited by kaidus,

atmo

For those dates though, kaidus?

http://www.kayak.co.uk/#/flights/lax,jfk,ord,iah-BHX,LHR,LGW/2012-08-23/2012-08-27

Cheapest transatlantic flight seems to be around $1k.

Le meme arrows

If you guys can choose airlines don’t go with UA. They are fucking terrible in transatlantic flights.
Also tickets are quite pricey because it’s season. Out of season you can get two way ticket for 600$.

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Quoted from Evil

Well, my ticket to San Francisco return was £600 ($935) but it was in the middle of November. Economy class. That price isn’t exaggerated.

Last edited by Morphine,

shdwpuppet

Quoted from kaidus

The first link I clicked had new york to london for £450 return. For a whole £20 more you can do it from texas, with a further 50 required from california.

I think you all need to search harder…

Trust me, since I am paying my own way, I have tried to find the absolute cheapest available flights and in doing so, am looking to connect through bleeding helsinki. Flights really are that expensive. Our research /was/ done, I even talked to travel coordinator to make sure I wasnt missing anything.

Greg

TEZC

Quoted from shdwpuppet

[…]

Trust me, since I am paying my own way, I have tried to find the absolute cheapest available flights and in doing so, am looking to connect through bleeding helsinki. Flights really are that expensive. Our research /was/ done, I even talked to travel coordinator to make sure I wasnt missing anything.

http://www.bing.com/travel/

Just did a search that took me 2mins for New York to London Heathrow – tickets cost $750-$800

It really feels like no planning has gone into this, also if you book the flights 6-12weeks before the date they are more likely to be on sale.

Thats a $400 save per flight on what your “pricing” this on. I’m not surprised people are really apprehencive over donating.

huhystah

snap

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from shdwpuppet

[…]

What? Do you think I’m making it up? I literally went to a flight bookings website, punched in the dates and those are the prices for available flights it brought up. By all means ignore me and pay 4 figures, but you are doing it wrong.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 21 Next »