nervousENERGY Open Double Mix Night

Created 25th July 2011 @ 15:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Bump!

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from Sketch

Can non noobies play to lend a hand and help them a bit?

Yeah man, I was kinda thinking we’d have a reasonably experinced medic on each team who can do a bit of calling and run through a few bits and pieces. So if you dont mind playing med, go for it.

Sketch

MM

Yea if I’m around I’ll give it a shot.

Monkeh

So, we had a little trial run last night which went really well, two evenly matched teams played two maps and everyone had a really good time.

Another one is being arranged for tonight as well, join the steam group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/6v6newmix and look out for the event announcement. Post what class you’d like to play, if you have any experience of 6v6 or not and whether you know the roll-outs and join in the fun.

The steam group has nearly a hundred members now so we’re hopeful this will go from strength to strength.

Here’s hoping next Friday we can get enough to fill the four servers that will be made available, will make for an awesome mumble!

lolage

TSPAG

nvm

Last edited by lolage,

lolage

TSPAG

Looking for somone who can play tonight to help the opposite team I’ll be on.

Monkeh

So this thing is taking off very nicely. We’ve got a couple of mixes going the last couple of nights and I was asked for an afternoon one as soon as I got online this morning, that will be the first of three, (edit: make that 4!), happening today!

The steam group has 120 members now and the mixes are filling very quickly. So far everyone has had a lot of fun and learned a hell of a lot. Basically, this is da bollox!

The Friday night one next week I’m hoping will be a four server affair with 8 teams of newbies playing together, as long as we can get enough people there and a few mentors to help them out.

Could still do with a few more admins in the group for mentoring and playing games, helping out calling and what not, so add yourself to the group and speak to another admin about getting rights.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Monkeh

So this is happening tonight, please sign up here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/6v6newmix/events/1029290360312278723

It’s going to be a huge, messy and fun event. See you later :)

Sc

signed up :)

Monkeh

Quoted from Sc

signed up :)

You need to comment on the event page too, then I can add you to the list :)

See you later.

dougiie

CotC

enjoyable few maps again tonight!

however just a small concern that higher skill players are using this as another platform for mixing, rather than actually playing medic (which imo is what you should be doing) to help the new guys out. I’ve been playing medic, teaching some comms and rollouts etc, If I play demo/scout/solly well the whole point is lost almost.

tl;dr – comp players add up as medic. “offclassing” is still above the skill of the new guys.

Sc

what you was waiting from 6 latvians in 1 team

Last edited by Sc,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Well sketch couldn’t do roll out as demo and I didn’t top score in my games as demo. Seemed to balance ok. We even had Konr main class and we still lost.

The problem is that people want to play medic, so the if a “pro” wants to help a mix with one person who plays medic, they have to play another class.

Great games tonight loads of fun.

But yes I agree, this is not a platform for people to mix, this is to get people interested in comp to play and mentor those who want help.

Last edited by CrashSite,

Monkeh

We’re never gonna get perfect balance with these things, but our games were really good, close and fun.

All in all a success I think, nice one everyone who played, thanks for making it as easy as it could have been with a 64 person mumble channel!

Here’s to more in the future, see y’all again!

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from CrashSite

We even had Konr main class and we still lost.

That might have been why you lost in the first place.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »