Forum

#pixeltf2.open

Created 25th September 2010 @ 17:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Skyride

heh. What I’d say is this.

If you want to play pickups, There is literally nothing that can be done to make it simpler, honestly, as a community you’ve really got it spoon-fed from a silver platter, its just going to take people to actually use it. (Infact that goes for a lot of things, not just pickups)

Use the channel or don’t, I’m not really fussed either way and I’m not planning to shut down the channel/bot/servers so someone with some initiative is still free to get it going again. That goes for both channels.

Talk to F2 and ask for his code to balance teams.

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

you mean steal it.

fisk

KiH
KiH

Quoted from Waebi

[…]

you mean steal it.

How is nicely asking someone for it stealing?

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Koeitje

Well, Since its written in a totally different programming language I don’t think thats going to work. Also, its not that I can’t do it, theres 2 problems.

1) You’d have to rate the skill of every single person individually (about 800 people) for all 4 classes.
2) Is it really worth me sitting down and spending 2hrs getting this all to work, when from what I can see, nobody even wants to play there?

antyjc

2ne1

Nobody wants to play there _anymore_

If there had been balancing from the start, or closer to the start, if the servers didn’t constantly seem to need updating or werent lagging then maybe it would still be active.

octochris

(0v0)

I think the main reason I stopped playing there (.pickup mostly) like most people was the fact that the servers were constantly lagging or server fps was jittery causing massive hitreg issues, it was no fun at all.

I know you tried to fix some of the issues, but this issue has been existent for a very long time (remember when I told you about it at i40?) and playing on clan servers run by PG is an absolute nightmare, we ask to play on ours because your servers are so incredibly bad for hit registration. You know about this and gave me a decent reply as to why, but it doesn’t stop the fact that the end result is that your servers are, at the moment, poor quality, and not many people want to play on them (myself being part of that group).

Arthur

WM

I think if you could make sure it was well populated for a few days without any bugs or crashing servers. It would repopulate its self pretty fast.

If you fixed it all up, then got etf2l to do an event for it (open that is) I would say it would repopulate quite easy.

I do however know some guys who are writing there own tf2lobby clone that will involve mumble and ranking, so you can only get into games around your skill level for that class. I don’t know if its going anywhere however.

Skyride

DUCS

tf2mm is pretty quickly approaching the closed beta stage. We’ll likely be seeing a public beta before the next season of etf2l.

If i’m honest, I’ve not got too much interest in trying to revive the channel. It was a lot of hassle for me to run (people moaning about things constantly, I don’t even mean balance, just pointless things that are a total waste of time even replying to) and just because the bot and the servers are run by myself, its not like I could go “ye sure, someone else can manage it” as there’s nobody I trust enough to do it who has the technical knowledge to do so.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6