Forum

#pixeltf2.pickup

Created 19th July 2010 @ 19:18

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 27 28 29 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Maybe people just want to add and play a decent game without the troubles of finding a mix and looking for a mid+ game (which pretty much always turns out to be some shit div5 team).

Lets reverse the question: why don’t you just mix and learn the game there? Why ruin people pickups with your 4 frags in 30 minutes?

Last edited by Koeitje,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from hal

Alright, but that shifts the problem to: who is willing to mix with d6 nobodies then if nobody bothers to help those players in pickups?

My point is that nobody was going to help them in a pickup to begin with, and the little they would learn is actually counter-productive to getting good at 6v6.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

My point is that nobody was going to help them in a pickup to begin with, and the little they would learn is actually counter-productive to getting good at 6v6.

Its also an issue of aim. Positioning etc can be taught to a certain extend, but if you can’t hit shit and get rolled by the enemy scouts every mid fight…..how are you going to improve?

hal

blah

Quoted from Koeitje

Lets reverse the question: why don’t you just mix and learn the game there? Why ruin people pickups with your 4 frags in 30 minutes?

I don’t think anyone wants to ruin a game and personally I hardly noticed that happening in my 50+ pixel pickups so far. Usually d6 ppl don’t have a lot of friends in the upper divisions they could mix with.

I’m not talking about me btw.

I’m just saying if you make it easier for the better players and harder for the not-so-good-yet players, it will likely lead to the results that other people complain about then.

hal

blah

Quoted from Koeitje

Maybe people just want to add and play a decent game without the troubles of finding a mix and looking for a mid+ game (which pretty much always turns out to be some shit div5 team).

You could always do a private lobby too where you can kick everyone you don’t like. Again, not saying that’s what SHOULD happen, but I think it’s a little to easy to just say “we don’t have other options” if you are already firmly established in the community.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Its also an issue of aim. Positioning etc can be taught to a certain extend, but if you can’t hit shit and get rolled by the enemy scouts every mid fight…..how are you going to improve?

http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-9853/?recent=193419 ?? :P

I’m all for helping people, but not everything has to be geared towards new players.

Stranger

2stronk

Quoted from hal

[…]

Usually d6 ppl don’t have a lot of friends in the upper divisions they could mix with.

It’s quite easy to find them tbh ;)

Especially if your country has many div 4 and above players. For example here in Latvia we have gathered a mixing community of about 40 people with top players like line mixing with Latvian div 5/6 players. I’m guessing other country’s like LT or Spain have similar community mixing groups

flushy

P.O.P

is this based on rage against n0va :DD

Edd

T2P

Quoted from flushy

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from flushy

mostly.

seraph

rEJ

Could someone please demonstrate a trivial amount of pattern recognition? How do most of you elitists remember to breathe in the morning, like?

The community is NOT very big. You can either teach and tolerate noobs in a pickup (provided they’re willing to speak), or you can wait 5 hours/days for your pickup to start. How are pickup2 and the invite pickup working out these days? Maybe just go play there if you don’t want to play with div6ers.

OH WAIT

freshmeatt

‹Con›

I’ve been once said I’m a decent scout with decent gamesense, yet my aim always caused my team to lose mids. So yeah, skill is complex term. Div6pug will end up like a bit more random lobbies (if that’s even possible), meaning even if someone will want to make a start there alone, without knowing anyone or anything about comp in that matter, will end up there for too long time. Possible solutions? Iono, trials, objective recommendations?

#pixeltf2.pickup should keep being a channel for players, who either consciously want to improve by playing with better ones or those, who already know how to play and won’t step in mindlessly shooting air instead of feet.
Quoted from seraph

Could someone please demonstrate a trivial amount of pattern recognition? How do most of you elitists remember to breathe in the morning, like?

The community is NOT very big. You can either teach and tolerate noobs in a pickup (provided they’re willing to speak), or you can wait 5 hours/days for your pickup to start. How are pickup2 and the invite pickup working out these days? Maybe just go play there if you don’t want to play with div6ers.

OH WAIT

Sir, shitters who don’t care about the play and think about doing laundry when they are meant to shoot that lit medic do not deserve to receive help.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Quoted from seraph

OH WAIT

We still have to play with fucking div6ers in there too you know?

illii, mineral and koeitje all play in pu2…

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from seraph

How do most of you elitists remember to breathe in the morning, like?
The community is NOT very big. You can either teach and tolerate noobs in a pickup (provided they’re willing to speak), or you can wait 5 hours/days for your pickup to start.

i’m willing to tolerate noobs who are willing to speak and keen to improve – without doubt. I remember quite well the day when I was told to “fuck off” by Mick, because I played a bad medic in the old #tf2pickup. Good times, really.

On the other hand, I’m not willing to tolerate people who just come in and want to take a dump on the rules we created. If you decide to play a “mute” pickup, you’ll get banned. If you decide to simply go 2medic4pyro, you’ll get BANNED. If you decide to join even though you have no clue of the 6v6 game mechanics, you’ll get FUCKING BANNED TOO. There’s a stv for a reason: To spec the game and get a general idea.

Last edited by Waebi,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from GibbZ

[…]

We still have to play with fucking div6ers in there too you know?

illii, mineral and koeitje all play in pu2…

I even heard this whats its name gubbz, gobbz…gibbz(?) guy plays in pug2. He’s beyond bad.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 27 28 29 Next »