Forum

Team Fortress 2 Matchmaking

Created 27th June 2010 @ 20:17

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 39 40 41 ... 44 Next »

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from Manu

wtf is your problem?
he is just posting screenshots of the progress. leave your pointless flame somewhere else…

ot:
looks nice :) keep up the good work!

ups

Quoted from WildCard

[…]

Nigh has stated in this thread that those people who wish to test can contact him, to you two the updates may seem pointless but he is simply showing that the project is still being worked on and progressing.

If you have zero interest in this until its live, then stay out the thread until its announced on the usual forums ie here vanilla cadred that an open beta is avalaible for people as your input is of no use to anyone as it currently is.

ie stfu :)

Oh yes, he certainly is showing us the progress of the project in one single thread without invading other threads with commercial-like posts. My bad mate, my bad.

But fair enough, I have zero interest in this project whatsoever, so I might as well ignore his posts completely in every other thread I read. Shouldn’t be that big of a bother.

Last edited by ups,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Feel bad for Nigh here because now pixel pug is active no-one will want to use the MM, or at least most people in this community.

Before pixel, I’d have used this but now I don’t see the need, sorry.

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from Hildreth

Feel bad for Nigh here because now pixel pug is active no-one will want to use the MM, or at least most people in this community.

seems like a pretty ignorant comment seeing as mm hasnt even been released

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Hildreth

well, newcomers , 6 div players will use it imho

Jaskey

Quoted from flushy

[…]

seems like a pretty ignorant comment seeing as mm hasnt even been released

Hes only stating the obvious, the only way tf2mm will become popular is if people can regularly use it, pickup might not let that happen… Hope it does take off, looks great.

Skyride

DUCS

I should point out that I started work on Pixel Pickup AFTER Nightbox had announced he was doing tf2mm, before he’d even started learning how to program. In that time, the channel has ran over 1,400 pickups, died of inactivity, and been revived by popular demand.

I’m not against tf2mm, I think that IRC Pickups are still a better system, but I don’t see tf2mm as a bad thing. I’ve actually been one of the main people trying to help Nightbox with it and encouraging him, even if tf2mm falls flat on its face, he’s learnt some pretty useful skills and got some great experience.

On the other hand, I was pretty pissed off when he came to me with this earlier. I didn’t want to post it in anger and actually waited for a while to cool off, but I still think its worth posting: http://pastebin.com/hrQgSXdR

I don’t like causing drama, but everytime I give you an inch Nightbox, you take a fucking mile.

Last edited by Skyride,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Skyride

On the other hand, I was pretty pissed off when he came to me with this earlier. I didn’t want to post it in anger and actually waited for a while to cool off, but I still think its worth posting: http://pastebin.com/hrQgSXdR

ahahahahaha holy shit

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

To not create confusion, the point of that discussion is that I don’t want irc conservatorists to distroy something that I’ve been working for few months. I don’t blame because of being conservatorists because they did not do anything.

I hope we all agree that there are people who just love IRC too much, I was not trying to push a pixel pickup closure, just the fact that people go where is the more.

Last edited by Nigh,

dauk

that conversation sounded something like Sopranos:

-What do you mean?
-So, you tell your people to use tf2mm or you go to swim with fishies.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Nigh

To not create confusion, the point of that discussion is that I don’t want irc conservatorists to distroy something that I’ve been working for few months. I don’t blame because of being conservatorists because they did not do anything.

I hope we all agree that there are people who just love IRC too much, I was not trying to push a pixel pickup closure, just the fact that people go where is the more.

That is fucking ridiculous. People can go where they like without having your system forced on them. Why should Adam have to sacrifice his own hard work so you can monopolise? Either build a good system so that people will use it as preference, or fuck off. People can use what they like, they don’t want to be told.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Quoted from octochris

[…]

That is fucking ridiculous. People can go where they like without having your system forced on them. Why should Adam have to sacrifice his own hard work so you can monopolise? Either build a good system so that people will use it as preference, or fuck off. People can use what they like, they don’t want to be told.

I never said to force people, look in the chat log, never said that and even specified, if the people feel that tf2mm is better

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Nigh

[…]

I never said to force people, look in the chat log, never said that and even specified, if the people feel that tf2mm is better

So what was the point in the conversation in the first place? If people feel tf2mm is better they will go there.

Harlski

Quoted from lolage

[…]

So what was the point in the conversation in the first place? If people feel tf2mm is better they will go there.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Quoted from lolage

[…]

17:22 – Skyride: you are asking me to tell people to gtfo from pixel pickup and go use tf2mm?
17:22 – Nightbox: when users will say
17:22 – Nightbox: if they want to
17:22 – Nightbox: im trying to put in words
17:23 – Nightbox: when the people will feel that, tf2mm is good enough, pickups are from past
17:23 – Nightbox: i want you to not opose resistence
17:23 – Nightbox: and enocurage the change
17:23 – Nightbox: when people will feel that
17:24 – Skyride: if lots of people start using tf2mm instead of pixel pickup then i am totally cool with that
17:24 – Skyride: people use what they think is best

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 39 40 41 ... 44 Next »