Forum

Demoman Rollout CP_SUNSHINE_B2

Created 27th January 2014 @ 23:34

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Bona

PMW

So far the fastest rollout I’ve been able to find on this beautiful map, Roamer rollout coming soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2RAFSF1Ddg

Ariving at mid:
Roamer: 9:42-9:43 (around 180-190 health if done correctly)
Demo: 9:44-9:46 (around 120 health if done correctly)
Scout: 9:40-9:42

seems more than enough for sticky placement, and your scouts will be there to protect you by then.

Last edited by Bona,

Spike Himself

TC

Haven’t actually seen it msyelf, but I’ve heard of a 9:48 timing. Will ask around for details!

Phnx

Quoted from Spike Himself

Haven’t actually seen it msyelf, but I’ve heard of a 9:48 timing. Will ask around for details!

Yes indeed:D
video gonna be released only after the cup:p
consistant 9:47 after ramp, if done perfectly (quarter of the times did it perfectly).
you will arrive on 9:48.
about 80 health to middle, and on stone’s rollout it is not 120, it is 100-115. (like on process but without taking the pack on middle).

Last edited by Phnx,

Cuttlefish

6v6

Couldn’t you fit in some extra jumps at 0:03 and 0:08?

Bona

PMW

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
Yes indeed:D
video gonna be released only after the cup:p
consistant 9:47 after ramp, if done perfectly (quarter of the times did it perfectly).
you will arrive on 9:48.
about 80 health to middle, and on stone’s rollout it is not 120, it is 100-115. (like on process but without taking the pack on middle).

Actually, if you don’t take fall damage on the first jump, 120 HP is very reasonable, I know your rollout too, I just didn’t think having around 80 HP was worth the extra 0:01-0:02 unless you want to be more aggro of course! Then it is perfect, tho you would need an aggro romer as well So you can take the Health package in Pit and surprise the other demo with only 1 pipe! This is possible due to the roamer distracting him!

Last edited by Bona,

Bona

PMW

Quoted from Cuttlefish

Couldn’t you fit in some extra jumps at 0:03 and 0:08?

Good luck fighting scouts with around 50-60 HP :P

Unless you mean a complete new rollout, Then I must disappoint you, the actual useful rollouts are quite limited.

Last edited by Bona,

damneasy

I dont think fast rollouts are good really, i made a rollout that was :46 and full health :>

Spike Himself

TC

What if there was a big med kit on mid, like on granary for example. Would that improve gameplay (with the demo being able to afford a faster roll-out)?
Remember, this map is in beta, so any suggestions for improvement would be most welcomed by the map maker! Here’s the feedback thread: http://etf2l.org/forum/maps/topic-27122/

hr

Quoted from damneasy

I dont think fast rollouts are good really, i made a rollout that was :46 and full health :>

This in my opinion, spent some time making soldier and demo rollouts for this map, you get to mid low health and you’re probably going to get fucked by a roamer, especially seen as the med ain’t getting there til 38

Bona

PMW

I’d also like to add that saying you made it once with a certain amount of Health in a fast time isn’t “reliable”

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Bona

I’d also like to add that saying you made it once with a certain amount of Health in a fast time isn’t “reliable”

It does mean it’s possible, and that suggests that practice can make it reliable ^^

Bona

PMW

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

It does mean it’s possible, and that suggests that practice can make it reliable ^^

Most rollouts on this map Will very likely end like Kaidus pogo on process, impressive, but hardly ever used.

With reliable I Actually meant how it Will turn out on the midfight, Hut seems So far the best position for demo Because you got good cover and an awesome spam choke position ;)

Last edited by Bona,

Phnx

Quoted from Bona

[…]
Actually, if you don’t take fall damage on the first jump, 120 HP is very reasonable, I know your rollout too, I just didn’t think having around 80 HP was worth the extra 0:01-0:02 unless you want to be more aggro of course! Then it is perfect, tho you would need an aggro romer as well So you can take the Health package in Pit and surprise the other demo with only 1 pipe! This is possible due to the roamer distracting him!

When I arrive at mid I immediatly shoot a sticky at choke, detonate after a second or two when demo arrives, take the health at pit and shoot the 2nd sticky, and than go on the left side and trap it from surprising scouts while allowing my team to take most of the ground on middle, and I can’t see how 120 is possible when you have 200 health from the spawn jump, than when you arrive to the jump near the big pack the buff is over, and a wall jump is about 65 hp…
with fall damage you arrive with pretty much the same ammount of health that I arrive with my own rollout, which is 3 seconds faster.
also not including times and health sucked.
the rollout you made was about 45-47 at choke when I do 47-48. and 20 lower health is NOT a problem when you dominate most of the area, I agree making a fast rollout without agression is stupid, that’s why you actually need to plan it out.
also who ever says it’s risky to do fast rollouts means he is not very keen to practicing it… cause that is not THAT complicated, it comes down to testing and practicing, nothing more.
anyone can do those if they want.

Last edited by Phnx,

Bona

PMW

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
When I arrive at mid I immediatly shoot a sticky at choke, detonate after a second or two when demo arrives, take the health at pit and shoot the 2nd sticky, and than go on the left side and trap it from surprising scouts while allowing my team to take most of the ground on middle, and I can’t see how 120 is possible when you have 200 health from the spawn jump, than when you arrive to the jump near the big pack the buff is over, and a wall jump is about 65 hp…
with fall damage you arrive with pretty much the same ammount of health that I arrive with my own rollout, which is 3 seconds faster.
also not including times and health sucked.
the rollout you made was about 45-47 at choke when I do 47-48. and 20 lower health is NOT a problem when you dominate most of the area, I agree making a fast rollout without agression is stupid, that’s why you actually need to plan it out.
also who ever says it’s risky to do fast rollouts means he is not very keen to practicing it… cause that is not THAT complicated, it comes down to testing and practicing, nothing more.
anyone can do those if they want.

I think it comes down to how your own team can help you, you will need good teamwork with your scouts.

Also, if you don’t take fall damage, you Will still have a slight buff (180-190) which again, makes 120 Health very possible. Imo my rollout could be a standard one, it’s quite simple and gives you a neutral position on mid. I am however very curious to see new rollouts! So please make video’s! :)

Last edited by Bona,

Bona

PMW

Also everyone, test it with a medic, Because you can gain an extra second by jumping further than med reach in a listen server.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »