Forum

Demoman Rollout CP_SUNSHINE_B2

Created 27th January 2014 @ 23:34

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

ekkelund

sirkkels

If you do the first jump out of spawn from the left door you can make it to mid at around 9:47

Last edited by ekkelund,

Bona

PMW

Quoted from ekkelund

If you do the first jump out of spawn from the left door you can make it to mid at around 9:47

Again, this is not going to help. Please post reliable data (HP, reliability of the jump, or just how hard the jump is, med, reach etc)

Spike Himself

TC

What does “reliability of the jump” mean? It’s a binary process; it either works or it doesn’t, there are no random factors in TF2 that could stop a jump from succeeding besides your own ability to operate your mouse and keyboard.

ekkelund

sirkkels

Quoted from Bona

[…]
Again, this is not going to help. Please post reliable data (HP, reliability of the jump, or just how hard the jump is, med, reach etc)

Med should be able to reach you, you have around 110 health, you can even be a bit faster if you are good at jumping. There you go.

Bona

PMW

Quoted from Spike Himself

What does “reliability of the jump” mean? It’s a binary process; it either works or it doesn’t, there are no random factors in TF2 that could stop a jump from succeeding besides your own ability to operate your mouse and keyboard.

I explained Before, I mean this in the benefit of your team ;) your combo must be able to reach you on mid to “Keep dealin’ dat dmg” people seem to forget rollouts are there to get an advantage and not just to be ‘fast’

Bona

PMW

Quoted from ekkelund

[…]
Med should be able to reach you, you have around 110 health, you can even be a bit faster if you are good at jumping. There you go.

I Will test the jump this afternoon, see how Much raster it Actually is! I hope faster of course!

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Bona

[…]
I explained Before, I mean this in the benefit of your team ;) your combo must be able to reach you on mid to “Keep dealin’ dat dmg” people seem to forget rollouts are there to get an advantage and not just to be ‘fast’

That’s not what ‘reliability’ means. See the TC guy above for that.

While you have a fair point you’re missing the point still, rollouts are just a tool, every team needs to create its own gameplay around those tools – if they end up using the super-highspeed-but-super-fragile-tool that’s because of their choice. I can’t think of a single map where there is only ONE possible rollout for any jumping class, it always comes down to choices.

So instead of arguing about the point of a certain rollout, it would be far more helpful to just list different rollouts with health/time/final position and then teams can figure out what works best for them individually.

ekkelund

sirkkels

Quoted from Bona

[…]

But a fast rollout gives you an advantage right?

E: and i am aware that doing a fast rollout and having 10 health is bad.

Last edited by ekkelund,

Bona

PMW

Quoted from ash

[…]

That’s not what ‘reliability’ means. See the TC guy above for that.

While you have a fair point you’re missing the point still, rollouts are just a tool, every team needs to create its own gameplay around those tools – if they end up using the super-highspeed-but-super-fragile-tool that’s because of their choice. I can’t think of a single map where there is only ONE possible rollout for any jumping class, it always comes down to choices.

So instead of arguing about the point of a certain rollout, it would be far more helpful to just list different rollouts with health/time/final position and then teams can figure out what works best for them individually.

Go to page 1, I already Said, I am very psyched to see now fast/high Health rollouts! For different situations and strategies.

Bona

PMW

Quoted from ekkelund

[…]
But a fast rollout gives you an advantage right?

E: and i am aware that doing a fast rollout and having 10 health is bad.

It is very situational, Because if the other team runs a suicide roamer you are pretty Much dead with medium/low Health on most maps.

ekkelund

sirkkels

Quoted from Bona

[…]
It is very situational, Because if the other team runs a suicide roamer you are pretty Much dead with medium/low Health on most maps.

Process is pretty much the only map where that happens.

Last edited by ekkelund,

Bona

PMW

Quoted from ekkelund

[…]
Process is pretty much the only map where that happens.

Granary, badlands, Snakewater, but ok.

ekkelund

sirkkels

Quoted from Bona

[…]
Granary, badlands, Snakewater, but ok.

On those maps your team is there to support you. Process is the only map where a roamer can be faster than the whole team except demo and still have reasonable health.

Setsul

Quoted from ekkelund

[…]
On those maps your team is there to support you. Process is the only map where a roamer can be faster than the whole team except demo and still have reasonable health.

You know that gunboat rollouts are thing?
Granary and Snakewater have medium medpacks so you can get there with full health.

Last edited by Setsul,

ekkelund

sirkkels

Quoted from Setsul

[…]
You know that gunboat rollouts are thing?
Granary and Snakewater have medium medpacks so you can get there with full health.

They might be full health, but I have personally never seen a roamer be on mid and jumping a demo before scouts get there on granary or snakewater.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »