Forum

[Scout] How to improve your aim?

Created 14th June 2012 @ 23:11

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from Rake

. STOP OBSESSING ABOUT IT GODDAMNIT.

How about you get fucking good START PTACTICING YOU FINN :)))

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Rake

Regarding your earlier post, I did work as a technical helpdesk for 6 months, so I’m fairly familiar with stupidity. I just want to believe that those people don’t actually exist and some company just pays them to call helpdesks to annoy them.

There’s people too retarded to call a helpdesk. Working with those. Fun people.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Just go for the easiest shots. I’m not gonna bother shooting scouts if I can shoot a soldier or demo. I can put much more damage in those guys. But if I see a scout running in a straight line or something silly I blast his face off ofc.

In 2v2 scout you just need to come in at an angle so if they A-D vs your teammate you shoot them in the sides.

If you are 1v1 you can also try to use w-a to move in for your shot and move away a bit when he fires at you.

vs soldier/demos I usually soften them up with pistol shots while I close the distance.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Quoted from ash

[…]

There’s people too retarded to call a helpdesk. Working with those. Fun people.

I thought I had it bad.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

I always was under an impression that my job mostly consists of taking care of the scouts, and even if that means I should repel them rather than eliminate right away, I obviously won’t be able to handle pressure from the aggressive ones. We’ve won our division, gonna go for d2 next season and I realized I’m probably gonna be spending more time speccing than playing, hence my decision to step it up on that front.

To make it explicit, I’m not worried about my overall aim, rather my chances against other aggressive scouts. MGE against those is a pain, since they usually perform some dubstep dances (cheers Squirry).

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

For the pure 1v1 strategies, you might wanna check clockworks video someone linked earlier. My take on your issue, however, would be to avoid 1v1. Call aggressive scouts early, make sure your team reacts promptly, bait them, trick them. Abuse weird angles to engage them and get a free shot off. The more aggressive they are, the easier they are to bait into anything really. Also if your scout partner fares better in scout v scout you might wanna switch positioning in a way that allows him to do that more and lets you focus on bringing the meat to the heavy classes, for instance badlands middle. If you go valley, you are way more likely to get into a secluded 1v1 with the enemy scouts, but if you go choke, there’s a lot less chance of that unless the scout runs straight over the point (which should be suicide anyway cause you have a demo with you). The scout in choke/train generally focuses on jumping soldiers and dealing constant damage from a bit further away. Read my earlier posts aswell if you haven’t already to get a piece of my mind, since I have the exact same problem as you. I can’t duel scouts for the life of me.

Also another thing, mostly applies to the fragmovie-wanting scouts, is that the more you stay alive, the more cleanup you do, the more cleanup you do the more impressive 3-6k’s you do. People don’t actually notice if you miss in a fragmovie and deal little damage, they notice you running around shitting on everyone. Remember that. An alive scout is a good scout, a dead scout is a useless scout.

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

“I only did that stupid mge video for the money” – Clockwork

But although learning about gamesense and stuff is important you really do need to spend time everyday playing mge/dm if you wanna improve faster. Aim really is a big part of scout and when you start playing vs players who have decent dm you need to be able to keep up. But anyways just my opinion that you should prioritize your aim instead of watching demos or playing lobbys/mixes ect.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

or you just play and enjoy the game?

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from smziii

or you just play and enjoy the game?

Sams the expert at enjoying the game despite being shitty.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

“I only did that stupid mge video for the money” – Clockwork

But although learning about gamesense and stuff is important you really do need to spend time everyday playing mge/dm if you wanna improve faster. Aim really is a big part of scout and when you start playing vs players who have decent dm you need to be able to keep up. But anyways just my opinion that you should prioritize your aim instead of watching demos or playing lobbys/mixes ect.

I think you need to move to the US of A.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from kaidus

[…]

Sams the expert at enjoying the game despite being shitty.

+1

Squirry

nNT ≠

Quoted from freshmeatt

I always was under an impression that my job mostly consists of taking care of the scouts, and even if that means I should repel them rather than eliminate right away, I obviously won’t be able to handle pressure from the aggressive ones. We’ve won our division, gonna go for d2 next season and I realized I’m probably gonna be spending more time speccing than playing, hence my decision to step it up on that front.

[Sorry for bloody eyes]

To make it explicit, I’m not worried about my overall aim, rather my chances against other aggressive scouts. MGE against those is a pain, since they usually perform some dubstep dances (cheers Squirry).

Since fresh mentioned me, I tell u my own experience that how I realized that a good scout is made by his brain, not by his aim.

I was a scout no-lifer constantly in dm, just training, training and training, 2h day and later 30 min of tr_aim or mge, or whatever, only playing scout. Then when I play with my team I was playing awful, completely awful, below div6…just because in my team, my scout partner do my job and his job, and then the only thing that I can think it’s just “chase kills”. Then is like trying to do everything without thinking, losing our advantage everytime and pissing off myself and my team as well. Because I was nervous all the time I cannot aim constantly and then my aim is just random flicks.

Since around one week, got criticism of my medic about my positioning, my calls, and started to working about that, and suddenly, when i just finished thinking in aim + dm and just training 30 min maximum/day , just I was doing my job, preventing enemies behind and deal most damage as possible without dying.

Of course, I still have so much mistakes, I know and I like to fix it in every match that I do analyzing my own demos.

I’m telling you that because I was 80% out of the team because I was not comfortable with my team, not with the players, is just that I have had a feeling that I was the weakest player and then they gonna play better with new one scout instead me.

Then in my personal point of view, recommended to every scout div6 to div4, focus in your brain, as Spike said before, you cannot force the aim. And ofc, enjoy the game.

Peace! :]

Last edited by Squirry,

h1

:3
BM

practice dm = brain concentrates on multiple targets instead of tunnel vision,
game = gamesense and calls. oh and cap cap cap,

don’t chase kills its not you’re job,
cover demo on mid (depending on map and what position you play)-i.e = badlands mid choke scout, cover shithouse/valley calling out any roaming soldiers pressure there scout/demo, vally scout pressure there demo/ watch under bridge for other scout/ call any scouts going your shithouse, or even go from there shit house and dmg on there demo(most likely on train or at the back of it) which ive noticed a fair few scouts do, just dont do it excessively as they’ll click on and demo will sticky that area and you’re useless.(gamesense reading the game)
communicate with you’re scout partner, so you know where you both are and can react to the situation and cover each other quicker.

all i can think of, oh and as tviq mentioned previous playing tr_walkway 5-10mins just to get used to the hitboxes is a massive bonus, helped me out playing scout.

longas

Get a good mouse
Get a good mousepad
Get a good screen (120hz)
Play
Profit

Last edited by longas,

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

Quoted from h1

don’t chase kills its not you’re job,

HA HA, OF COURSE NOT :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »