Forum

See player keypresses when watching a demo

Created 25th February 2012 @ 03:24

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

CapTVK

HoT<3

Could be useful if you’re viewing dem.files or making movies though. Or do you need dem files that have been recorded on a server with the wait command on?

Either way, it’s a nice trick to know. I always wondered if it was some sort of HUD but it turns out it really is a clever script.

Last edited by CapTVK,

atmo

yeah I’m not sure if “wait” commands that are recorded in a demo on a server that doesn’t allow them would work when you play it back locally

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

This is pretty awesome atmo

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

tried to combine this with null movement cancel, did not work, what do

atmo

Why are you using null cancel?

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from atmo

Why are you using null cancel?

cause my keyboards a bit broken and holds down for a bit after I release the key, so it always goes to null movement for a split second. Np with cancel script.

atmo

try asking /r/tf2scripts

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22038280&postcount=1372

describes how you can increase the fontsize of the “developer 1” output.

found this while checking out if printing stuff to screen with developer 1 would make for viable in-game menus for scripting, but it’s definately useful for this as well!

basicly it’s adding a font with the name “DefaultFixedDropShadow” to tf/resource/sourcescheme.res

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from slate

found this while checking out if printing stuff to screen with developer 1 would make for viable in-game menus for scripting, but it’s definately useful for this as well!

I already figured that out a long time ago, made a quick guide:
My old script pack implements this (keep in mind that’s rather old & complicated :P)

Making ingame menus with scripts

First we need to setup some stuff
The way menus will work is that we’ll clear the console, echo what we want then enable console filtering to filter out everything else (hence picking a filter that won’t ever match).
The time for the text appearing in the topleft corner is extended to as long as possible & the number of lines is extended greatly.

con_filter_text "ajk^bqdl"
con_notifytime 600
contimes 100
alias cf1 "con_filter_enable 1"
alias cf0 "con_filter_enable 0"
alias dev1 "developer 1"
alias dev0 "developer 0"
cf0; dev0

Showing the menu is child’s play, create a new .cfg for the menu you want to show (since we’ll need quotes) and format it as such

clear; dev1
// Echo your menu here
echo ""
echo ""
echo ""
echo ""
echo ""
echo ""
echo "General Settings"
echo "1. Say hello!"
echo ""
echo "----"
sv_allow_wait_command
echo "----"
// Setup the binds for interaction
clearslots
bind 1 "say Hello!"
// Enable console filtering to stop anything else from getting added to the menu
cf1

Controlling opening / closing the menu

// This might not play nice with crosshair switchers and whatnot, will need to be properly integrated.
alias resetslots "bind 1 slot1; bind 2 slot2; bind 3 slot3; bind 4 slot4; bind 5 slot5; bind 6 slot6; bind 7 slot7; bind 8 slot8; bind 9 slot 9; bind 0 slot0"
alias clearslots "unbind 1; unbind 2; unbind 3; unbind 4; unbind 5; unbind 6; unbind 7; unbind 8; unbind 9; unbind 0"
alias openmenu "exec menus/test.cfg"
alias closemenu "dev0; cf0; clear; resetslots"
alias +menu "openmenu"
alias -menu "closemenu"

There you go, bind a key to +menu and watch for yourself. :)

Notes: You can go much *much* further than this, creating completely interactive menus with feedback on current settings but that’s for another day.

Last edited by Casual,

Spike Himself

TC

Bear in mind that when you change your console font, you won’t be able to submit status screenshots for your matches on etf2l anymore. Well, I suppose you can still submit them, but they won’t be parsed anymore.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Spike Himself

Bear in mind that when you change your console font, you won’t be able to submit status screenshots for your matches on etf2l anymore. Well, I suppose you can still submit them, but they won’t be parsed anymore.

That’s just the font used for displaying the console contents on screen. The actual console has its font defined somewhere else (I changed it to Courier New a long time ago though).

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2