Forum

High div players joining lower divs during season.

Created 28th May 2014 @ 22:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 Next »

almightybob

.ps

Quoted from toogyboogy

bob can you explain to me what happens if a previously prem div player has been teamless for a season, and then joins a div 4 team mid season. I didnt see if you mentioned that at all.

Sure! Under the system as I proposed it, a player’s skill level starts to decay if he doesn’t play any officials for a while. What I suggested was a drop of 1 div after 6 months, then 1 div every 3 months after that. Of course this was just a suggestion and can be changed.

So let’s assume that it has been 6 months and that in prem the player was a demo. Therefore he is now considered div1 demo. This would mean that he could play demo down to div 3, scout or soldier down to div4, and of course medic in any div. Since he is trying to move more than 2 divs downwards, this would trigger the system and the transfer would be blocked pending admin approval. He would then have to explain to the admins the circumstances and why the transfer should be approved. If he wanted to play scout soldier or med, the default would be to accept as the criteria have been fulfilled. If he wants to play his main, demo, the default would be to reject it and he would need to convince the admins that it would be appropriate and not ruin the balance they tried so hard to create in their preseason balancing.

I think this is pretty reasonable – I can’t see a prem demo dropping all the way to div4 ability just from one season out, but I can see a situation where after some time out and a change of main they are a (high) div4. And of course if people disagree the thresholds can be altered – 2 divs below for mainclass and 3 for offclass are just what I picked as a starting point.

lets look at this at a different perspective. Christiano Ronaldo for some reason joins leeds, maybe the money was better. But is Ronaldo not allowed to play? Ofcourse not. This whole thing is stupid and whoever wants to put restrictions on players are stupid.

Actually the football analogy is a good one. At the moment there is a big push of people opposing the growing trend of billionaire-buys-mediocre-club-turns-it-into-powerhouse-by-throwing-money-around. Man City being the epitome of this. In football the skill grouping occurs naturally with the determining factor being money. Since there is negligible money in TF2, ETF2L chooses to group by perceived player skill instead. But that effort is wasted if it can be immediately undone with completely unrestricted transfers as soon as the season begins.

It is also ironic that you cite football as an example but then say “putting restrictions on players is stupid”. You’re citing a sport where player transfers are allowed for a few days twice a year. That is far more restrictive than anything proposed in this thread.

Also feels like people forget that people get better as the season progresses. There might be a team that within the first 3 weeks are now heads beyond the other teams in their division. I really don’t see the difference in that and getting a new better player in your team.

One is a natural progression of player skill and surely the whole purpose of the league. If people get better on their own that is great and should be encouraged. But there’s a pretty clear difference IMO.

caeli

#T4F

Quoted from dodgydogman

[…]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GaPkkGZGw This video explains it very well.

Couldn’t explain it better.

Morgus

Quoted from dodgydogman

[…]

So thats the moment you decided to get a prem demo? XD If you have a player 2+ divs higher than your in your team you should have to be set as a fun team imo. Even though it doesn’t mean anything it makes it less bs to lose against :).

We didn’t decide it, huhy showed up saying he wanted to join us and we thought it would be cool, then the drama happened.

Last edited by Morgus,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Why does huhy want to play in div3 anyway? Is he not interested in reaching the top?

beach

[DA]
[DA]

probably been said in the 13 pages but cba reading

1 player doesn’t make a team, sure huhy’s far better than you but is the rest of the team?

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from fraac

Why does huhy want to play in div3 anyway? Is he not interested in reaching the top?

Epsilon huhy

huhystah

Quoted from fraac

I couldn’t find a team for a long time if you haven’t noticed. In the end i just got demotivated. After some time i thought that i could maybe help Tutorial’s team as they were looking for a demo after kasabubu’s PC accident. It all happend very randomly.

Last edited by huhystah,

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

good guy huhy

Vlijm

UbeR |

I dissaprove of prem players in any team

Kaneco

I didnt bother reading the whole topic, but oh boy, you think you got it bad?

Welcome to my last season (on div 3).

We started the season and our pocket / main caller broke his pc after the first match of the season, we had to wildcard 1 or 2 matches and ended up playing with one of our scouts as solly and our sub scout.

UCAP esports which at that moment was at the bottom of div3 completely changed their roster before they faced us and Byte played against us as demo (http://etf2l.org/matches/45943/), he started the season as pocket and he only played demo against our team. We tied. Then he left for MiG after our game.

A few days before facing animate (http://etf2l.org/matches/47145/) they joined a scout pair (Harryhook and stuntz), on div3, both of which played against us, nevermind the whole rest of the team with div1+ experience

The whole season was this mixture of unfortunate happenings and the teams we were facing changing up their rosters or recruiting higher level players right before they faced us. We placed pretty bad despite winning a lot of our pcws at the start of the season against these same teams. It wasn’t fun.

Droodl3

TSM

Quoted from Kaneco

I didnt bother reading the whole topic, but oh boy, you think you got it bad?

Welcome to my last season (on div 3).

We started the season and our pocket / main caller broke his pc after the first match of the season, we had to wildcard 1 or 2 matches and ended up playing with one of our scouts as solly and our sub scout.

UCAP esports which at that moment was at the bottom of div3 completely changed their roster before they faced us and Byte played against us as demo (http://etf2l.org/matches/45943/), he started the season as pocket and he only played demo against our team. We tied. Then he left for MiG after our game.

A few days before facing animate (http://etf2l.org/matches/47145/) they joined a scout pair (Harryhook and stuntz), on div3, both of which played against us, nevermind the whole rest of the team with div1+ experience

The whole season was this mixture of unfortunate happenings and the teams we were facing changing up their rosters or recruiting higher level players right before they faced us. We placed pretty bad despite winning a lot of our pcws at the start of the season against these same teams. It wasn’t fun.

Didn’t you guys have haunter play for you in that ucap game?

Popcorp

welp, Huhy left div 3 to play in Prem…drama over i hope

w3doe

no, now people will complain about people going back to their original divs for no particular reason, just like this thread was created

BitComet

Corner
GRAHAM

Read 10/13 pages, shoutouts to bob and PuzZle, sadly nothing will be done to restrict high div players dropping to lower divs mid-season.

All in all a good drama.

Last edited by BitComet,

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

hay guise

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 Next »