Forum

TF2 Constantly crashing

Created 17th November 2012 @ 11:51

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »

what a Tree ?!

Quoted from Blinky

[…]

Same here mate.

It’s fucking crushing, every single time i try to run the game.

same for me……..
delete addons script and rescource (or rename it ) in tf directory

and now it works fine

REN

now i just cnat connect to servers, game crashes, thats gg, i’ve deleted this game

Barrow

Barroliano
A4

Crashes if Im using a custom HUD. Im realy starting to get sick of this lame support valve is giving to fix this

easyGame

Temporary “semi-solution” for dx8 game crashing whenever people join your server:

– put in launchoptions “-dxlevel 90”
– put in autoexec cfg “mat_dxlevel 80”

Now I don’t crash anymore using dx8 when people join my server. BUT in trade I will crash everytime server changes level and sometimes (rarely) randomly. It’s not as bad as before…

I also lost hope that Valve will ever fix this. Hopefully the community will find a fix somehow by itself :c

/edit: I also couldn’t start the game after the last update, before I reinstalled my custom hud.

Quoted from easyGame

Temporary “semi-solution” for dx8 game crashing whenever people join your server:

– put in launchoptions “-dxlevel 90”
– put in autoexec cfg “mat_dxlevel 80”

Now I don’t crash anymore using dx8 when people join my server. BUT in trade I will crash everytime server changes level and sometimes (rarely) randomly. It’s not as bad as before…

I also lost hope that Valve will ever fix this. Hopefully the community will find a fix somehow by itself :c

/edit: I also couldn’t start the game after the last update, before I reinstalled my custom hud.

Yep, this is exactly what I have done. It crashes when joining a server like 50% of the time. But that doesn’t really bother me as I can relaunch so quickly, and it doesnt crash midgame or any shit like that.

REN

guys , now i got another problem, im playing with dx9 frames atm and i cant connect to 6v6 servers, how do i fix it?

P.S. : its not hud

toota

swole.

Quoted from REN

guys , now i got another problem, im playing with dx9 frames atm and i cant connect to 6v6 servers, how do i fix it?

P.S. : its not hud

Is hl2.exe crashing when you’re connceting ?

REN

Quoted from toota

[…] Is hl2.exe crashing when you’re connceting ?

yes

toota

swole.

Are you using mat_dxlevel 81 in your config ? It worked perfect for me first.. then I started to crash by changing weapon and when the server changed map

cho

umm i cleared my autoexec (chris maxframe cfg) and no crash ?

REN

this game is shit goddamit, ill just wait valve to fix all the stuff and then download it again :(

mici

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
– Fixed a client crash related to DirectX8

toota

swole.

Quoted from mici

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
– Fixed a client crash related to DirectX8

Hope that’s the update we’ve been
waiting for. Fuck yeah it’s working no crash

unu

Working for me too.

AnAkkk

Quoted from Maffi

[…]

Is tf2 playable with linux now? I heard of some bug with the cpu having to work at like 100 % blabal i have no idea what im talking about btw

The 100% CPU is a bug with the Steam Client.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »