Created 17th November 2012 @ 11:51

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »

damneasy

Valve’s thinking:

Hats or fixes?
Money or no money?
HATS

qarky

I can’t play on DX9 because of the horrible frames drops even with Maxframes and DX8 crashes every 2 minutes, on 1024 x 768 with a relatively good pc (i3 2120/7750/8gb ram)
never had any of these problems before they’ve only begun in the last 3 weeks or so, is Valve actually this complacent to TF2? If so it’s an absolute joke..

I really do not understand how this isn’t fixed yet. Anyone who has the dx8 crashes, please keep posting (daily) here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3005721

Email your crashdumps to [email protected]

The crashdumps can be found in C:Program Files (x86)Steamdumps

You’re looking for files with an extension of .dmp or .mdmp

qarky

Also noticed that my Choke is very high while on midfights/ lot of players on screen well above 90 at times.

minimoose

>:c

Cookeh

Quoted from qarky

Also noticed that my Choke is very high while on midfights/ lot of players on screen well above 90 at times.

Thats down to your network settings…

I crash on DX8, constantly, both on launch and when joining servers, occasionally just randomly as well.

Thankfully I still get a decent fps (~90-131 – which its capped at) on DX9, which as others have said is crash free.

Some Valve employee wrote on the thread:

“Sorry for having no update on this, the crash details have not provided us much clues on what may have been going wrong nor have we been able to replicate it in the office ( as well as I have been out of the office a bit ). I have found an issue in the rope rendering that is tied into dx8 which would have memory implications. When TF2 is updated in public next, please post back here if the bug persists or not.”

easyGame

Quoted from CUBE

Some Valve employee wrote on the thread:

“Sorry for having no update on this, the crash details have not provided us much clues on what may have been going wrong nor have we been able to replicate it in the office ( as well as I have been out of the office a bit ). I have found an issue in the rope rendering that is tied into dx8 which would have memory implications. When TF2 is updated in public next, please post back here if the bug persists or not.”

TL;DR: We have no idea what we are doing. Buy new hats plx.

REN

the worst thing happened : i got used to dx9 :O

AnAkkk

It’s time to switch to Linux and use OpenGL anyway!

damneasy

I just got an update.. now its still crashing and they broke my hud -.-

REN

nice update valve! now i just cant launch the game!

Maffi

REVERTO

Quoted from AnAkkk

It’s time to switch to Linux and use OpenGL anyway!

Is tf2 playable with linux now? I heard of some bug with the cpu having to work at like 100 % blabal i have no idea what im talking about btw

Blinky

Quoted from REN

nice update valve! now i just cant launch the game!

Same here mate.

It’s fucking crushing, every single time i try to run the game.

paju

I get text when i open tf2 “This game is currently unavailable.. blabla”

Fixes u can find here:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4595-wexn-6831

“4.Exit Steam and delete everything under the Steam installation directory except Steam.exe, the ClientRegistryOld.blob, and the SteamApps folder – this will force Steam to update when you log in” worked for me.

NOTICE; It’s for Windows 7 and Vista Users.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »