Forum

TF2 Constantly crashing

Created 17th November 2012 @ 11:51

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from CUBE

Anyone else getting this since todays update? Sometimes it crashes on joining a server, sometimes I can play 3 minutes before hl2.exe crashes

What kind of crashes are people having anyway? Mid-game or on startup/joining a server? Both?

I’ve never crashed mid-game (using dx8). The game does often crash upon joining a server right after starting up though (once I can join a server, I can continue to join other servers without crashing – it’s just the first one it sometimes crashes on). Same applies to watching pov/stv demos.

toota

swole.

I crash when someone join the server. I noticed that when my load out isn’t working I don’t crash

Hallow

P.O.P

Quoted from toota

I crash when someone join the server. I noticed that when my load out isn’t working I don’t crash

This is what I’m having.

profix

FLANK

My TF2 now crashes on startup wheter i have dx8 or dx9 enabled. Anyone has the same problem?

mhwk

wookie
VDOH

Quoted from profix

My TF2 now crashes on startup wheter i have dx8 or dx9 enabled. Anyone has the same problem?

When I came home (like 5 hours ago), downloaded the newest update and had the same problem as you. Just restarted Steam and everything was “good” again.

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

What kind of crashes are people having anyway? Mid-game or on startup/joining a server? Both?

I’ve never crashed mid-game (using dx8). The game does often crash upon joining a server right after starting up though (once I can join a server, I can continue to join other servers without crashing – it’s just the first one it sometimes crashes on). Same applies to watching pov/stv demos.

Ok so these are 2 seperate and different crashes. I’ll describe them both in the hopes that someone can fix one of them!

DX8 – Worked absolutely fine until Valves update last week, pretty universal problem for people on DX8 although not everyone has it. Basically crashes as soon as someone joins the server. Doesn’t crash if you don’t have loadout (no idea whynot, but seems to work fine). Have tried changing cl_jiggle_bone_framerate_cutoff, remove mat_antialias from cfg, changing mat_queue_mode to -1. None seem to work.

DX9 – Much more unique problem for me, fixes the above dx8 crash, but after anything between 15-1hour, my gfx card drivers will crash, so my screen goes black. I can still hear the game (shoot and move etc.) but I just have a black screen. So I have to kill hl2.exe from task manager. Ive tried rolling back gfx drivers, and all the above changes as well. None seem to work.

I DONT MIND WHICH ONE I USE. JUST LET ME PLAY TF2!
Does anyone know how to disable my loadout? Is there a setting to do this?

furbo

MUUQ
8-)

I’m starting to believe this is a conspiracy between Valve and hardware companies plotting to make us buy new gfx cards/cpus in order to get to play the game.

ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY!

ILLUMINATI

bean

isaninja

tf2portal is suggesting install an older Nvidia driver; http://www.tfportal.de/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=7571&view=unread#unread

paju

Why I spend money for this game what not works + nobody fix it.. Why not get old update back?

maukkaaa

Chris highframes and i don’t never crash

Hei

[DA]
[DA]

I’m crashing aswell, sometimes my game freezes that I don’t even get the hl2.exe stopped working window and task manager doesn’t even popup, I have to restart my PC everytime.

mhwk

wookie
VDOH

not even Friday update

Gabes watching all this and t rolling

Quoted from bean

tf2portal is suggesting install an older Nvidia driver; http://www.tfportal.de/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=7571&view=unread#unread

Yeah I followed this guide, but the driver he links is only available for vista 64bit and refuses to install on w7 64 bit. I have downloaded the earliest driver available for my gfx card on w7, and still had the black screen driver crash after about an hour of play.

I have no idea what is taking valve so long to fix dx8. It’s a joke.

bebeto

|Ks|

as for now there is no working temp fix, instead of 1 : playing without loadout, you have to crash your item server and it will work.
It’s valve side anyways, there is no other fix possible.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »