Forum

PC freezes/bluescreens/random restarts

Created 1st July 2010 @ 18:17

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

n00ne

Ive recently started getting all of the above.

As I boot my computer, about 5-10 minutes later (not always after the exact same time) it freezes up, nothing works. All you can do is hard restart it with the button on the case.

Sometimes it just gets a bluescreen, not always after a boot. It can be like 2-3 hours since the last boot.

Or sometimes it even randomly restarts not showing any errors, just the “unexpected shutdown” screen when it re-boots.

I’ve also scanned it for viruses with SpyBot S&D and Microsoft Security Essentials, all seems to be clean.

I don’t really understand whats wrong, cause it can go for hours 5-6 without any problems, but another time it restarts like 4 times before i can start doing something.
I’ve reinstalled windows and nothing changed.

myNax

Quoted from n00ne

IOr sometimes it even randomly restarts not showing any errors, just the “unexpected shutdown” screen when it re-boots.

Got the same thing…

Tikcus

what do the blue screems say (inc error code)
what temp is cpu & gpu running at?

n00ne

Quoted from Tikcus

what do the blue screems say (inc error code)
what temp is cpu & gpu running at?

About the bluescreen, it disapears in like 2-3 secs, i dont even get to read what it says.
I have vista home basic x64 btw

And pc temp goes from 29-30 at startup, to about 35-39 when idle and up to a maximum of 45-46 when on heavy loads

Digiwill

=[IDK]=

can u upload the minidumps (txt files where it saves error log)
u find ‘m in c: windows minidump

:)

Last edited by Digiwill,

blorg

Jailbait, n00nie, jailbait.
You sick, sick latvian.

Spike Himself

TC

Sounds like bad RAM to me. If you have more than one stick in there, try with just one stick. Try all the different slots with all the sticks you have. Also try swapping it with different RAM.

metalpiss

Go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery settings. From there un-check “Automatically restart”. After doing that, when you’ll get a BSOD it won’t restart right away and you’ll be able to see the error code. Search for that error code on google and see what you can find out.

It might even be a driver doing this, have you recently installed any new drivers? Or new hardware?

Last edited by metalpiss,

n00ne

Quoted from Spike Himself

Sounds like bad RAM to me. If you have more than one stick in there, try with just one stick. Try all the different slots with all the sticks you have. Also try swapping it with different RAM.

I’ve got one ram stick, Ive never changed anything inside the case. Only cleaned it like 2-3 times a year. My pc is +/- 2 years old which I dont think is all that much, and these bluescreens and restarts only started about 2 weeks back.

Quoted from metalpiss

It might even be a driver doing this, have you recently installed any new drivers? Or new hardware?

Only drivers I’ve installed after the win reinstall are motherboard drivers that came with the pc in a disc, the newest nvidia video card driver and g5 mouse setpoint driver, thats it.

The motherboard drivers have been working fine for well over a year, the nvidia drivers I never really updated them at all, and mouse drivers – also had setpoint well before the sudden crashes.

Btw, Im thinking of upgrading to windows7. Could that fix these problems, or would that just be a waste of money?

Last edited by n00ne,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from n00ne

I’ve got one ram stick, Ive never changed anything inside the case. Only cleaned it like 2-3 times a year. My pc is +/- 2 years old which I dont think is all that much, and these bluescreens and restarts only started about 2 weeks back.

Do it anyway! :)

randa

Take a picture of the bluescreen error.

metalpiss

Quoted from n00ne

Btw, Im thinking of upgrading to windows7. Could that fix these problems, or would that just be a waste of money?

It wouldn’t be a waste because win 7 is awesome, but if it’s a hardware issue that you’re having, a new OS won’t fix it.

Insanity

X(

Quoted from randa

this would be smart.

n00ne

Quoted from randa

Here it is, sorry for the white spot, I had flash on.
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/4743/img0112fu.jpg

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Do it anyway! :)

I’ll see if there any software level solutions around, maybe I don’t need to do anything inside my case.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from n00ne

[…]

Here it is, sorry for the white spot, I had flash on.
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/4743/img0112fu.jpg

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL = driver issue. 9 out of 10 times, anyway.

Figure out what recent changes you’ve made (new hardware? driver upgrades, etc?) and go from there.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »