IE9

Created 10th May 2012 @ 16:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from SiriusA

[…]
For me as a webdesigner, IE is a pain in the ass. I always have to redesign the whole page just for IE.
In all fairness IE got better with every version, but it still doesn’t display things like all the other Browsers.

Fucking said. I’m a student and IE is the fucking arse of the internet. Always needs ‘special’ coding.. I still prefer Firefox over Chrome, I started with Firefox and never saw the need to change I guess

mfw http://myfacewhen.com/185/ people in this thread actually like IE

Quoted from octochris

You have the choice between a browser made by a company which has consistently ignored standards, instead opting to force the user to do whatever the fuck they want at the expense of everyone (just look at all of the fucking stupid hacks people have to make to accommodate even recent Internet Explorer releases), or, you could actually use a standards compliant browser that isn’t a crock of proprietary dog shit.

This!

chipstalaizah

KiH
mm.

Quoted from SiriusA

[…]
For me as a webdesigner, IE is a pain in the ass. I always have to redesign the whole page just for IE.

If you have to redesign the whole page in IE you need to look at your code. Yes, IE is pretty crap, but if it’s to a point where the whole site gets smooshed, your code is most likely not up to par.

Tehgnarr

is good!

I dont care who made the browser, if it passes chrome in speed and usability – count me in. But thats still a big “if”

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from chipstalaizah

[…]

If you have to redesign the whole page in IE you need to look at your code. Yes, IE is pretty crap, but if it’s to a point where the whole site gets smooshed, your code is most likely not up to par.

True, but IE needs special tags for many things. Which is obviously retarded
But as you say, if he needs to redo the ENTIRE page for IE. He’s probably not writing it properly
Besides, modifying the CSS to fit IE normally isn’t the hardest thing to do. (Everything is relative)

Quoted from chipstalaizah

[…]

Ofc I don’t mean a complete rewrite of the Page. It just annoys me to adjust the CSS just because MS can’t comply with the standards.

dodgydogman

Panda

Quoted from Azured

[…]
why would you get both?

When chrome breaks for me, it means I can use firefox to redownload it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3