Forum

IE9

Created 10th May 2012 @ 16:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from dodgydogman

Does anyone get like extreme lag when trying to scroll down? Its pretty fucking ironic that the webpage advertising their shitty browser runs like balls.

Edit: Oh, ok like every scroll is sometimes a frame of something or it brings up some information.

Could they have fucking made something more shit in the form of a webpage?.. Holy shit microsoft are balls at advertisements. What were they thinking, what the fuck.

I thought it was pretty clever stuff. If it’s laggy you probably just have a shit pc.

ups

Quoted from Kvux

[…]
Some companies do that? Forcing people to use shit software sounds like a retards idea tbh
I would understand if it were software that only they had, but still. Something as simple as a browser?

I assume that in a corporate environment it’s irrelevant whether the software is good or not – as long as it’s “out of the box” and ready to use with minimum configuration and support.

Quoted from Kvux

[…]
Why would you wait for IE10? To laugh of microsucks incredible skill to make shitty browsers?

I can see your point, and there’s even a quote from 1998 to help you make your point: “Sometimes we do get taken by surprise. For example, when the Internet came along, we had it as a fifth or sixth priority”. Which explains a lot.

Regarding the browser itself: it won’t be no chrome – that’s for sure, however since ms attempts to integrate web-dev client-side, there’s a lot of focus on developing the browser at the moment, and hopefully this will turnout well for them.

Last edited by ups,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from Kvux

[…]

Guessing you be trolling, but I’m gonna feed you anyway

Why would you wait for IE10? To laugh of microsucks incredible skill to make shitty browsers?

:D

IE9 was a big step in the right direction. I actually prefer it over Firefox but I still find Chrome more intuative; so many little nice features that make it a pleasure to use.

Sure this advertising campaign made me cringe a little, but I have yet to hear any useful critism of IE9 in this thread other than the standard Microsoft bashing.

konr

Quoted from Kvux

[…]

Some companies do that? Forcing people to use shit software sounds like a retards idea tbh
I would understand if it were software that only they had, but still. Something as simple as a browser?

iirc they’re made to use the browser that comes with the computer when Windows is installed. Not for any amazingly good reason, but that’s it.

Quoted from Admirable

Sure this advertising campaign made me cringe a little, but I have yet to hear any useful critism of IE9 in this thread other than the standard Microsoft bashing.

For me as a webdesigner, IE is a pain in the ass. I always have to redesign the whole page just for IE.
In all fairness IE got better with every version, but it still doesn’t display things like all the other Browsers.

For browsing I prefer Chrome because it’s simple, fast, and has a lot of handy features. For developing a webpage I take FF because it has some great Add-Ons for developers (Firebug <3).

Last edited by SiriusA,

Si^

T2P
[PG]

IE will be ok once it gets auto updates implemented so it can keep up with web standards, at the moment i cba with it.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Admirable

[…]

I second this. IE9 is a big step forward for Microsoft in terms of security and performance wise. All browsers have their up and down sides.

Last edited by Andee,

octochris

(0v0)

You have the choice between a browser made by a company which has consistently ignored standards, instead opting to force the user to do whatever the fuck they want at the expense of everyone (just look at all of the fucking stupid hacks people have to make to accommodate even recent Internet Explorer releases), or, you could actually use a standards compliant browser that isn’t a crock of proprietary dog shit.

Last edited by octochris,

Jorman

EPA

I’m viewing this topic using Chrome. /thread

Swedish Santa

I highly like firefox over IE because I can customize my firefox with plugins and personal themes. Sure you can do it in IE but it is just plain ugly. Besides, why bother even using IE when I am using my ubuntu 11.10 partition? Chrome and firefox are so much superior in my opinion.

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Fun Facts: Top 5 browsers used by etf2l.org visitors:

1. Chrome – 120,912 visits in the past 30 days (44.82% of all visits in that time)
2. Firefox – 102,786 (38.10%)
3. Opera – 24,934 (9.24%)
4. Internet Explorer – 9,265 (3.43%)
5. Safari – 7,022 (2.60%)

After those 5 we go into mobile phones, consoles and other oddities. We’ve had 8 visits via the Nintendo Wii in the past 30 days.

Pricee

has $w@G

Quoted from Crasp

After those 5 we go into mobile phones, consoles and other oddities. We’ve had 8 visits via the Nintendo Wii in the past 30 days.

One of the Wii visits is mine :PP

Ghostface

spire

Pretty sure a lot of Safari visits are mine if it counts mobile/PC browsers the same.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from Crasp

Fun Facts: Top 5 browsers used by etf2l.org visitors:

1. Chrome – 120,912 visits in the past 30 days (44.82% of all visits in that time)
2. Firefox – 102,786 (38.10%)
3. Opera – 24,934 (9.24%)
4. Internet Explorer – 9,265 (3.43%)
5. Safari – 7,022 (2.60%)

The Opera user is Adam :D I kid Opera is cool.

Azured

eureka

Quoted from Kvux

[…]

IE can be centrally controlled via policies using standard microsoft tools. A corporation would have to program that functionality themselves for Firefox/Chrome, so it’s simply easier to stick with IE.

When it comes down to it, IE isn’t that much worse than firefox and chrome, so it’s a small sacrifice.

Plus, by limiting users to 1 browser you minimize support costs and website incompatabilites on the corporate intraweb.

Last edited by Azured,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »