Forum

Playing positions/Habits

Created 22nd January 2011 @ 17:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Wabbeh

When playing, I always hold down the push to talk key when I get excited cuz I forget which one it is and I worry I’ll release the wrong button.

This xD

^Haha, me too.

Scatterbrain

SpA|com

Quoted from Mike

actually i have a mx518 and everynow and then i press the down sensitivity button twice then the up one once..

lol, this. also, opening menu, turn off raw input, close menu, wiggle mouse a bit, open menu, turn on raw input, close menu.

most important thing is making sure that my room’s at an ok temperature, on the warmer side if anything, and avoiding playing with a thick hoody on (jumper w/ zipper open preffered). if it’s a saturday, i try to watch some demos of premiership medics during the afternoon. oh, and i always have a glass of water there too, even if i totally ignore for hours until it’s gone all warm and bleh :(

Thalash

wG
S-O

Quoted from Wabbeh

When playing, I always hold down the push to talk key when I get excited cuz I forget which one it is and I worry I’ll release the wrong button.

Tis cuz u bad wabby :x

But true..

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

In general terms, I watch my sleep and eating patterns. For an important game, I’ll try to make sure I’ve had a normal 3-meal day, and won’t have to play directly after dinner. I also make sure I’m dead sober (usually I drink a beer at dinner, but not on a pcw night), just drink a lot of water. When I still feel a little drowsy I’ll have a coffee (1/10 milk, 1/10 coffee milk, 8/10 coffee, 1.5 tsp sugar) which I will start drinking ~20 minutes before the game.

My chair has to be in the perfect position (height, angle, armrests, etc). Same for keyboard, mousemat and monitor. The room temperature has to be ideal (either open up window to let the room cool down or activate electric radiator to quickly heat it up)

For an official I will turn my phone off, and turn off any unnecessary systray app on my pc.

As for ingame, I also watch my middle finger as I too had my fair share of accidental ubers in the past. And yes, I suffer from the “hold push to talk during tense moments” syndrome too.

Quoted from Scatterbrain

[…]
…. opening menu, turn off raw input, close menu, wiggle mouse a bit, open menu, turn on raw input, close menu…

U cant do your ZOM AIRNEEDLEZ without raw input

Tobyy

TEZC
Pixie <3

Cannot lean back while playing, got to be upright with my back off the chair.
Will play with volume 0 for the first round/till my first death of any PCW (this is because I haven’t changed my config to fix the issue and it’s become a sort of tradition)
Sleeves rolled up
Ideally a nice temperature, but our house is old and gets cold in the winter so I frequently complain about cold hands

oppai

KURT!

I need to take a shower before I play anything. If I don’t I actually panic and tend to fail more than I usually do.

flushy

P.O.P

1. smoke a bible
2. make sure my mousepad is positioned perfectly
3. kick ass

rtan

-9w-

sit down and play

ups

Quoted from xzr

I keep spamming weapon changes (1,2,3) in the middle of the rollouts and whenever there’s an idle moment in a game.

this

Also, I tend to move back and forth when stickying something.

Quoted from rtan

sit down and play

weirdo

Last edited by ups,

N/A

RaWr ::

also about a week before lans i take my armrests of my chair and practice playing without them

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

i have small post- its on my screen to remember myself what i should focus on in specific matches

Anathema

Whenever I spawn: press 2, press 1, shoot, check if it auto reloads my scattergun.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from smziii

i have small post- its on my screen to remember myself what i should focus on in specific matches

Best idea ever, that is what I am going to do from now on.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »