Forum

Game recommendations

Created 26th December 2010 @ 12:31

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

I know I’m not the only one swamped with the sales and the prices off, being indecisive on which game(s) to get, so I figured we could use a topic on game recommendations. If you’re looking for recommendations or have recommendations for other people, just post them here!

Personally, I’d recommend Metro 2033 to anybody who’s interested in FPS (play it in russian dialogue!). I know it was brought up recently but it bears repeating. The Witcher is another great RPG, incredibly immersive and lasts for a long time (up to 80 hours if you do every tiny little sidequest).
Company of Heroes is a must have for any strategy fan, goes far more in-depth than most RTS games.

The problem for me is that I have these already, along with similar games. Now, what to look for? I’ve tried S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and didn’t enjoy it and can’t really think of other games similar. Anybody got a recommendation? :D

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

alfa

Dragon Age: Origins
Torchlight
Chime
Ozmos
Super Meatboy
Assassin’s Creed 2
World of Goo
Unreal Tournament 3 Black Edition

You might have most of them, but that’s my recommandation :)

Hope you find what you want !!

P.S: Starcraft 2 if you want unforgottable nights with Pledge :D

Last edited by alfa,

DIEHARDD

Bloodline Champions

Website – http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZxR-8SkKFk&feature=player_embedded

Quoted from alfa

Dragon Age: Origins
Torchlight
Chime
Ozmos
Super Meatboy
Assassin’s Creed 2
World of Goo
Unreal Tournament 3 Black Edition

You might have most of them, but that’s my recommandation :)

Hope you find what you want !!

P.S: Starcraft 2 if you want unforgottable nights with Pledge :D

Got all of those except Chime, actually, but someone will get a use out of this I’m sure :D

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

I know I’m not the only one swamped with the sales and the prices off, being indecisive on which game(s) to get, so I figured we could use a topic on game recommendations. If you’re looking for recommendations or have recommendations for other people, just post them here!

Personally, I’d recommend Metro 2033 to anybody who’s interested in RPGs (play it in russian dialogue!). I know it was brought up recently but it bears repeating. The Witcher is another great RPG, incredibly immersive and lasts for a long time (up to 80 hours if you do
every tiny little sidequest).
Company of Heroes is a must have for any strategy fan, goes far more in-depth than most RTS games.

The problem for me is that I have these already, along with similar games. Now, what to look for? I’ve tried S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and didn’t enjoy it and can’t really think of other games
similar. Anybody got a recommendation? :D

Have you tried Company Of Heroes Online? free, more awesome version of the COH games with persistent levelling units in multiplayer etc.

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Personally, I’d recommend Metro 2033 to anybody who’s interested in RPGs

don’t really see how Metro is an rpg. Its a 100% linear fps.

Waebi

‹Con›

definitely +1ing Dragon Age if you’re into RPG stuff – played it through like more than 3 times and it was always fun. Same story with Mass Effect (1&2).
Oh, and I heard there was this game called TF2 or smth :)

edit: Dragon Age Ultimate Edition is just 40€ atm – that includes the 9 addon packs as well, also Awakenings. Considering that you play all 6 “intros” and do the sidequests, that’s like 120h, making it about 0.3€/h which is shit cheap and fun.

Last edited by Waebi,

Quoted from Linus

[…]

don’t really see how Metro is an rpg. Its a 100% linear fps.

No idea why I put RPG there.

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

No idea why I put RPG there.

maybe there are RPGs in it?
/joke

So now Super Meat Boy & The Witcher are back on sale. Grab them while you can. FEAR pack is worth it for only €10.

Anybody got a good (zombie) survival shooter suggestion?

dvb

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Anybody got a good (zombie) survival shooter suggestion?

L4D2 for 7e is a must :)

Quoted from dvb

[…]

L4D2 for 7e is a must :)

Already got both L4D games, along with Killing Floor.

agron

Relic

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Already got both L4D games, along with Killing Floor.

zombie driver and zombie shooter (alien shooter 2: reloaded is fun too)

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from agron

[…]

zombie driver and zombie shooter (alien shooter 2: reloaded is fun too)

zombie driver is awesome :D

Cooler

4Queens

The Witcher: Enchanced edition
get it especially if you are going to buy The Witcher 2

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »