Forum

Looking For TF2 Frags for Miniclips - Steamworks

Created 6th September 2009 @ 19:58

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

I gotta +1 Morf with taking a look at PldX. Submissions for it are still open so if you check back every couple of days, there should be more demos available.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Sorry, didn’t like that miniclip at all. It was like every other CSS miniclip you see, enter the Pldx movie contest if you wanna start working on TF2 movies, GL.

iQue

keso

Would love to see a full length TF2 movie from Steamworks. There are way too many TF2 frag videos that could have been really epic but falls short in terms of editing and quality. (5:4 aspect ratio wmv or something lol)

Basically, TF2 players = horrible movie editors :D

Keep up the good work.

iQue

keso

Fucking quote instead of edit. :/

Skyride

DUCS

Sorry, didn’t like that miniclip at all. It was like every other CSS miniclip you see, enter the Pldx movie contest if you wanna start working on TF2 movies, GL.

Hmm….

I thought it was ok, different. TF2 requires a different visual style to CSS. That style works for CSS because CSS is designed to look realistic, slap some nice blur and touch it up in AE and it achieves that. TF2 was always meant to look slightly cartoony so you need to take that into account.

In TF2, 3 and 4 mans are far more skilled than CSS. CSS = spam M4 round a corner and you got yourself a 4 man. In TF2, you need to play VERY well to achieve regardless of class.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Hmm….

I thought it was ok, different. TF2 requires a different visual style to CSS. That style works for CSS because CSS is designed to look realistic, slap some nice blur and touch it up in AE and it achieves that. TF2 was always meant to look slightly cartoony so you need to take that into account.

In TF2, 3 and 4 mans are far more skilled than CSS. CSS = spam M4 round a corner and you got yourself a 4 man. In TF2, you need to play VERY well to achieve regardless of class.

Yeah, thats kind of what I thought.

In CSS, to fill a sync why not put in a clip of a player running somewhere. It doesn’t work in TF2 because you rarely get 5-man clips in TF2 and when you do they aren’t 5 guys getting headshotted coming out an alley lol

Skyride

DUCS

Yeah, thats kind of what I thought.

In CSS, to fill a sync why not put in a clip of a player running somewhere. It doesn’t work in TF2 because you rarely get 5-man clips in TF2 and when you do they aren’t 5 guys getting headshotted coming out an alley lol

Hehe, true.

A 5-man in 6v6 TF2 is almost non-existant as the first guy you killed could have respawned by the time you’ve killed the 5th. :P

Also, the only way you can realistically do that is:
1) Their whole team at a choke point and you push in with Kritz
2) Aimbotting Scout getting behind
3) Your Jh and playing sniper

I think due to the pretty small amount of material to work with on the PldX comp, we’re going to see some interesting ways of getting around this. The way most movies seem to take it is “LAWL FRAGS LAWL!! BREAKS ARE FOR LUSERS” which gets boring after the 10th Double airshot. With the small sample of footage though, people are going to have to take a different approach and I think something interesting will come of it.

Brass

or8?

yeah fair enough, i have only just been working on TF2 recently and there is a lot of things to get used to. Saying that, I have never seen a tf2 frag edited this way although it may be similar to css.

Anyway was just a tester as the engine is much more up to date than with CSS althought there are many many things you can not do on it or I have not found out how to do.

I know that you dont often get as many 4man 5man kills in TF2, but that is not what im looking for. I want to put more emphasis on what they are up against as if you look in the clip i did, I tried to portray that the solider did not have a medic helping him out, he only had a scout. Also tried to show that he took down a medic and demo combo by getting the medic first and also took out a pyro before he burnt the scout. Also tried to show him capping the point and winning the round for his team. It is not all about the kills themselves, but the scenario it is in.

Also I tried to keep the humor of TF2 in there with the Solider talking and laughing at the end. Oh well i will try harder next time

Skyride

DUCS

/Brass’s Long Post

Hmm… I know what you mean but what im saying is that dosen’t work so much in TF2, its an interesting idea and hats off to you for giving it a go, Im just saying I personally think it dosen’t work.

Brass

or8?

well thanks for your views anyway, its the only way to get better! I will give it another go soon and let you guys see if it has improved or not. Thanks :)

jem

rEJ

More enjoyable than the vast majority of full-length videos. Would love to see a proper length video with quality div1/2 frags, really nice work.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Just watched it again, as I was quite drunk when I watched it earlier. Go easy on the slow-mo, we know what a ragdoll falling to the ground looks like. Also try to make clips that show off teamwork, as a clip where a single soldier can wipe out the enemy and cap last point generally means the enemy team is quite bad.

grey

nm

pretty awesome…

Norris

liked it!

Brass

or8?

Just watched it again, as I was quite drunk when I watched it earlier. Go easy on the slow-mo, we know what a ragdoll falling to the ground looks like. Also try to make clips that show off teamwork, as a clip where a single soldier can wipe out the enemy and cap last point generally means the enemy team is quite bad.

ok thanks, i will look for more teamwork play for the next clip I do, sorry this was the only one available to me at the time, cheers for the comments though

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »