Created 9th December 2010 @ 19:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

dr.Justice

≧◡≦

fadestep is my hero

darkstar

2strong

Fadestep was great, you weren’t.
VERY boring music. VERY boring editing. But I’ll give it 6/10 only because of the godlike frags.
:D
Fadestep <3

Last edited by darkstar,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from darkstar

Fadestep was great, you weren’t.

tact, you’re lacking it

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

good frags, shit music.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Nice movie chris, I enjoyed watching it.

A minor thing, I agree on someone mentioning the absence of a crosshair. But other then that, nicely put together :)

Memento Mori

pros: it’s fadestep

cons: i now hate the scattergun noise

sKaz

KP

nice frags

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

I feel compelled to write something here because I found this really pollished and refreshing despite all the critizism. Long cuts, the slow pace and well timed slow motion sequences work well in combination. Like the little detail of how you muffled the sound at 7:28 while the players is under water.

Maybe this concept of altering the music based on the environment and events can be evolved even further to create some interesting sound effects in your next movie. For instance:

Imagine simulating the source of the music being around ground level. A solly is lanunched into the air and the music fades with altitude. The negative acceleration here, possibly in combination with some slowmotion, will give a feeling of uncertainty. Then the solly decends causing mayhem coupled with the music volume returning at an accelerated speed, giving sort of an explosive sound effect. Timed properly with the music I think it could work well.

Another suggestion would be to add echoes while running through tight compartments such as the granary pipe, preferably prior to a nice surprise attach, enforcing the sensation of stealth/foreboding.

As both a techie and a musican, I think you’re the most likely person to pull something like this off. Hope you can make something of it.

Last edited by ell,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

The word you are looking for is diegetic ;)

But that’d be cool indeed. Chris already did the underwater thing in On and On btw. And if you have the right sound settings you will already hear the reverb in such surroundings ;)

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from skeej

The word you are looking for is diegetic ;)

But that’d be cool indeed. Chris already did the underwater thing in On and On btw. And if you have the right sound settings you will already hear the reverb in such surroundings ;)

Hah! I had no idea. Looks like I’ve been reinventing the wheel again XD.

Last edited by ell,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from ell

As both a techie and a musican, I think you’re the most likely person to pull something like this off. Hope you can make something of it.

If this movie has taught me anything it’s that people don’t appreciate details, they seem completely ignorant to them. No point.

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from octochris

[…]

If this movie has taught me anything it’s that people don’t appreciate details, they seem completely ignorant to them. No point.

Yet they are affected by them. Take out all the small details that makes a movie polished, to the same audience it would feel flat in comparison, but they wouldn’t be able to tell you why. Point.

Keep doing your thing ;)

Last edited by ell,

Taimou

well done Chris, very enjoyable music and very good frags.
bulbul in your anus zurr

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

Good music, but not for a frag vid.

Length was just meh.

Some nice frags some boring ones.

Well polished piece and a lot better than i could do but not the best thing since sliced bread.

Phrozen

?

Watched the full movie but that was because I was recording in pldx at the time… I liked the intro, colours seemed to changed from dark to bright slightly throughout the movie not fitting the music, frags were great but a little bit more of sniper would have been nice. Also, if you’re going to make a fragvid with only one person in it it should definitely not be longer that 7 minutes. Quite, interesting enough to keep me attentive anywa :) gj

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »