Forum

TECHNIQUE feat. Fadestep | Scout frag movie

Created 9th December 2010 @ 19:45

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

Following many months of work, TECHNIQUE featuring the ETF2L division 1 scout Fadestep is now released. The movie features lots of impressive fragging by Fadestep as scout and sniper, a significant percentage in officials or PCWs against high skill opponents, and has a soundtrack by Jurassic 5, A Tribe Called Quest and Shad.

Links (most recommended at top, least recommended at bottom):

Direct download 1 (60fps): http://adamfindlay.co.uk/movies/fadestep_final_60fps.mp4
Direct download 2 (60fps): http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/movies/fadestep_final_60fps.mp4
YouTube [NOTE: BLOCKED IN GERMANY] (29.97fps): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uya82Lvgqwo
Own3d (29.97fps): http://www.own3d.tv/video/46009/TECHNIQUE_featuring_Fadestep
PLDX (Not recommended due to bad stream generation loss, may jitter — 60fps): not up yet due to site issues

PS. After my last movie, “On and On”, I recieved a few questions about how much time I put into the movie. This time I used a time tracker with a report function so I could actually tell people how much time I spent doing what:

27 hours general (syncing, working out clip placement, tweaking colours on the bases I made specifically for this movie to give each individual clip an individual atmosphere)
5 hours making colours for each map specifically designed for this movie
4 hours choosing music
3.5 hours talking to other editors/producers and getting feedback for the final release
1.5 hours music editing/mastering

That’s a total of 41 hours I spent actually in front of the computer actively working on this movie ;) Often that’s because I like to put my own individual spin on things and tinker around for ages before getting a setting I like (the medic uber drop scene took me over 1.5 hours to finally get an effect I was happy with!)

I also spent 28.5 hours recording/processing, 17 hours rendering and 6 hours encoding with avisynth/ffmpeg, but most of that I was going through my backlog of movies that I wanted to watch or taking naps whilst my computer chugged away in the background :D

edit: in b4 OMG IT’S 10 MINUTES, get an attention span

Last edited by octochris,

Sketch

MM

OMG ITS 10 MUNATES!

shit colurs
shit song
shit sync

Loved it :D

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

Looks sick, downloading now.

clippen

Really nice movie.

Sick frags.
Sick music.
Sick colours.

gj chris.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

JIGGER! <3

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

I know it’s only a minor thing but it’s nice to have a xhair in a scout movie, can’t really get a view or appreciate the players aim without it :/

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Downloading. +1 in advance for Jurassic 5!

LuckyLuke

UbeR |

Don’t like to give negative comments but it was a bit boring for me – maybe that’s because of the music but in general I can’t remember anything what was really entertaining in the whole vid :3
It felt like 10 minutes the same stuff after the intro…

And PldX is starting to look like a really bad version of own3D. :(

Defur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjytdRQcaDQ

nice

randa

Didn’t like the music and 10minutes of that shit drove me mad. Loved everything else as much as I can love a scout frag movie.

KrullkrigareN^

nandos

Finally, Jurassic 5 in a fragvid. I can die happy now.

Dummy

basically
good frags
fitting music for a scout movie
dark colours which did not fit the songs
lack of a theme, any outstanding editing, the only thing which makes it standing out of the crowd of 100fragclipsputtogether movies are the frags, there is not a drop of originality in this :w
/10, a 6, 7 i guess?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Dummy

the only thing which makes it standing out of the crowd of 100fragclipsputtogether movies are the frags

well no shit sherlock, congratulations on not understanding that all of my movies are made to showcase frags and not overcomplicate editing.

Quoted from Dummy

there is not a drop of originality in this :w

oh really? do tell me, who have i copied?

Last edited by octochris,

Dummy

Quoted from octochris

[…]

well no shit sherlock, congratulations on not understanding that all of my movies are made to showcase frags and not overcomplicate editing.
look at flower power – simple yet powerful editing, it showcased the frags and was not like a cs:s movie but was definitely original

[…]

oh really? do tell me, who have i copied?

@1
look at flower power – simple yet powerful editing, it showcased the frags and was not like a cs:s movie but was definitely original
@2
watch the frag clip thread

Last edited by Dummy,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
@1
@2
watch the frag clip thread

i’m all for personal opinions, but when you speak bullshit like “there’s not a drop of originality” for something I put hard work into and have never followed a tutorial or took stock footage for, you’re crossing the line.

fuck off.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »