Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 86 87 88 ... 109 Next »

broesel

LAME

Quoted from minimoose

Images of the remake: http://www.mediafire.com/?cw7hswjpz2m56

2 of them are weird and require a download I believe but I’m sure you will live.

thanks for uploading these

Kritzonite

qn.

Quoted from Vince

You tweak a bit? I have to do those tedious edits :D. It’s a bit overscaled though anyway.

I’m sure it is tedious, given the level of detail that is already in the map for the playtesting phase. Valve’s approach when making a map is to first build it almost BSP only, just a handful of props, then very simple texturing using ‘dev’ textures, and keep it that way until it’s been playtested to a huge extent and they’re certain gameplay is as satisfactory as they’ll get it. It’s only after that point that proper textures and detailing is done.

I’ve seen this excessive detail for playtest vesrions with a lot of TF2 maps being tested for competitive play and it makes little sense to me. It just means we’re more likely to get an inferior map in the end, since major changes are less likely to be made, given the difficulty of shifting so much complex geometry.

choiie

keso

Quoted from Kritzonite

[…]

I’ve seen this excessive detail for playtest vesrions with a lot of TF2 maps being tested for competitive play and it makes little sense to me. It just means we’re more likely to get an inferior map in the end, since major changes are less likely to be made, given the difficulty of shifting so much complex geometry.

When people start playing non-detailed map, I will start making non-detailed maps. Till then, gg.

Mark

Phase

Quoted from Kritzonite

[…]

I’m sure it is tedious, given the level of detail that is already in the map for the playtesting phase. Valve’s approach when making a map is to first build it almost BSP only, just a handful of props, then very simple texturing using ‘dev’ textures, and keep it that way until it’s been playtested to a huge extent and they’re certain gameplay is as satisfactory as they’ll get it. It’s only after that point that proper textures and detailing is done.

Difference is Valve pays their testers.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

You don’t even need props for the first versions, you can simply make boxes etc using geometry.

byte

Played cp_obscure_remake_b1a last night and it went fairly well had no real complaints other than the ones I already mentioned which Vince is on the case.

As for game play it went really smoothly and not even koeitje could deny (I KNOW RIGHT OMG?!) :P however that invisible wall is staying Koe just for u XD

Anyway will post an announcement when Vince manages to do the changes, glongas if you want the b1a version contact me 2night.

Cheers

Byte

lolage

TSPAG

I played cp_obscure_remake_b1a tonight (yesterday) in a double mix. Was generally very good I thought, as already said here I’d agree that 2nd point is a bit wide.

Apart from that, I love the new changes – look forward to playing it again.

laerin

-9w-

Is the distance needed to travel from last to second longer? Don’t know if it was just me but it felt quite big. Making the point since it took like half a dozen fail pushes because of that blasted sentry before we managed to cap last and we still managed to keep cp2 after each failed attempt. More than likely just to be only cause we were playing a ‘loldoublemix’.

Last edited by laerin,

Vince

BiG

Well, if you put an scout on engineer, don’t wonder why you have a hard time pushing out of last.

laerin

-9w-

I was on your team Vince :P. Was just an observation, but it was during a pretty shit game I guess.

Vaskie

BulletClub

Would someone be able to upload the latest version so more people can try it ? Am sure we at the Portuguese community could do quite a few mixes, we usually do atleast 3-4 a day.

Vince

BiG

Quoted from Vaskie

Would someone be able to upload the latest version so more people can try it ? Am sure we at the Portuguese community could do quite a few mixes, we usually do atleast 3-4 a day.

Best case scenario, next version is out tonight. And that one will be public for testing. You can find the current one on my dropbox, but since the next version is almost out, not much point in distributing the current one, since there are quite some changes.

byte

cp_obscure_remake_b2 – out now.

Had it played and test by various people from pug2 and most areas if not all are beautifully poised for some quick action, (thats right Shintaz aka Patrick it’s no longer “stalematey :3).

Anyway feel free to use this version in pugs/pcw’s or cups, remember it’s b2 that mean props / details still need to be added, that includes some clipping here or there but yus the game play is definitely faaaaaaasssssssssst even Uncle minimoose said >.<!

.::. Download cp_obscure_remake_b2 .::.
http://fakkelbrigade.eu/byte/cp_obscure_remake_b2.zip

Any queries/questions pm me on irc or leave a message on steam/etf2l forums.

Many thanks to Vince so far btw :333

Cheers

Byte

AnimaL

can you upload it to multiplay servers? would try it then :]

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Minimoose’s seal of approval you say?

Where do i enter my credit card details??

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 86 87 88 ... 109 Next »