Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 109 Next »

byte

Well it’s almost been 2½ days now since the release of cp_obscure_alpha and i must admit i’m totally over whelmed by the response. Just looking at the statistics of the MP pickups both 1 and room 2…

It out voted Badlands on the day of release, also it’s out voted granary for the entire week even though its only been available for 2.5 days!

Thanks to f2 providing me with the information i’ve been told it has been played 25 times in total of pickup1 and pickup2 MP! :)

Thank you to all those who have sent me pm’s or posted on this thread with feedback some USEFUL feedback, i think there are 1 or 2 tweaks that could be altered to the map to make it flow even more. In the next update so far the changes are…

– Remove the “DO NOT ENTER” sign from Blue spawn at cp1 at the top, as it would show a do not enter symbol even though you can renter from top spawn (only occurs on blue side)

– Fixed also a missing wall inbetween the two doors at cp1 spawn. (only on blue side)

– Fixed cap point 2 so that it is not cappable from the rim of the circle.

– Instead of having the barrel next to cp2 there will be a formation of fairly sized rocks in a line covering the a line of sight diagonally from left side all the way to top right (going into cp1) hard to explain but you will like the change for sure.

– Widened the right side when attacking from cp2 to cp3by almost double its width so less splash damage can occur and more flow of attacking from either cp3 to cp2 or cp2 to cp3 is easier.

– Where the players spawn at cp1 have now been moved slightly further back mainly because it is easier for defenders to go back change class and resup. So the resup cabinets have been moved back as well so it’s not as easy.

– Removed the sliding door from the 1st door of cp1 spawn on the left.

– Added a yellow/black line border at cp1 spawn so people will know where they can change their class. As you can NOT change from the 1st to 2nd door and upper part of cp1 spawn :P

– More detailing/texturing on various areas

The map is now in…

– gather.es
– scantf2.pickup
– mpuktf2.pickup
– mpuktf2.pickup2
– tf2.invite.pickup
– gather.fi
– tf2.pug.na (North America)
– tf2.gather.us (General US)
– tf2.pickup.de

Special thanks to Cinq for fixing me up with the US pickups along with Cyzer from EG| for trying push and play test it 6v6!

We have done the updates as mentioned above however rather than me just update it and immediately send it to all the pickup channel admins again i’d rather wait til 2/3 weeks, wait for more feedback and improvement texture wise :)

Guys/Girls i’d seriously appreciate it, if you can play obscure as a pcw with your clan and tell me your experiences/feedback about it. Please bare in mind the updates mentioned above though.

More news to come!

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

fJack

k^m

“- Added a yellow/black line border at cp1 spawn so people will know where they can change their class. As you can NOT change from the 1st to 2nd door and upper part of cp1 spawn :P”
YES :D

Puppets

“- Added a yellow/black line border at cp1 spawn so people will know where they can change their class. As you can NOT change from the 1st to 2nd door and upper part of cp1 spawn :P”
YES :D

fuck yes, love you byte :)

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

“Widened the right side when attacking from cp2 to cp3by almost double its width so less splash damage can occur and more flow of attacking from either cp3 to cp2 or cp2 to cp3 is easier.”
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

best custom map i’ve seen in a long while.

byte

Such kind words Hokka <3 :)

Cheers

Byte

eoN^

gully > obscure > badlands > gravelpit > granary

And that is a MASSIVE complement from a die hard badlands fan like myself :P

Skyride

DUCS

No you got it all wrong:

Obscure > Badlands > Granary/Gullywash > dustbowl > 2fort > orange_x > Gravelpit

Last edited by Skyride,

NOT-HIM

GC

cheers mate! looks pretty awesome and I personally had lot of fun playing it . I’ve seen you’ve got some impressive ranking out there on mpuk.. hopefully its gonna stay that way :)

waiting for the final ver. :Z

Extremer

http://fakkelbrigade.eu/extremer/images/obs1.jpg

Found a bug while eating a sandvich.

Mikey

No you got it all wrong:

Obscure > Badlands > Granary/Gullywash > dustbowl > 2fort > orange_x > Gravelpit

+1

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Byte get off your ass and organise a one night cup for this xD

byte

How many clans dya reckon would be up for a 1 day obscure cup? ^^

Cheers

Byte

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

How many clans dya reckon would be up for a 1 day obscure cup? ^^

Cheers

Byte

A lot, judging from the popularity of it in pickup2. Hurry up and finish the map :P

F2

Danmark

Hurry up and finish the map

Finishing the map quickly is not a desirable goal in my opinion.

Last edited by F2,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 109 Next »