Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 33 34 35 36 Next »

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

i still like it :)

Keep it up Hyce

Last edited by Raptor,

Hyce

There’s no way to win with you people. Haha.

I appreciate any and all words. RC1 coming soon. Maybe if you guys didn’t bin Logjam for Granary again it would’ve stayed the same.

Meeto

Quoted from Hyce

There’s no way to win with you people. Haha.

I appreciate any and all words. RC1 coming soon. Maybe if you guys didn’t bin Logjam for Granary again it would’ve stayed the same.

Maybe if you didn’t do a sudden, massive overhaul of mid that ruined it, then Granary wouldn’t have gotten back in.

Kaneco

nah this map suffered from excessive hype by the eu dbmixes circlejerk, I still remember sideshow praising logjam everywhere like it was the second coming of christ. Until 6 months later the same ppl who loved it suddently didn’t love it anymore and just left Hyce in the shitter, which is a shame cuz he’s been one of the mappers which payed most attention to feedback (maybe that was actually his achilles heel)

The map was good, but it was way too early into the development at the time and also a few questionable development choices (I still have no idea why u decided to completely redo mid so many times) took a toll on the map popularity.

I still like it overall, but I’m really not a fan of this new mid, I think it played better with the wooden bridge and house, needed a few tweaks obviously but not a complete re-do. I think the current map but with the old mid a bit tweaked would be amazing.

Great work with the detailing tho.

Last edited by Kaneco,

Spriggan

logjam is overrated.
And cause it’s dead

Hyce

I’m hoping once I hit RC that I can get it into ESEA in NA, and if they prove that the new mid is shit I can try the old one with tweaks. I for one still feel it lacked a solution to having good high ground and the houses were way too powerful too hold from.

I guess if at that point if it doesn’t work that will be the end.

Hyce

CP_LOGJAM_RC1

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/peumff7z3mqqcsq/cp_logjam_rc1.bsp?dl=0

SCREENS: http://imgur.com/a/bKKiP

Gameplay changelog:
Metric fuckton of clipping
Modified the forward spawn at 2nd point to have a larger door that opens sideways
Added a raised walkway around spire at 2nd to block choke -> saw sightline as well as allow players to still utilize the space
Detailed a lot of stuff
Probably more things I forgot

Special thanks to Phi, Wareya, Benroads, and Bereth for detail/clipping/gameplay feedback.

Last edited by Hyce,

Frozy

i ran around it for a bit, even though i don’t like the stone setting on mid rest of it looks great, hopefully it can be put on tf2pickup or something.

Meeto

Mid is still fucked, nobody will want to play it as long as mid remains fucked. You shouldn’t be counting on having your map played in a season for feedback. Getting your map into a season should be a privilege, not a testing tool.

Last edited by Meeto,

AB

I like the mid. No one will take your criticism seriously if ‘still fucked’ is as constructive as you can be.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Mid is fine. My problem was always that the 3 ways from 2nd to mid were spaced out and didn’t lend themselves to a forward hold. But arguably that makes it flow better (I prefer Snakewater, a lot of people don’t).

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

Quoted from AB

I like the mid. No one will take your criticism seriously if ‘still fucked’ is as constructive as you can be.

Hyce

I am aware that the current mid is not perfect.

I do not rely on the map being in season to get testing. However being in season is about a million times more feedback and it’s more guaranteed. To try and get 12 decent people to play a pickup on logjam at present is typically quite difficult. This is partially because I am sure most of you guys in the EU are sick of it (fair enough), and partially because the guys in NA don’t really care that much until it’s in ESEA.

I’ve got a good amount of fixes/detailing flaws/things to fix for RC2, and as well I have a few ideas on how to improve upon the current mid. I don’t care too much for how gray the mid is either… not certain what I can do but I will work on it.

As always I appreciate all feedback, including “Mid is fucked” even if it’s not that helpful.

Setlet

I like this mid. However I think it may still suffer from the lack of vision you have if you arrive from choke. As a demoman it’s frustrating trying to spam something you don’t see. But now at least I feel much safer.

Hyce

Experimenting a bit with lobby at 2nd. Going to mess with choke later and see how that goes. RC2 in the next few weeks hopefully.

I don’t really have a consensus on what I need to do with the mid so I haven’t touched it yet.

http://imgur.com/a/nQsSI

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 33 34 35 36 Next »