Forum

New freight: yey or nay?

Created 29th April 2010 @ 07:26

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 16 Next »

wer

tfortress.no

Quoted from DuPe

[…]

Well if you try to push from bottom you get spammed like hell and top left is small place.

yea, nothing like the old freight

tasKu

e-famous

NAY! NAY NAY NAY!

old version was fucking YAY! But the new one is so nay.

Furi0us

nay ;[

wer

tfortress.no

yey, i like the new version alot better.

The mid is alot more fun with the b3 roofs

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from kaidus

[…]

Perhaps they really enjoy the current freight and don’t want to lose it? I’m not just trying to play devils advocate here as I actually prefere the look of the new freight, but it won’t be until freight_final has had a lot of play testing (ie. more than it’s going to get prior to inclusion/exclusion from the map cycle) for anyone on the fence to decide which they prefere. If they don’t think the original is broken then why try to upgrade it? It presents no percieved benefits, but instead a large risk that a map they enjoy will be gone.

Och aye man! I’m not denying people their opinions, but it’s a pretty common occurrence here to see people panning new maps or versions on a knee-jerk reaction.

The masses declared Gullywash to be a “shit map” many moons ago yet now it is loved by many and producing some of the most memorable matches of recent times.

I’d just like to see some more constructive criticisms :>

Defur

yay ^^

the secound and first caps seems abit confusion, but that might just be because were so used to the old one that this is like WOOAHGJARM

would like to see this get more tests : ) or mnm
and for that one who said that you should go on IRC and try finding one who wants to play this is kinda like “ANYONE WANNA PLAY VIADUCT?” even tho alot of people like the map its hard to find games on it (imo) : P

Largos^

PRO

Quoted from kaidus

[…]

Perhaps they really enjoy the current freight and don’t want to lose it? I’m not just trying to play devils advocate here as I actually prefere the look of the new freight, but it won’t be until freight_final has had a lot of play testing (ie. more than it’s going to get prior to inclusion/exclusion from the map cycle) for anyone on the fence to decide which they prefere. If they don’t think the original is broken then why try to upgrade it? It presents no percieved benefits, but instead a large risk that a map they enjoy will be gone.

But the original Freight WAS broken. Everybody knew it too. Spawn times, horrendous to attack last, boring mid for heavy classes.

Nobody deserves devil’s advocate when their posts are three letters long. These are the same types of people who said “nay” to the kritzkrieg and “nay” to Gullywash.

Read Jimmy Breeze’s posts. He actually makes reasoned arguments and offers direct insight from the mapper himself. His posts alone should get the map in next season. (That and two scrims. I guarantee you’ll prefer it.)

Last edited by Largos^,

crz

T4F

Yay! Played it twice today. Was really fun due to fixed spawntimes, closed forward resupply and the changes on last cp to weaken snipers.

Last edited by crz,

toasty.

PHX

Had some really good matches on this map, great improvement.

Dante

yey

I say no. Reason being that second has become a lot less fun to both attack and defend, and attacking last feels like I’m invading normandy on D-Day both in looks and how it plays out.

I like the changes to mid though.

dvb

time for cp_pro_freight I guess ^__^

Wut3r

LR

yey

NAY

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

it looks like a revamp of freight_final
which was the best freight so far imo
(no respawncamp, better spawntimes, harder to defend 2nd, harder to snipe on last)
definitely YaY

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 16 Next »