Forum

Anti-Cheat system

Created 9th February 2010 @ 00:34

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 14 Next »

Quoted from Blade

YOU CANT, you have NO RIGHT to decide person is cheater OR NOT, watching his minute moments from a game!

No, they can’t be 100% sure. What they can say however is that there’s good reason to assume he is hacking and that’s what they act upon. If all 5 AC admins, all experts at spotting hacks, say that there’s good reason to assume he’s hacking, there’s enough reason to ban.

Quoted from Blade

SECOND THING: about your biggest mistake.
What still makes me think that Abra and Spicke arent a cheaters?
1) They are really good guys! lol
2) They continue to play TF2 6×6, rtf2l, pcw, pickups etc
3) They still say they werent cheating, and even trying to prove it
NO, GUYS, REALLY!
If you still wanna play tf2, isnt it an easiest way to say “YES I WAS CHEATING I’M SORRY NOW I WILL BE ABOSOLUTELY FAIR” !?!?!?
They won’t be forgiven for this, ban remains on them, but people will lost all doubts about them, and they may have a little chance in future people will trust them!
TELL ME NOW HONESTLY!
What kind of IDIOT you should be to perform these 2 items ( 2) and 3) ), if you was cheating!?
wait….
wait for it…
THEEEEEEERE!!!
THERE IT IS!!!
One of your biggest mistakes EVER- not only AC team, but also a part of ETF2L community- you think you are clever, and all around you are IDIOTS.
THATS NOT SO!
Please, guys, think about it! You can start right now!

All you’re saying here is “he’s a nice guy and continues playing therefore he can’t be a hacker. That argument is complete bullshit. ANYBODY could do that, even blatant hackers, and according to this argument he’d still not be a hacker.

Quoted from Blade

Uuuumph…… what else can i say.
Stop this circus. Really. Please.
ETF2L need kinda AC system, that based on a PROGRAM.
Program will not make a decision by voting after viewing of stupid video.
And if the program will finds suspicious process that interacts with tf2, no one will have doubts.
The end.

Programs can be tempered with, the results can be altered, he can simply not start it at all etc. Programs are far from foolproof and aren’t the solution.

Blade

Quoted from skanzZ

Somebody implying division is a good indication of intelligence provides great evidence for my claim.

actually, skill level in this question is really matters.

Bash

Quoted from Blade

Wall of text from Blade

You do realise that posts like this one are one of the reasons hackers won’t admit to cheating? Because they like to make people waste their time arguing and obsessing over THEM and having their friends spend so much effort convincing what a great person the accused really is. It’s an ego thing, they gain attention (which they crave) just by playing the martyr.

Not very nice of them to treat their friends that way, though.

Dybdal

clone

As a danish player this subject has been debated though steam friends and what not, but the fact is i dont know quad very well, nor do i honnestly care if he has cheated or not, not even one freaking bit.

What i do find interresting in all of this is that D2M isnt willing to go the added mile, to earn the trust of the user base on etf2l, its been debated before like many people have said but what i dont understand is the “why”.. why is it that you have the “no evidence” policy? what does that accomplish for etf2l other than breed mistrust?

skanzZ

[8U]
LEMon

Quoted from Blade

[…]
actually, skill level in this question is really matters.

Which agrees brilliantly with what I was saying. Why let randomers and people with bias express an oppinion when you have a team of people who have put effort into distinguishing hackers.

So long as etf2l doesn’t put together a team consisting of cs players and blind people, (which im fairly confident they haven’t) they do the better job.

Quoted from Dybdal

what does that accomplish for etf2l other than breed mistrust?

That’s been explained multiple times. It prevents the hackers from finding out what they did wrong and what to avoid next time.

berg

some1 still believe in it

Dybdal

clone

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

That’s been explained multiple times. It prevents the hackers from finding out what they did wrong and what to avoid next time.

ehm? allright.. lets make it case specifik, regarding this perticular case your talking about not allowing the public to see a demo, so they wont figure out how not to get caught using an aimbot.. something thats virtualy impossible to hide?

For the arguement of a wallhacker or whatever is out there, i can kinda see your point but its still in my opinon the lesser of two evils, your prioritizing the ease of work of the AC team above trust of the user base, something of witch other sport organizations like the NBA have found to be the wrong idea.. it might not be something you can compare but the issue of referrre trust has haunted that perticualr sport for ages, so they go the added mile to explain why and how they com to the conclusions they come to.. to build trust.

What im looking for, is not one thing.. im just looking for something. I see this an issue where D2M and his squad can do something to earn valuable trust in the eyes of the public and its a shame in my eyes he chooses to do nothing

And yes the horrible english is absolutly free. :)

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Dybdal

What i do find interresting in all of this is that D2M isnt willing to go the added mile, to earn the trust of the user base on etf2l, its been debated before like many people have said but what i dont understand is the “why”.. why is it that you have the “no evidence” policy? what does that accomplish for etf2l other than breed mistrust?

Nothing to do with me there skippy. There are 3 Head Admins in the league, and the rule has been here before all three of us joined the Admin team. The league has always operated a no evidence policy. The people who actually understand the concept and realise why giving people who have zero experience in spotting a cheat, a demo is one of the most retarded things we could actually do in this league (bar playing engineer only for the rest of the season), have already actually posted and made this clear in the thread.

I have no need to comment further on the matter. I trust our Anti-Cheat team, if you don’t trust them – don’t play.

Rebjorn

Quoted from d2m

[…]blablabla

I agree 3 – 0 to D2M

Dybdal

clone

Quoted from d2m

[…]

Nothing to do with me there skippy. There are 3 Head Admins in the league, and the rule has been here before all three of us joined the Admin team. The league has always operated a no evidence policy. The people who actually understand the concept and realise why giving people who have zero experience in spotting a cheat, a demo is one of the most retarded things we could actually do in this league (bar playing engineer only for the rest of the season), have already actually posted and made this clear in the thread.

I have no need to comment further on the matter. I trust our Anti-Cheat team, if you don’t trust them – don’t play.

Well you made your point clear and it just re-affirms that the direction your taking the league in, isnt something i want to perticipate in… skippy.

üs!

etf2l wouldn’t be even able to develop anticheat system. this is not connected with level of local developers. etf2l is just not so commercial organization as esl.

btw, it is a good idea to improve vac using contacts with valve
sorry for grammar, english is not native for me

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Dybdal

[…]

Well you made your point clear and it just re-affirms that the direction your taking the league in, isnt something i want to perticipate in… skippy.

Yes…the direction I’m taking the league in. Good one! :D The rule existed before I was present here, I haven’t changed that. After seeing the rant from your team to Kop about ETF2L a few weeks ago, I’m extremely happy that you aren’t here. It means teams worthy of a place can actually play and enjoy the league.

Now, stop taking a thread that is talking about the way the AC System works and using it as your personal thread to have a little rant at me. Many thanks!

quad

Quoted from d2m

[…]

Well, how the hell would you feel if you got judged wrong, MARKED as the lowest of everything in gaming. And there is nothing you can do about it, because they care..

This is my case!! Look, I have NEVER played a single etf2l game, and only played 1 match in wireplay, and now all the sudden, just before season start, I get banned.. for nothing, because Im too good for my devision(or someshit) And I can never clean my name without the public getting it shown.. but you dont care, this is tearing this leauge APART! People getting banned wrongly.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from quad

[…]

Well, how the hell would you feel if you got judged wrong, MARKED as the lowest of everything in gaming. And there is nothing you can do about it, because they care..

This is my case!! Look, I have NEVER played a single etf2l game, and only played 1 match in wireplay, and now all the sudden, just before season start, I get banned.. for nothing, because Im too good for my devision(or someshit) And I can never clean my name without the public getting it shown.. but you dont care, this is tearing this leauge APART! People getting banned wrongly.

Yeah, the Anti-Cheat team ran a random picker that chose a player it considered to be rated too high for his division and then decided to ban him because they flipped a coin. To be fair it was best of three, so you had a chance. Please don’t be ridiculous. No-one picked you out in any sort of vendetta. Personally I didn’t even know who you were, nor would many of the admins unless they’re playing Div5-6 TF2.

I really haven’t got a lot more to add to this. The same protests come up every time a player is banned. In the history of ETF2L, you can count on the fingers of one hand the number of players who have admitted to cheating when they were actually banned.

Finally, it’s not that I don’t care. If I felt you were banned unfairly, I’d be on your side and helping you fight your case.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 14 Next »