Forum

Anti-Cheat system

Created 9th February 2010 @ 00:34

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 14 Next »

Akasazh

THG
HL

To create and maintain a perfect anticheatsystem you’d have to have more monies&manpower then the guys making the hacks at all times. Unwinnable battle.

Better to have people who are dedicated to spot hackers and keep up with new developements who make fair and balanced decisions on who’s using them.

I know it can lead to rather kafkian circumstances but thems the leagues rules, don’t like it start yr own tbh.

infussle

http://www.nouvelordremondial.cc/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Lzrd

Lutunen
OS!

Quoted from Blade

(summarized for readability)
humans are stupid retards and can’t be trusted

You’re human, therefore nothing you said can be trusted. Also you’re a retarded idiot.

:)

quad

Quoted from d2m

[…]

Yeah, the Anti-Cheat team ran a random picker that chose a player it considered to be rated too high for his division and then decided to ban him because they flipped a coin. To be fair it was best of three, so you had a chance. Please don’t be ridiculous. No-one picked you out in any sort of vendetta. Personally I didn’t even know who you were, nor would many of the admins unless they’re playing Div5-6 TF2.

I really haven’t got a lot more to add to this. The same protests come up every time a player is banned. In the history of ETF2L, you can count on the fingers of one hand the number of players who have admitted to cheating when they were actually banned.

Finally, it’s not that I don’t care. If I felt you were banned unfairly, I’d be on your side and helping you fight your case.

I know my unguilt! but have you even seen the demo of whatever? Theres like alot more scouts that are better than me, and if I get banned for killing people with my very own hand, because AC admins cant seem to see the difference of aimbot, and skilled/lucky meatshots, then whats the point in playing? Shall I perform more poor than I actually am when Im playing in lower devisions? How in any case can I show my unguilt, when you wont and just shit on what I say?!

I have been banned for no reason, and I want the public to see what the AC admins saw of me. How can that be much of a request? Since you basicly you guys stopped my competitive tf2 career before it even started.

ups

Just a small question – do the AC admins ever reconsider?

I’d imagine a group of people searching for cheaters would make a mistake sooner or later (since they work with something that is really hard to spot). And I don’t really think that AC admins would acknowledge this fact (“Sorry mate, you were banned for shits and giggles.No hard feelings,eh?“), because then the effectiveness of the no-evidence-policy would be even more questionable.

I understand that AC admins go through the peace of evidence thoroughly before they decide to ban a player. But that doesn’t mean that they didn’t make any mistakes/won’t make them in the future – the possibility still exists (it’s only human to make mistakes).

Sirrus

I’m saying this as calmly as I can and attempting to reflect on what is currently happening as I see it.

Having read through what D2M has had to say carefully. I will say that he is right about vendeta against clans is a load of crap. The problem I have is with the current AC-System and I’m going to repeat myself again. The simple problem is that the AC-admins can ban with impunity without the ability of anyone to question or defend themselves. This seems to be because it is easier to condem without discussion or defense. Then it is to even ask for more complete demos its quicker 3 mins 5 people 15 mins time, 5 yes’s a years ban jobs done thank god we got rid of that hacker.

It causes distrust we played a couple of pcw’s tonight with quad. A member of this forum who will remain nameless started changing his name, to things that were meant to offend. Quad was playing sniper, he played alright but wasn’t killing much after the first couple of rounds however the opposition still bated and goaded him whilst merrily flicking around and headshotting people.

I think where the system is failing is simply that there is no recourse you are judged and punished without knowledge. I think that any demos in relation to hacking should be taken from pcw’s or officals. Rather than a nameless players on publics reporting you cos they can’t seem to kill you.

In conclusion: The process is too secretive you dont need to release the evidence publicily just to the people who are directly effects i.e. the player and the cl if requested. But to say the rule was there before me sounds like an excuse to do nothing. Your the head admin you can change the rule. The AC guys would get alot more respect as would the admins if they were willing to listen to reason or to take into account other evidence put in an appeal process don’t just hand down judgement and put you fingers in your ears singing la la la I can’t hear you. When asked direct questions you get one line answers and then your just ignore cos there judgement is above all others.

Blade

Quoted from ups

Just a small question – do the AC admins ever reconsider?

I’d imagine a group of people searching for cheaters would make a mistake sooner or later (since they work with something that is really hard to spot). And I don’t really think that AC admins would acknowledge this fact (“Sorry mate, you were banned for shits and giggles.No hard feelings,eh?“), because then the effectiveness of the no-evidence-policy would be even more questionable.

I understand that AC admins go through the peace of evidence thoroughly before they decide to ban a player. But that doesn’t mean that they didn’t make any mistakes/won’t make them in the future – the possibility still exists (it’s only human to make mistakes).

Thats what i’m saying.

Bobo

Poo

“we dont release evidence as it means that hackers can see what they did wrong and then make adjustments for when they next hack”

What a load of cobblers. This is far from sufficient justification as to the current rules on banning a “cheater”. D2M made the amusing comment about flipping a coin when relating to how crude the banning process is perceived by some people. I’m sorry but, this is social perception the AC team have brought upon themselves with their esoteric decision making process. It is within the league’s hands to remedy this, so they can hardly have any complaints if people think of it as some sort of mickey mouse trial of players in absentia.

skanzZ

[8U]
LEMon

I’m sure they would reconsider if new evidence came to light (i.e. was at big lan when demo taken), but what is the point reconsidering if there is no new evidence? That just suggests they didnt put enough effort in the first time. Its also human nature to make the same decision a 2nd time if they are presented with the same evidence. Its like looking over a maths problem where you got the wrong answer and not being able to see the mistake.

You would need a 2nd team to reconsidere and that requires more man power. (You may then also face the problem that the 2nd team isnt as good as the first.)

Skyride

DUCS

So then, if the AC Team shouldn’t have the ability to ban people, who should? D2M? your ISP? Where does it end? The AC admins are the experts so leave it to them.

iQue

keso

Quoted from ups

I doubt the AC team would ever ban anyone on so loose grounds that they would ever “regret it” without having new evidence presented. They’re not idiots banning people because they’re at home bored in their mothers basement.

Niggles

Quoted from Bobo

“we dont release evidence as it means that hackers can see what they did wrong and then make adjustments for when they next hack”

What a load of cobblers. This is far from sufficient justification as to the current rules on banning a “cheater”. D2M made the amusing comment about flipping a coin when relating to how crude the banning process is perceived by some people. I’m sorry but, this is social perception the AC team have brought upon themselves with their esoteric decision making process. It is within the league’s hands to remedy this, so they can hardly have any complaints if people think of it as some sort of mickey mouse trial of players in absentia.

Seriously, is that the synopsis of your argument? “I think it is this, so it must be this, if it is not this, prove me wrong!” That’s the stupidest thing I have ever seen written under the pretext of a serious debate. Obviously, the AC team does not work by flipping a coin, obviously they have their own methods and due process. Why obviously? BECAUSE THEY HAVE CAUGHT CHEATERS WHO ADMITTED IT LATER. The AC team must do a decent job, because the league is not flooded with cheaters who ruin every single game. If you don’t feel their process is right, without even yourself knowing what it is, you’re a moron.

Bobo

Poo

Moron eh? Hardly Dickensian is it Niggles? I expected something with a bit more sting.

You never fail to disappoint.

phy-

Quoted from Skyride

So then, if the AC Team shouldn’t have the ability to ban people, who should? D2M? your ISP? Where does it end? The AC admins are the experts so leave it to them.

Experts? skyride?? experts?? I lol’d.

GangsterAlgot

Can’t we all just love each other? I mean really, stop this and give the person next to you a hug! If there isn’t one, give the next one you meet a loving hug.

I’m done with my hug now, how about you?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 14 Next »