Forum

Anti-Cheat system

Created 9th February 2010 @ 00:34

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 14 Next »

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Quoted from Rake

And yes, obviously division 1 players hitting that amazing shot n times in a row is less suspicious than a lower division player hitting the same shot n times in a row.

lol’d

Sirrus

Ok then show the evidence to me with permission of the player if the in accordance with European Data Protection Legislation if required. Explain to me how they came to the conclusion because its an obvious flaw in the recruiting policy of my clan if we are letting cheats in.

Until I see conclusive evidence then I’m not going to take any action against what I see as an innocent player, based on the say so of faceless AC admins.

Black_Bob

[DA]

Clan leaders are just as likley to cheat as there members so theres no point in the anti cheat team showing clan leaders since at the of the day it will be used in one or more cheats favour.

Clan Leader = Player
Clan Member = Player

Both can cheat.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Accept it. Its just so much fun for AC Admins to ban innocent people, kinda free-time problem.

Of course you will be the first that will receive the evidences of a ban and of course you are the exception itself.

wai

TEZC
TEZC

tbh i reckon is some1 is banned for say 1year after 8-10months something should be released xD

Quoted from Sirrus

Ok then show the evidence to me with permission of the player if the in accordance with European Data Protection Legislation if required. Explain to me how they came to the conclusion because its an obvious flaw in the recruiting policy of my clan if we are letting cheats in.

Until I see conclusive evidence then I’m not going to take any action against what I see as an innocent player, based on the say so of faceless AC admins.

You’re just admitting here you won’t accept the ban unless you see the hack. You admitted you lack the expertise to be an AC admin. That means you won’t see the hack, which means you won’t accept the ban. If you don’t trust the experts, and lack the expertise to see it yourself, you’ll never accept the ban.

Slick

Epsilon

Correct me if I’m wrong, but imo what lacks is a clear procedure of exactly how a player is determined a cheater? I suppose that EVERY single AC admin needs to agree on the demo, as soon as one refuses or neglects to observe the demo, that ban is put on “hold”.

I just think people are out in the dark on this matter, and just need to be reassured on who decided, how, and so forth.

Releasing a demo of the cheat is as mentioned previously, useless, as any person who is ignorant and untrained to watch out for these cheats will just be out even more for blood :)

In conclusion.
These admins listed below, if they decided that a player cheated, and all five of them confirm that they watched the demo, they saw the cheat, would you continue to say “he didn’t cheat” ? If so…well your fucked. You don’t trust your league, your etf2l admins etc.
You can argue that maybe more Anti Cheat Admins would rule out the margin of a possible error since they all need to agree… but 5..should be enough? ;)

Anti Cheat Admins

* AnAkIn
* baerbel
* chocolatE
* Iller
* jonni

Sirrus

What I am saying is that I have a wish to learn and as a responsible CL what I should be looking for, I’m asking to see the evidence so that and how they drew to there conclusion because I’m believe my player. Now if the proof is there and in disputable then I look foolish I accept my mistake and move on.

I’ve even prepared if they have some prime clips of people cheating minus names etc to make a frag movie showing people what to look for in relation to hacks. As is I find it difficult to accept that anti cheat admins can look at a 3 mins piece of public demo and say that persons hacking based on that.

Slick

Epsilon

Look at the situation differently Jaratekid, you know it won’t happen yet you continually insist on something that is merely blocking both parties involved.

Anyhows good luck.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

If admins show what they look for a cheater can avoid those situations.

Sirrus

What I’m saying is show me the evidence then. Just me no-one else, expain to me personally no-one else exactly what to look for so that I can improve my judgement. As a CS leader I would throw people out on suspicion of hacking driving the DCL nuts but it was fairly easy to spot and I had the evidence. As is I have loads of evidence saying he isn’t and the AC’s have 1 piece of evidence that he has. So show me just me and explain the decision instead of just blindly banning people and saying that its because of proof that there doesn’t appear to be any evidence of policy.

Sclampf

jkid your sentences are pretty repetitive, did you notice that?

infussle

america didnt really land on the moon

blw

element //

Quoted from Haunter

the system is pretty ridiculous atm, no matter how much reasons u can give to hide the evidence, nothing can beat the fact that if u ban one guy that doesnt cheat you are destroying his TF2 carreer and there’s no words to describe what that means.

and about that previous quote of a guy only needing to cheat in 1 game to be banned, unless its a blatently cheat, u cant catch a guy with one game.

I dont want to the AC team to stop working, but I’m remembering ressuply’s survey with 51% of div1 players thinking that ETF2L already banned players that didnt cheat, this said, in my opinion the system should be changed to make it trustable

Quite true. I fully agree with Haunter
btw +1 for anti-cheat system

toasty.

PHX

Ground hog day was last tuesday…. :D

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 14 Next »