Forum

Gunboats banned??? Good flying never killed anyone!

Created 8th February 2010 @ 04:33

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Quoted from Ino

Ofc they should be banned as long as you can only get them by a random drop!

Fucking shit, I want them too!!!

IDLE :)

Quoted from Randdalf

[…]

Did you do it before or after Valve made it so weapons included in the crafting wouldn’t be created by the crafting?

I think that only goes for hat + hat crafting.

Ino

dp.
dp.

Quoted from Randdalf

[…]

Did you do it before or after Valve made it so weapons included in the crafting wouldn’t be created by the crafting?

after, the last time was 2 weeks ago or so

miikka

[MIPC]
[MIPC]

Quoted from Randdalf

Personally, I don’t really see the reason why they are banned, the unlocks are not intended to, and for all intents and purposes don’t, give an advantage to one team.

Kind of pointless sentence when it has already been stated that they give a huge advantage in the mid battles in granary for example. After winning middle you can stall until your boats soldier switches to shotgun if you really want to play it safe…

If by some miracle Valve makes them available by achievements it’s a good unlock though (imo).

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

Nice jump :D

pindab0ter

wai?
CWoT

The contesting mid on gran story is a good one, but you have to realise that he doesn’t have a shotty, which is an incredibly hit on his offensive strength.

The gunboats are in that sense no different than other unlocks. You don’t play against kritz the way you play against reg. uber and go “wtf we got raeped then”. You adapt. In that sense I agree with Danger, as well as with the people that say that not everyone has them.

Everyone should be able to get them fairly easily, they should at least be able to get them if they want them. But banning them so just before the season starts is really poor taste imo. We quite built our team regarding the fact that Danger is always shotgunless and all over the place… time to review the lot of it. Weeks of work gone to waste?

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

The banning of the gunboats because of the random nature of their acquisition was discussed and agreed on shortly after the soldier/demo patch was released. I think we did mention this a few times on the forum, but it was never explicitly spelt out in a news post and for that I apologise.

We will certainly review it next season when hopefully we will either have a guaranteed way to craft them, the trading system, or that simply enough people will have them that it will not be an issue for the majority of teams.

Well you can craft them, just because it’s a 50-50 chance they shouldn’t be banned- I crafted them first try, don’t even use them. Whatever.

Ino

dp.
dp.

As I said before, I tried crafting them twice, didn’t work. Now I don’t have anything to craft them from left. Bad luck, eh?

And I’m not going to waste electricity on idling, that’s just not worth it, I have to pay the bills myself, you know ;)

Im so happy they got banned, do you have any idea how fast the solly rollout can be with those things?!

Misaka42

In my personal opinon.
Valve made them. Not you. They know better about they way you obtain them.
No, seriously…

agree keep them banned till i have them :(

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Topic is gonna go round in circles looking at last few replies.

See the admin post above for the reasoning behind the ban. Should things change and they become an achievement item, we can revisit this topic in the future.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2