Forum

Promotion format

Created 31st May 2009 @ 18:58

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Mads.

why dont you do it like 1st place promoted 2nd place promoted 3rd place in playoff vs 7th in division above
or something

Oggy

I’m gonna put it out there might sound a bit crazy and wacky but how about we leave it how it is! *shock*

It also means that a team that did really well in the early stages of the season and then lost all their players, won’t get promoted into a division they are not ready for.

However, it also means that if a team doesn’t do so well to start with and gets better players at the END of the season and are in time enough to get the 4th place, they’ll get to the next division without much work done throughout the whole season. (which would, in effect, probably cause some rage in that particular division)

d0llar

+1
In addition I think 1st and 2nd places should have advantages over 3rd and 4th place because after all they probably the most stable teams out there, and we don’t wanna see any unnecessary folding events, and if the level differences are too big, the 2nd-4th will have to give a bit more to prove they’re worthy enough for the next division.
That’s one of the reason why I’m glad fakkelbridge got to div1 and not plan-b.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

+1
In addition I think 1st and 2nd places should have advantages over 3rd and 4th place

They do have an advantage. If the chance of winning a game is 50-50

4th place has a 12.5% chance of promotion.
3rd place has a 12.5% chance (+ decider map choice) of promotion.
2nd place has a 25% chance of promotion.
1st place has a 50% chance of promotion.

*Could even allow 2nd place to have map choice over the 2nd vs (winner of 3rd vs 4th) if you wanted to give them a bigger advantage, and then the same for 1st vs (winner of 2nd vs….)

However, it also means that if a team doesn’t do so well to start with and gets better players at the END of the season and are in time enough to get the 4th place, they’ll get to the next division without much work done throughout the whole season. (which would, in effect, probably cause some rage in that particular division)

Pretty much yes, but I think it would improve the league because the following season you would have a promoted team that can compete in the division above, not a team that could compete in the division above… 3 months ago, but then lost their good players just before the next season.

I’m gonna put it out there might sound a bit crazy and wacky but how about we leave it how it is! *shock*

It’s a suggestion dude. I don’t see any problems with the current system, just looking to improve it, which I feel this would do.

This format also gives an extra level to the league, rather than yay.. someone won the season, who cares. It would add a ‘ZomG Super playoff week!!’ where these top teams seeking coverage for their sponsors get to show them off and lower teams playing for fun can get some decent coverage of their games (I would quite happily cast the playoff games (only the final one) for each division, leading up to covering the final game of division 1).

You can also get a load of articles published on sites like cadred, gossip, gotfrag.

‘ETF2L Playoff week, starting Monday 5th, tune in to watch the epic battles of teams fighting for promotion, and the ETF2L crown, this week only blah blah’

Might get more sponsors interested in ETF2L which means either a better service from the league, or maybe better prizes for division 1 or other divisions. Who knows.

zar

+1

bun

+1

mineral

[kpwr]

I like the promotion system the way it is. I agree that teams who might not be able to handle a higher division get promoted all the time, although a league works in a way that the team that is able to scratch together the most points by the end of the season are the deserved champions, no matter how poorly they performed at the beginning/end of the season.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2