Forum

"Some week 3 fixtures were wrong"

Created 15th February 2015 @ 11:11

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

schocky

ist doof

Hey. Wondering how many teams were affected. Would be nice if you could write dow your teamname here.

Cu :)

ash

(Legend)
:D

all of them!!

(may contain trace amounts of sarcasm)

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Well, we ended up with a default date on a day outside our availability. GGWP.

ash

(Legend)

To explain what happened: Each week’s fixtures are generated based on the scores on the table. The table only takes matches into account, that have been either verified by both teams or an admin.

Because far too many teams are too lazy to verify their match results on their own, and we, as per our rules and guidelines, have to wait 72h hours to finish up on unverified matches (is gonna be 48h now); we’re forced to verify thursday’s and potentially wednesday matches last minute.

We however got caught up in the automated process that is default date generation, which happens at midnight sharp, no questions asked. Because we weren’t done at that point, a bunch of matches wasnt represented in the tables yet. We re-ran the fixture generation (fixtures and def dates are processed simultaneously) to represent the current table more accurately.

I’d like to apologize for any inconveniences we might have caused.

ash

(Legend)

Quoted from Shabbaman

Well, we ended up with a default date on a day outside our availability. GGWP.

That’s what you get for only being available a single day. (Your opponents are only available on one day too).

schocky

ist doof

<- time-availabilty fail for us NOW.

schocky

ist doof

Neutronatorship has won 2 matches as well but you still changend our opponent. Why?

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from ash

[…]

That’s what you get for only being available a single day. (Your opponents are only available on one day too).

So we get to conform to the availability of the most unsportsmanlike team of the league? You’re telling me there’s no one who can play a match on wednesday? For the record: on saturday night I received a match challenge that did fit within our availability.

ash

(Legend)

Team’s availabilities are currently 100% secondary. Fixtures are generated based on tables.

skyro

#SaveMelee

Quoted from schocky

Neutronatorship has won 2 matches as well but you still changend our opponent. Why?

We were put in Neutronatorship’s place because our fixture was incorrect, although there were also other teams at the top of the table that had such fixtures, so I do not know why we weren’t matched up to them instead.

I could also be going full retard and we were the only team with a faulty fixture.

ducky

Quoted from schocky

<- time-availabilty fail for us NOW.

A compromise had to be made, after all your time window begins at 20:45 CET and dude nice’s time window ends at 20:00 CET.
Adding to that you have a total of 15 mins after the match was scheduled to start to be ready and play it, don’t tell me that having to play 8 mins earlier is going to majorly affect you in any way.

Besides, you can always ask your opponents to reschedule :D

Quoted from Shabbaman

[…]

So we get to conform to the availability of the most unsportsmanlike team of the league? You’re telling me there’s no one who can play a match on wednesday? For the record: on saturday night I received a match challenge that did fit within our availability.

First off the “reputation” of a team has nothing to do with how the default date is decided, you could be playing adolf hitlers 6v6 nazi death squad and the rules would still be the same:

The more days you provide the higher the chance that one of these days is chosen as a default date.
If both teams provide 3 available playing days one of them will overlap (since there’s 5 match days per week).
If, like in your case, both teams only provide 1 day , and if that day doesn’t happen to overlap, then we’re setting the match to a random day of the week that ISN’T one of the days that the two teams have provided in order to keep it fair.

TL;DR:
If you don’t like getting suboptimal default dates go ahead and extend your availability from now on.

firej

Quoted from ducky

[…]

adolf hitlers 6v6 nazi death squad

potentially new prem team????

b0nes

[DA]
[DA]

well i told ppl they didnt need to be here tonight when the fixture was made at midnight, and now our games been moved with 12 hours notice to tonight, mistake after mistake with how the seasons run

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from ash

Team’s availabilities are currently 100% secondary. Fixtures are generated based on tables.

In that case, skip the availability crap and let me schedule my own matches. I’ve never had to put up with wrong default dates under the old system. If it doesn’t work, don’t use it.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

wow ash sort your shit

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »