Forum

etf2l mini-events

Created 17th November 2014 @ 18:44

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

why did etf2l stopped with the mge cups, ultiduo cups, bball cups, map tournament? sure, we still have the one night cups, but that is just for the admin and prem guys to test the map to see if its good enough to enter on 6v6 competitive or HL competitive.

any thoughts?

ash

(Legend)
:D

As per usual, effort.

You severely underestimate the amount of time any kind of cup involves.

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

not enough dedicated admins, cups are actually a lot of effort

ninja’d

Last edited by MARS^,

i know its hard by experience, but still they don’t need to do all the work by themselves i guess. they can build a higher hierarchy and put the “younger admins” to work for them.

and they don’t need to do one night cups, they can take one week or two

Morgus

Quoted from Fisherman Mamadu

i know its hard by experience, but still they don’t need to do all the work by themselves i guess. they can build a higher hierarchy and put the “younger admins” to work for them.

where dem junger admins at?

Collaide

Can I be admin please

CHERRY

Quoted from Collaide

Can I be admin please

Send an email to [email protected] with the following information:

Name
ETF2L profile link
Country of residence
Special skills or contacts that may help the league (optional)
Tasks you would like to perform as a League Admin
Available free time: how often would you be able to design and run cups? What other commitments may affect your availability?

san alex

the one night cups that is just for the admin and prem guys

I think we have an olurist v2 here. ^^

“This cups have only very good team.”

Last edited by san alex,

ducky

First off,it’s kind of pointless to do cups mid-season.
People are still competing in S19 (don’t forget about the various playoffs for the teams placing first in their group), S7 has just started.

That’s why the only reasonable option is to host cups during the off-season,when nobody is competing elsewhere (ignoring participation in other leagues ofc).

Secondly,as already mentioned, it really is a lot of effort.
There’s no magic button that initiates a cup. Everything has to be done manually.

Writing several newsposts,constructing a custom ruleset for that specific cup, creating and editing the competition to suit our purposes,pooling and assigning teams to similarly skilled groups,generating fixtures for every group (and later those groups’ finals),overseeing the cup (which includes but is not limited to support on IRC,providing servers for matches,handling match conflicts ASAP,defaulting/nullifying/coinflipping unplayed and/or unsubmitted matches etc.) and distributing prizes afterwards are amongst the things that we have to do.

It requires a lot of planning and communication within the staff.
Who’s doing what? Are enough admins available and willing to help during the cup?

Generally the longer a cup goes the more effort it takes,which is why TAAHD-cups are more common than longer projects.

The reason why it appears as though ETF2L didn’t host “mini-events” in a long time is such a long project: The HLO. One of the,if not the, longest cup in ETF2L history.

It left no room for other events during the off-season,outside of the logjam cup that we managed to squeeze in before S19 hit the deck.

Not to mention that any attempts at getting feedback from the community for ideas on how to host a cup are vastly ignored.

Just look at this for example: http://etf2l.org/forum/feedback/topic-28794/

~150 votes on an official poll in a league where we have around 3000 active users really begs the question: Do people even care?

The funny thing is that if it wasn’t for medical/availability problems on the part of our staff we would’ve still hosted that cup

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

they can build a higher hierarchy and put the “younger admins” to work for them.

sideshow was my young admin, shame he was too useless even for that RIP

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]
Send an email to [email protected] with the following information:

Name
ETF2L profile link
Country of residence
Special skills or contacts that may help the league (optional)
Tasks you would like to perform as a League Admin
Available free time: how often would you be able to design and run cups? What other commitments may affect your availability?

please make an announcement sometime along the lines of

“Hey, do you love the MGE cups and one day cups we sometimes host? Well so do we, sadly we don’t have the manpower to organize them anymore so we’re looking for healthy volunteers that don’t mind helping out!

Don’t worry, we will explain to you everything as to how organizing and running a cup works. We need you to make this happen?

please send applications to xxxx”

cause these “well duh just send admin request and maybe somehow we can do a cup 20 years from now” arent havign the desired effect

@ducky obviouslty participation in polls in topics within subforums on a part of the site that most people use arent going to attract a big crowd. people do want to play cups though!

Last edited by quell,

Meeto

Quoted from san alex

[…]

I think we have an olurist v2 here. ^^

“This cups have only very good team.”

Eh? What about that sentence doesn’t make sense?

san alex

Quoted from Meeto

[…]

Eh? What about that sentence doesn’t make sense?

I was pointing the fact that he believes that the one night cups are only for admins and Prem Players to test stuff. That is not true at all if you look at the past cups. Take “Blast from the Past – One Night Cup” as an example.

Meeto

Quoted from san alex

[…]

I was pointing the fact that he believes that the one night cups are only for admins and Prem Players to test stuff. That is not true at all if you look at the past cups. Take “Blast from the Past – One Night Cup” as an example.

Yeah, I get that, but why does that make him the new olurist?

CHERRY

Quoted from quell

[…]

please make an announcement sometime along the lines of

“Hey, do you love the MGE cups and one day cups we sometimes host? Well so do we, sadly we don’t have the manpower to organize them anymore so we’re looking for healthy volunteers that don’t mind helping out!

Don’t worry, we will explain to you everything as to how organizing and running a cup works. We need you to make this happen?

please send applications to xxxx”

cause these “well duh just send admin request and maybe somehow we can do a cup 20 years from now” arent havign the desired effect

@ducky obviouslty participation in polls in topics within subforums on a part of the site that most people use arent going to attract a big crowd. people do want to play cups though!

I don’t do that stuff neither newsposts nor recruitment, I was just giving him the address. Though I see recruotment newsposts sometimes :P

Last edited by CHERRY,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »