Created 16th April 2012 @ 15:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

wrock

vier

So someone is working on it? I could help with coding / setting up

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Why do you need to get STEAMIDs to set up a Server that going to be empty 24/7 after a week or something?

Could just make it public first week and then put a password on it.

wrock

vier

Quoted from slate

Why do you need to get STEAMIDs to set up a Server that going to be empty 24/7 after a week or something?

Could just make it public first week and then put a password on it.

Why should it be empty?

IronHawk

F!
moog

They just want to fool around with the steamid plugins instead of just making etf2l pub

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

well prove me wrong, but I don’t see it working.

-10v10
-comp maps
-limited Userbase

In addition to that imho comp players are not the best pub audience. over9000 Snipers, no medics unless it’s two friends kritzing all the time.

w/e, go ahead do it, but personally I don’t think it will remain populated.

wrock

vier

Quoted from slate

well prove me wrong, but I don’t see it working.

-10v10
-comp maps
-limited Userbase

In addition to that imho comp players are not the best pub audience. over9000 Snipers, no medics unless it’s two friends kritzing all the time.

w/e, go ahead do it, but personally I don’t think it will remain populated.

first…why only com maps?!?
no medics? like on all public server

why not the best pub audiece? pub is similar to hl(kind of) and there are still a lot people who play on pups, so why not on one where palyer have a higher lvl of skill?

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

The last time somebody tried this, the server died for a very simple reason.

At the beginning of every day, any server is empty. Someone has to join the server, goof around and wait for the server to get 12+ people, at which point you can play a normal pub. Server starters often have to wait for 30+ minutes, sometimes an hour or longer while the server fills up.

While many pubbers are okay with this, most comp players would consider the time better spent playing MGE, DM, lobby or joining a 24/7 bot server and play something resembling a proper pub game. So nobody wants to join an empty server and it ends up staying that way forever.

Last edited by emb,

Fishy

The last one was filling up every day for maybe 3/4 months? At least. Then it changed ip, and very few people knew about it, definately not enough to populate it.

CHERRY

How about a pub mixing pub and comp players together? Have 24 slots (4 of them reserved for ETF2L players), 2 classlimit for most classes, highlander unlocks, comp players helping new ones and ETF2L advertisements on chat? I have no idea if it could get popular but it may be worth a try and depending on what you say may try it.

Hergan

Quoted from CHERRY

How about a pub mixing pub and comp players together? Have 24 slots (4 of them reserved for ETF2L players), 2 classlimit for most classes, highlander unlocks, comp players helping new ones and ETF2L advertisements on chat? I have no idea if it could get popular but it may be worth a try and depending on what you say may try it.

Bumping a 3 year old thread, really CHERRY?

BeS

ceo

an etf2l pub server could be a really nice idea :3

CHERRY

Quoted from Hergan

[…]

Bumping a 3 year old thread, really CHERRY?

With a revelant post, yeah. It’s not like I’m trying to answer a question someone asked that long ago..

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

i would play atleast once a week on that

Selek

Dr. med.

No random crits and you can count me in :)

The main problem would be to have players play in it without being able to rely on Quickplay, I guess.

LaMqTa

fenneks

+1 good idea, someone should make it

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »