Forum

DeutschLAN 2015: Main Thread

Created 17th January 2015 @ 20:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 57 Next »

Quoted from Atzebumm

Is upload still 1Mb/s? 1 Person downloading some shit will make everyone play with high ping?

Are the Local Game Servers? What’s the plan?

Those pictures were really old, the infrastructure has been updated to… I THINK it was 2x 25Mbit lines. We’ve made plans to set up a backup network just in case.

Servers will be arranged later on

CHERRY

Quoted from kaptain

[…]

are people supposed to tell 1 player in their team to fuck off and sleep in a tent? or how is this going to work

Tent on a roof seems great

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

@smzi: apparently I deleted your post or smth. That was unintentional, I wanted to quote but missclicked and didnt even Know what the heck was happening. had like 20 things in my mind that moment, sorry for that. Will give you a beer at LAN ;)

Asaaj

Oh boy only 2 hours by car for me :-3

huhystah

Quoted from Henghast

sounded cool, but im not wasting my time and money just for hl.

Come to InfoShow bby

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from DCS

@smzi: apparently I deleted your post or smth. That was unintentional, I wanted to quote but missclicked and didnt even Know what the heck was happening. had like 20 things in my mind that moment, sorry for that. Will give you a beer at LAN ;)

i must break you

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from dAGNER

[…]

Sleep in shifts?

kipinävahti 101

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Will there be acid?

Quoted from Admirable

Will there be acid?

It’s close to NL border

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

I really don’t see the need to call it a “Highlander LAN”. What is wrong with it just being a regular LAN that can offer both gamemodes? You’ll get more players that way and it’d be a bigger LAN. Just like i-series is not called a “6v6 LAN” and it gets highlander teams going.

I’m not trying to be part of a 6v6 circlejerk, but it really seems like it’s being labelled a highlander lan just to please the people who are always complaining about 6v6 having priority (rightly so – signups for 6v6 heavily outweigh highlander).

The only logical reason I can see is that you want Highlander to be the main focus in terms of prizes, but you did not mention anything about prizes yet.

Well done for putting the work and getting it started though, props.

feeling

ist doof

Highlander FailFish

dob

\V/ Gold
CGAY&BB

Quoted from smziii

rip dream

Solitude

tips on smuggling hardcore drugs please

sno

UbeR |
itsallgood

Quoted from Solitude

tips on smuggling hardcore drugs please

we can bring some stuff for you, what are you looking for?

foungi

0fo
0FO

Quoted from Permzilla

the capacities are limited, to about 160 players. even if we got the whole site for us, we’d max out at about 240, which is less than insomnia.
there are a few reasons for making it hl (this year):

1. there are quite a few 6s lans already, competing with those is unnecessary, it’d only split the community, since some players can only attend one or two lans.
2. it’s after all the big 6s lans, insomnia among them, so everybody has had their fill of 6s, and i don’t know whether we could get enough hype going. getting enough teams for a high level tournament in september is unprobable in my eyes.
3. because of the limited number of attenders, we are pretty sure it’ll fill up anyways. we’re trying to make the best use of the room we get though, and 9 players per house is more practical than 6 in terms of filling houses.
4. if enough players are interested in making a 6s tournament as well, we’ll obviously organize one. the prize pool for highlander will remain bigger though
5. if this becomes an annual event things might change.

why not try something new? if some people don’t want to come because it’s hl, we’re fine with it. if the lan doesn’t fullfill our expectations they’re right, if not nobody got hurt and some people had fun at a lan.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 57 Next »