Forum

WHO WILL TIERS

Created 22nd September 2015 @ 11:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 15 Next »

STOGE

TDP

Quoted from Frozy

[…]

Wait did they get placed in mid or something? Since they already have played a game in open this season, or do you mean that you think their skill level is above open??

Me, Hempus and wig played in Mid with Yeezus Fanclub the previous season, didn’t do to well then we changed our roster around and started winning a shit ton of scrims (some against teams people seem to think would’ve won mid).

Leading up to this season our roster kinda fell apart, so seeing as our previous results in mid aren’t too great, wig opted to play in open for a season until we can sort the roster out.

Meeto

Whether you love or hate them, I think we all need to get on our hands and knees and thank Anime is Bad for bringing much needed drama to a flaccid ‘WHO WILL TIERS’ thread.

biskuu

HF!
pizza

Quoted from STOGE

[…]

Me, Hempus and wig played in Mid with Yeezus Fanclub the previous season, didn’t do to well then we changed our roster around and started winning a shit ton of scrims (some against teams people seem to think would’ve won mid).

Leading up to this season our roster kinda fell apart, so seeing as our previous results in mid aren’t too great, wig opted to play in open for a season until we can sort the roster out.

S 2 3 B O Y S

Bren

Quoted from STOGE

[…]

sideshowChamp

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from sorsa

Wait, did everyone actually get to the tier they wanted?

That’s been the policy for two seasons now, except for Prem. Nobody actually needs screenshots. I think we’re seeing that teams aren’t always the best judge of their ability. Not just Anime Is Bad, there are a few teams in mid with no league experience.

RTC

I can’t remember if it was this season or the last one, but I remember a team with only one player having two games played in Div 6 being placed in Mid. I think a designated admin for each division would be fantastic, similar to the system that UGC uses in order to root out any sandbagging teams or teams way in over their head.

Last edited by RTC,

Meeto

I really miss divs :(

sorsa

mooz

Quoted from RTC

I can’t remember if it was this season or the last one, but I remember a team with only one player having two games played in Div 6 being placed in Mid. I think a designated admin for each division would be fantastic, similar to the system that UGC uses in order to root out any sandbagging teams or teams way in over their head.

Last season, and I believe they dropped after 2 games or so.

biskuu

HF!
pizza

Divs > Tiers
Let’s face it divs were more rewarding having the groups system and a low div 6 team didn’t have to face a div 5 team just because both teams lost their first official, its just how it is.
Other than that, we wouldn’t be seeing so many shit teams playing on Mid and even on High.
Its funny, ETF2L having such a system and even allowing Prem players to play on Open with no hesitation.

Remember how small this community used to be and we had 7 Divs (Including Prem), now we have 3 of them + Prem and there are so many teams (103 Open , 54 Mid, 30 High atm)

EDIT: And still haven’t updated the medal distribution for the swiss system WHERE ARE MY OPEN MEDALS?/??

Last edited by biskuu,

doks

Quoted from biskuu

Divs > Tiers
Let’s face it divs were more rewarding having the groups system and a low div 6 team didn’t have to face a div 5 team just because both teams lost their first official, its just how it is.
Other than that, we wouldn’t be seeing so many shit teams playing on Mid and even on High.
Its funny, ETF2L having such a system and even allowing Prem players to play on Open with no hesitation.

Remember how small this community used to be and we had 7 Divs (Including Prem), now we have 3 of them + Prem and there are so many teams (103 Open , 54 Mid, 30 High atm)

EDIT: And still haven’t updated the medal distribution for the swiss system WHERE ARE MY OPEN MEDALS?/??

So you have played exactly 1 game during the division system and you know it was better ?
Also how would there be less bad teams ? the total amount of good and bad teams stay the same.

The problem with divs system was the groups. There were some groups where winners wouldnt be able to get into another groups top3. How is that fair ?

Last edited by doks,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from biskuu

Divs > Tiers

1) Skill gap between Div 6/5 isn’t huge, from my experience teams that practise and take the game seriously with the right attitude progress more within 1 month. Whilst it may take years for team to go from Low Prem to Top Prem, you can go far quickly in this game at a lower level. I think the Tier system allows you to sort the weak from the strong come playoff time and rewards teams that actually give a shit. It has its flaws but compared to the old system, I can’t see it being anywhere near a downgrade.

There were always shit teams in Div 6/5/4/3/2/1/Prem (in comparison to the average skill level), I play in Division 1 with a team, I expect to come top 2, I play in Prem I expect to come bottom 2. Do the Prem players complain about us being there when we’ve earned our spot? Nope. The skill level is set by the best teams, up to the others to match it.

Finally how can the delay is medal distribution be remotely related to the change in Tier systems??? I would like to see how your brain processes this together.

Meeto

Div systems with playoffs to move up to the next div would have been fine tbh. But too much has been invested into the swiss system, so it’s probably here for good.

And I think his comment on the medals was more of a joke tbh.

Last edited by Meeto,

biskuu

HF!
pizza

Quoted from doks

[…]

So you have played exactly 1 game during the division system and you know it was better ?
Also how would there be less bad teams ? the total amount of good and bad teams stay the same.

The problem with divs system was the groups. There were some groups where winners wouldnt be able to get into another groups top3. How is that fair ?

I’ve played 2 matches but this has nothing to do with it, I can judge things by looking at their history.

Assuming Mid = Div 3-4, a top-Mid team (Div 3) that wins 6 of their officials because it was matched against low and average Mid teams (Div 4) makes it to Playoffs it pretty much has the right to go High.
In conclusion, a team that is clearly Div 3 (losing 2 matches against teams of similar skill) does well against teams worse than it then it can go up a Tier, how is that fair? A Div 3 team going High (Assume Div 1-2) because it did well against Div 4 teams.

Last edited by biskuu,

biskuu

HF!
pizza

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

1) Skill gap between Div 6/5 isn’t huge, from my experience teams that practise and take the game seriously with the right attitude progress more within 1 month. Whilst it may take years for team to go from Low Prem to Top Prem, you can go far quickly in this game at a lower level. I think the Tier system allows you to sort the weak from the strong come playoff time and rewards teams that actually give a shit. It has its flaws but compared to the old system, I can’t see it being anywhere near a downgrade.

There were always shit teams in Div 6/5/4/3/2/1/Prem (in comparison to the average skill level), I play in Division 1 with a team, I expect to come top 2, I play in Prem I expect to come bottom 2. Do the Prem players complain about us being there when we’ve earned our spot? Nope. The skill level is set by the best teams, up to the others to match it.

Finally how can the delay is medal distribution be remotely related to the change in Tier systems??? I would like to see how your brain processes this together.

I do not see you saying anything about admins allowing Prem and High players to play on Open, is that fair too?
Also, there are a ton of people with 2 Seasons in Open and another 2-3 Seasons in Div 6-5 which I’ve met and they are very keen on improving yet they played in lower divs, players can’t go “far” quickly at a lower level, I made it to Mid on my 4th Seasons (around 2 years(?)) which really isn’t considered quickly.
So before throwing your passive agressive jabs like a proper cunt about my shitty joke you could go ahead and take a look at the skill gaps between low-Open teams that are just starting out and top-Open teams with sandbaggers from Prem and High. Do you honestly believe that making 6 people that are starting out get smashed by top-Open teams is fair/fun?

Last edited by biskuu,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from biskuu

[…]

all these things happened equally as much with the old div system

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 15 Next »