Forum

HAPPENING THREAD - Valve introducing Comp matchmaking

Created 31st October 2014 @ 09:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Setlet

I think this has some potential. People can’t “main” a class anymore, because your class can get banned.

The only thing matters is that if it’s fun. But people aren’t forced to play a particular class and medic may not even be needed, so a pub player can easily join it.

I agree, on the wider scale, it can be a good thing. But it doesn’t adapt to the competitive community, the choice of maps and gamemode.

Let’s see where this goes, it can take many directions and it can only be a good thing for competitive TF2, just depends which type of competitive TF2 you want.

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

5v5? looks like hafficool is getting cut.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from fraac

[…]

They used the word ‘highlander’ so it might be both.

I hope it is. Looking at it objectively and with no bias what so ever, highlander is imo the most optimal form of competitive tf2 Valve could come up with. Remove all bans, whatever, but isn’t a gamemode with one of each mercs the most fitting? It has also been proven to work. I really think they are screwing up if they don’t do this tbh, it’s very straightforward and easy to understand for newcomers too

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

I hope it is. Looking at it objectively and with no bias what so ever, highlander is imo the most optimal form of competitive tf2 Valve could come up with. Remove all bans, whatever, but isn’t a gamemode with one of each mercs the most fitting? It has also been proven to work. I really think they are screwing up if they don’t do this tbh, it’s very straightforward and easy to understand for newcomers too

They should at the very least do this because it is the competitive form that more accurately represents what the game is all about and how it is actually played.

To ignore 6v6 however would also be a slap on the face considering how central it is to the entire competitive scene.

JoeTea

Where is the suggestion that it is anything other than Highlander? I might be missing something but as far as I can see, someone jokingly said something about Arena Respawn and everyone took it as fact.

I’m sure it’s me being blind but where was the updated leak re: Arena Respawn?

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from JoeTea

Where is the suggestion that it is anything other than Highlander? I might be missing something but as far as I can see, someone jokingly said something about Arena Respawn and everyone took it as fact.

I’m sure it’s me being blind but where was the updated leak re: Arena Respawn?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf3EZwWghxI

san alex

Haha competitive Highlander? I mean for real? In lans etc? Its hard to get 5 people to a lan sometimes imagine 9.

Its really cool to play online though. It Will never evolve into more than that, and no one would support something so expensive.

Last edited by san alex,

evokje

WiK?

I enjoyed arena 5v5 alot more than 6v6 it’s way more intense

Last edited by evokje,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

if valve actually listens to the idea of “arena respawn” praise the lord

h3x

bedgetf2

http://www.twitch.tv/dylooon/c/5413999

sorry shit quailty, bad internet :(

Buttnose

repost from tftv:
played 3 maps using the pick/ban system tonight, everyone seemed to enjoy it. i’d recommend bo3 as a standard way of playing this as it gets some hype going.

the plugin is uploaded to all servers on serveme.tf (thanks arie) and it is automatically enabled on supported maps for those with donator status when you have “Enable plugins” checked for your reservation.

heres a basic list of commands you need to get things started:

tf_arena_use_queue 1 //0 is arena pub mode, 1 is comp
tf_arena_override_cap_enable_time 20 //20secs no point cap at the start of rounds

mp_tournament //cycle between 0 and 1 to select teams and then ready up
mp_tournament_whitelist “” //disables whitelist

and some informative links to spam people who don’t know about the gamemode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf3EZwWghxI
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/arenarespawn
http://teamfortress.tv/thread/20882/arenarespawn-pug#bottom

Last edited by Buttnose,

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

where’s the proof it’s going to be 5v5 arena? I just saw cherry post it and everyone just went off.

juan

adios

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it will completely die in 2 weeks

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

where’s the proof it’s going to be 5v5 arena? I just saw cherry post it and everyone just went off.

there is no proof

people just like to try new stuff and believe in a future of tf2

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

5v5 looks somewhat entertaining, but it just seems a bit repetitive and I am really missing the transitions from point-to-point that we see in 6v6. Also, is momentum dead?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »