.Constantine

(ETF2L Tomator)
(ノಠOಠ)ノ

Goldrush pubs > everything else :^)

Silver Tosspot

(°)>

Quoted from sorsa

[…]
You never run away from mid? Oh boy. You probably die 25+ times a map.
Also please answer my other points if you still want talk about this terrible idea.

I never said anything about running away from mid, if you actually read my message you’ll see I typed “back to last”. Your other points are irrelevant besides from “camping on healthpacks”. 
I should just ask you what you think TDM is about before continuing, but assuming it’s about “simulating”  midfights then surely you can’t expect camping on healthpacks to be a good idea, you’d lose every time. Imo it’s about simulating teamfights, where you have both scouts and soldiers (and demos..?) trying to kill you, meaning doing twitchy MGE strafe movements as scout won’t be enough to dodge damage. Running away from mids means the only fights you’ll get will be 1v1, where you’ll get 50% of your max health back every now and then because you choose to sit on a health pack. These fights would no longer have what in my opinion is the core of TDM, which is the chaos of having both rockets and scattergun shots causing damage to you at the same time. You told me to go back to MGE, but shouldn’t those who camp on healthpacks be the ones who should be doing that instead?

sorsa

mooz

No healthpacks in mge afaik, and as i said earlier, how does removing healthpacks slow the game down when you can just grab one and go back to battle? It will take longer to wait for regen in a corner.

Edit: just noticed that you probably didn’t read my comment, and if you did, you really lack reading comprehension.

Last edited by sorsa,

Silver Tosspot

(°)>

It slows the game down because people avoid fights or run from them to sit and wait for a health pack to respawn when they could just die and instantly respawn to continue fighting.

.Constantine

(ETF2L Tomator)
(ノಠOಠ)ノ

Quoted from Silver Tosspot

It slows the game down because people avoid fights or run from them to sit and wait for a health pack to respawn when they could just die and instantly respawn to continue fighting.

What makes you think they will just rush in without healthpacks just to die? They won’t start neglecting their k:d just because you tell them to in some forum. They’ll run away nonetheless and wait for regen to kick in, which will take longer

Basically this
Quoted from sorsa

It will take longer to wait for regen in a corner.

Edit: just noticed that you probably didn’t read my comment, and if you did, you really lack reading comprehension.

Collaide

Quoted from .Constantine

[…]

What makes you think they will just rush in without healthpacks just to die? They won’t start neglecting their k:d just because you tell them to in some forum. They’ll run away nonetheless and wait for regen to kick in, which will take longer

Basically this
[…]

1. You mean like sollies and demos often can’t do? If a solly or demo goes in, gets a kill and is then att <100hp, they can easily be finished off by anyone without even being able to reach a health kit due to their slow speed, and the faster speed of scouts and 200hp gunboat soldiers.

2. Remove regen then. Why the fuck would you award people for not fighting in a gamemode all about fighting?

Last edited by Collaide,

sorsa

mooz

Fuck it, just remove healthpacks, regen and kill rewards because who the fuck needs health? Just have teamfights with the average health of 20. Innovation!!

smultron

(ETF2L Donator)
HKN!

maybe:
mp_waitingforplayers_cancel 1

LaMqTa

fenneks

– Updated SOAP
– Updated TFTrue
– Changed colour/tag plugin
– Disabled picking weapons

Quoted from smultron

maybe:
mp_waitingforplayers_cancel 1

I have this in the server.cfg, no idea why does not work :X If anyone can help feel free to write here.

LaMqTa

fenneks

Hello everybody! We have started a second TDM server, located in Germany, kindly provided by island55 (hosted by NFOServers.com). It’s identical to the #1 and you can reach it on this ip: steam://connect/TF2PickupTDM.game.nfoservers.com:27015

Jan

(League Admin)
|FV|

Quoted from LaMqTa

I have this in the server.cfg, no idea why does not work :X If anyone can help feel free to write here.

Correct command is:
mp_waitingforplayers_time 0

LaMqTa

fenneks

Quoted from Jan

[…]

Correct command is:
mp_waitingforplayers_time 0

There is no such command.

Jan

(League Admin)
|FV|

From developer wiki:
mp_waitingforplayers_time : 30 : , "sv", "launcher" : WaitingForPlayers time length in seconds

You have to put it in server.cfg as sm_cvar mp_waitingforplayers_time 0

Exectued on my server:
23:57:10 sm_cvar mp_waitingforplayers_time 0
23:57:10 L 11/04/2015 - 23:57:03: rcon from "192.168.1.103:33209": command "sm_cvar mp_waitingforplayers_time 0"
23:57:10 [SM] Changed cvar "mp_waitingforplayers_time" to "0".

LaMqTa

fenneks

Quoted from Jan

From developer wiki:
mp_waitingforplayers_time : 30 : , "sv", "launcher" : WaitingForPlayers time length in seconds

You have to put it in server.cfg as sm_cvar mp_waitingforplayers_time 0

Exectued on my server:
23:57:10 sm_cvar mp_waitingforplayers_time 0
23:57:10 L 11/04/2015 - 23:57:03: rcon from "192.168.1.103:33209": command "sm_cvar mp_waitingforplayers_time 0"
23:57:10 [SM] Changed cvar "mp_waitingforplayers_time" to "0".

Ha! Worked, yea! Thanks! :) Also increased the timelimit to 25.

Jan

(League Admin)
|FV|

Glad to help. I’m still not entirely sure why it is not listed as a command in game, but I’m assuming tag “launcher” has something to do with it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 23 Next »