Forum

Hacking, or new bug allowing snipers to see fully cloaked spies.

Created 22nd July 2014 @ 19:57

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Quoted from firej

[…]
thats exactly my question
everyone can see there is a bug where you can see a spy uncloaked, the enemy sniper (whos btw my friend) already told me that he could see the spy completely uncloaked and undisguised looking around on mid, even before he has seen the stream or grandmasters video, he never talked about comms, particles, prediction etc.
b33p also quoted the enemy pyro, who said that he remembers that the sniper asked “pyro dont you see the spy?”. He didnt tell the pyro about the spy because he knows that the pyro wont be able to see him without hacks, he wondered why the pyro wouldnt attack a clearly undisguised spy.
all this combined with the video where you can also see a completely undisguised spy (that vid got recorded in the same month, so propably the bug is new since i have never heared of it before) makes it pretty obvious for me that this sniper just had the same bug and doesnt hack.
btw he plays in etf2l and such a thing never happened, nor did it happen again in that game or anytime when i played with/against him…

ah. so what you’re saying is that your friend is using some kind of outline hack. got it.

CHERRY

Quoted from b33p

[…]

ah. so what you’re saying is that your friend is using some kind of outline hack. got it.

You’ve misunderstood

firej

Quoted from b33p

im wondering if you are just stupid and really dont get it or if you are mad because you had so much effort to proove his hacks but in the end he just had a bug.

jx53

Quoted from firej

[…]
im wondering if you are just stupid and really dont get it or if you are mad because you had so much effort to proove his hacks but in the end he just had a bug.

what effort

JoeTea

I’m fairly sure it’s a bug because I can recall one time something questionable has happened to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3oFtoQDz3U&list=UUGNLAuZ-qBune32aLmOfHew#t=654

After watching that Stabby video, I guess this is what their sniper saw too? At the time I just assumed it was an incredibly lucky guess.

Last edited by JoeTea,

firej

Quoted from jx53

what effort

His 1h+ stream, getting the pyros demo, trying to get the snipers demo, [downloading and] cutting his full stream to the youtube video and making this thread.

Last edited by firej,

konr

Quoted from firej

[…]
His 1h+ stream, getting the pyros demo, trying to get the snipers demo, downloading and cutting his full stream to the youtube video and making this thread.

Not that much effort considering twitch can cut the vod without you downloading anything ;)

quintosh

wL.

– Fixed a bug where cloaked Spies would be visible to some players

as if

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2