Forum

American Ruleset Feedback

Created 24th June 2013 @ 01:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Kaneco

Quoted from Enef

It eliminates any “colour advantages” if you swap colours.

Also, some kind of “live stats” plugin would be nice if we were to do this, but thats probably pretty hard to do so i won’t ask someone to put in a lot of work for no reward.

I think we should use the US ruleset though and have done for a while.

There’s already arie’s plugin, it’s pretty neat but not public yet afaik

Quoted from fraac

I wonder how many results have been affected by map asymmetries. I guess between 0 and 1.

Honestly there are many maps with asymmetries, you won’t notice their impact too much, but its there, and over the course of an entire game these little details could influence many things

Setsul

Quoted from Mark

[…]

Americans play 2 maps a week – just on different days. This also means everyone plays everyone twice (I think? – can’t remember exactly).

Afaik in esea you play the same map twice in one week against two different teams. I think after everyone played everyone once the matches get decided based on standings (not sure about that).

juan

adios

looks fine

Mike

TEZC

nice

Johnny

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

It’s not “the only problem”… Also it’s an integral part in streams and casts. If you can’t get logs and team switching working properly like the americans IMO you shouldn’t keep playing with the na ruleset.

I’m not saying its not better. Im just saying we need to be better prepared to use it.

I believe mp_switchteams does the work properly. The only problem, from what I know, would be keeping the results if the timelimit ends or the half ends ( basically going back to “warm up” ) cause it would go back to 0-0

Last edited by Johnny,

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from skeej

..a lot of maps aren’t fully symmetrical, and contain certain advantages for one of the teams.

Nobody has given any shits about this for a long time. I see no real reason to start giving any shits if this change is implemented.

We don’t change sides now, we’ve never changed sides, no-one has ever given any shits.

Changing sides is shit.

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

i dont want to play 1 map a week… seems boring to mainly pcw only 1 map for a whole week (during a season) and the only map that really has a noticeable advantages only on one side is granary blu, and its not that critical, JUST DO HEAVY FIST FIGHT ON MIDDLE

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Nobody has given any shits about this for a long time. I see no real reason to start giving any shits if this change is implemented.

We don’t change sides now, we’ve never changed sides, no-one has ever given any shits.

Changing sides is shit.

Unless i’m mistaken, thats the reason the americans originally started switching sides? It is still a part of their rules today too.

(unless its just a holdover from the old ESEA CS rule set that noone ever looked into when converting the rules to tf2)

Quoted from SorroW

i dont want to play 1 map a week… seems boring to mainly pcw only 1 map for a whole week (during a season) and the only map that really has a noticeable advantages only on one side is granary blu, and its not that critical, JUST DO HEAVY FIST FIGHT ON MIDDLE

How is it different from now? most people only play badlands anyways.

Last edited by Enef,

Monkeh

Well, the point stands that not a single one of us has complained about it before.

Now it’s suddenly a big deal. Bollox.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Monkeh

Well, the point stands that not a single one of us has complained about it before.

Now it’s suddenly a big deal. Bollox.

It’s not a big deal, noone except the people arguing against it are making it a big deal. We’re just trying to make a unified ruleset here that promotes the best and most exciting style of game.

Why do they switch halves in football? Would it be a big deal if they didn’t? what if the Spanish did switch sides but the french didn’t?

Asso

Quoted from Enef

[…]
Why do they switch halves in football? Would it be a big deal if they didn’t? what if the Spanish did switch sides but the french didn’t?

It would be a big deal . They switch halves to allow people in different stands to watch their opponent’s goal for at least half time. I agree its pointless in tf2

Last edited by Asso,

juan

adios

pause but same team colours pls

Monkeh

Quoted from Enef

Why do they switch halves in football?

Imagine a game with a 200 mile an hour wind going from one side to the other, that and sun position can make a big difference. Also the fans.

Hope everyone agrees it’s not a deal breaker, I mean if it were we would’ve had half times a long time ago.

xzr

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Changing sides is shit.

Pretty much granary is the only one with differences that actually matter. One thing being the spawns. If you put equally fast demos on both sides, the blue demo will always be a bit faster to mid when rolling out from left.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Mark

[…]

Americans play 2 maps a week – just on different days. This also means everyone plays everyone twice (I think? – can’t remember exactly).

I’m aware of this, it is the fact it is only one map per week, even if you play it twice. I get fed up of scrimming same 2 maps each week, so one map a week would be even staler although it would allow for teams to really look at a map, evaluate it and think of the best strategies, experiment and by match day, realize what works and what doesn’t and use it.

Did the same in Highlander in UGC, but in HL I scrimmed like 3-4 times a week, with 6’s we’re talking doing 8-10 pcws a week.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »