Forum

American Ruleset Feedback

Created 24th June 2013 @ 01:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

Kaneco

Quoted from xzr

[…]

Pretty much granary is the only one with differences that actually matter. One thing being the spawns. If you put equally fast demos on both sides, the blue demo will always be a bit faster to mid when rolling out from left.

???

I never noticed this and I main demo. I see no difference on the rollout path, yes both sides are asymmetrical and have different props but it doesn’t affect rollouts I think

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

???

I never noticed this and I main demo. I see no difference on the rollout path, yes both sides are asymmetrical and have different props but it doesn’t affect rollouts I think

it’s because of spawn room differences, the same reason medics have to have a kill bind on red team and so on.

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

I’m aware of this, it is the fact it is only one map per week, even if you play it twice. I get fed up of scrimming same 2 maps each week, so one map a week would be even staler although it would allow for teams to really look at a map, evaluate it and think of the best strategies, experiment and by match day, realize what works and what doesn’t and use it.

Did the same in Highlander in UGC, but in HL I scrimmed like 3-4 times a week, with 6’s we’re talking doing 8-10 pcws a week.

+1

xzr

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

???

probably you’re not equally fast to the fastest ones then ;p

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

There are also hiding spots on one side of a map etc. Also afaik shadows act differently on different sides of the maps. On top of that, RED players are arguable less visible on badlands for instance.

Last edited by Rake,

gnaw

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

I’m aware of this, it is the fact it is only one map per week, even if you play it twice. I get fed up of scrimming same 2 maps each week, so one map a week would be even staler although it would allow for teams to really look at a map, evaluate it and think of the best strategies, experiment and by match day, realize what works and what doesn’t and use it.

Did the same in Highlander in UGC, but in HL I scrimmed like 3-4 times a week, with 6’s we’re talking doing 8-10 pcws a week.

I don’t think this is something that Americans actually do in their scrims, the same map over and over and over with no variance whatsoever. Of course the next map in the officials is emphasized and played a bit more, but I’m fairly sure some of the maps of the immediately following weeks are played as well; but what might happen is that the maps of the previous weeks’ officials disappear from the pool.

And in any case it’d be doubly bizarre to adopt this bizarre approach even if Americans did do it.

kaidus

WiK?

It’s better, at least definitely not worse. Unity baby.

Also the current league format for ETF2L is appalling. From the stagnant scheduling, to the absolutely ridiculous points distribution. Literally anything is better.

Last edited by kaidus,

Vali

-9w-

It’s all fun and games until you end up playing a stalematey 60 minute snakewater game and several people commit suicide.

vox

-9w-

^

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Enef

[…]

it’s because of spawn room differences, the same reason medics have to have a kill bind on red team and so on.

wow killbind getgood why would you waste that 8% uber

Smyther

X

Rather than faff about swapping teams to fix one map, why not use a fixed cp_granary? There’s already a thread about making a pro version. :v

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

I liked what I saw and it would be cool if next season would be with american ruleset. It makes the game more intense and interesting.

Link!

.:ne:.

Quoted from Vali

It’s all fun and games until you end up playing snakewater and several people commit suicide.

Last edited by Link!,

private_meta

STDs

I don’t quite get what’s so much better about the American Ruleset, maybe someone can convince me.

My issues with it:
– If you do Team Switch midway, to do it properly you need a plugin. This is for scoring as well as confusion when switching
– For a spectator, you are switching sides midgame and suddenly all the colors are different.
– At optimum (roll) the American ruleset takes slightly longer than the shortest possible EU ruleset map
– At it’s worst, a map in EU ruleset takes 30 minutes without breaks, a map in American Ruleset takes 60 minutes. Both rulesets have a theoretical unending golden cap / tie breaker
– You are required to schedule two times a week in American Ruleset instead of the one time in etf2l. Sometimes I find scheduling a match with my full team 1 time a week difficult. This would be a problem for a lot of lower level teams that don’t have too much time to commit to officials. Don’t play that down please.

People complain that the winlimt 5 is preferable to windifference 5, making it more interesting, which is totally a point of view. i like watching windifference 5 more, with the option of there being more than 5 points possible for a team per map.

I agree with people complaining that the american ruleset can be more unpredictable in it’s length.

I agree that the break allows for tactic talk, but technically you can also use a pause. While the rules only specify 4 technical problems… oh well…

I agree that one side might have slight advantages on one color, even on symmetrical maps, but it’s debatable how huge those differences and advantages are. For me, they are mostly negligable.

Vali

-9w-

Could easily add tactic discussions into the current euro format by allowing either team to pause at the end of a round for 2-3 mins once per map, giving them an opportunity to discuss what is going wrong and how they want to adapt.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »