Forum

ESAGamer Launch

Created 6th June 2013 @ 20:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 Next »

bean

isaninja

Yes sorry I should clarify, that statement doesn’t apply to our opening tournament(s).

HurBraa

nss.
.fap

The ESA need to confirm you are over 18 and eligible to play for cash prizes. Please enter the correct details as we may request a piece of government-issued ID as proof.

So there’s no way for a kid like me to play? ;_;

E: Got an answer in irc, thanks didge!

Last edited by HurBraa,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Why are you guys subject to gambling laws and yet ESEA and ESL (afaik) are not?

marten

TBC

for some reason i wasnt able to chose my country so now my profile says im from belgium ;_;

is there a way i can change my country again, it seems stuck when i try to edit it

AnimaL

Quoted from Sideshow

bcs final is a lottery where teams draw straws and winner gets money

WLAN-Kabel

[CWC]

worth signing up a d5 team?

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

worth signing up a d5 team?

If you intend to play in ESA after this then yeah, because it’ll start the ranking system I guess. Although anyone who doesn’t have a chance at winning should really lose as fast as possible to lower their ranking and give them a slot in the lowest skill tier to easily win money next time…

Fallen

TC

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

If you intend to play in ESA after this then yeah, because it’ll start the ranking system I guess. Although anyone who doesn’t have a chance at winning should really lose as fast as possible to lower their ranking and give them a slot in the lowest skill tier to easily win money next time…

Holy fuck sideshow stop being so cynical. We get it you like ign over esa, now shut up.

Keelk

A4

Isn’t it possible to choose another country?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Only admins can change your country, I believe.

Currently, there are 24 signups. Not all teams have full rosters yet and many players are missing Steam IDs on their profile.
Anyway, even if the signups rise to 32, you only need to win your first match to be in the money range – and you do not even need premium. Sign up now, gogo!
https://esagamer.com/tournaments/11/TF2-Open-Cup-1

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Sideshow

Those do only apply to the P2P tournaments with entry fee.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Yeah I get that but why. ESEA has p2p leagues with entry fees and prizes and they don’t come under that legislation.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Sideshow

Yeah I get that but why. ESEA has p2p leagues with entry fees and prizes and they don’t come under that legislation.

I am not familiar with gambling laws in any country. I believe it has something to do with skilled gaming falling under gambling laws in some countries but I can not answer this question with 100% certainty, sorry.

Spike Himself

TC

I can’t register. Pressing the “create an account button” as it appears on the login page, takes me to the login page.
Or, rather, it looks like the wrong contents are displayed for the register page – the url seems right after all: https://esagamer.com/register

edit: nvm; it appears the registration form appears below everything else (even though clicking the “create an account button” sends you to the top left of the page)

Also our Reditio team seems to be broken; currently they are listed on page 39 of the teams overview: https://esagamer.com/teams/page/39
You can click on them and see the message “team doesn’t exist”, while clicking on any other team shows you a team profile page of sorts.

edit; seems it was fixed – ty!

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Didge-

ESEA are subject to gambling laws, that is why they do not accept payment directly through their website for people outside of America (iirc). They have dodged their legal responsibility by processing payments indirectly via VeryGames.

ESL do not come under the same legal definition, as they do not offer tournaments which have a paid entry.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 Next »