Forum

ESAGamer Launch

Created 6th June 2013 @ 20:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 Next »

ryse

encore

Quoted from Didge-

ESL do not come under the same legal definition, as they do not offer tournaments which have a paid entry.

EPS required premium account and EAS did too, not to mention premium cups, but I’m not sure if this is still the case, haven’t been around there for the last couple of years.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from ryse

[…]

EPS required premium account and EAS did too, not to mention premium cups, but I’m not sure if this is still the case, haven’t been around there for the last couple of years.

Premium is different from an entry fee. ESA will start offering P2P tournaments with entry fee, only these are restricted to members over 18 or over 16 with permission of the parents. The launch tournament and the regular subscription tournaments are free for everyone.

ryse

encore

So why not handle it like esl did? Or do you handle it like esl did, which means subscription tournaments have prizes too and this whole pay to play thingy is an additional tournament mode?

If so I gonna play a little nostradamus: noone will play p2p tournaments, everyone will play sub and open tournaments.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from ryse

So why not handle it like esl did? Or do you handle it like esl did, which means subscription tournaments have prizes too and this whole pay to play thingy is an additional tournament mode?

You got it!

Quoted from ryse

If so I gonna play a little nostradamus: noone will play p2p tournaments, everyone will play sub and open tournaments.

We’ll see. I’m looking to host some BBall and/or Ultiduo tournaments with a small entry fee, if there is any interest in that.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I think entry-fee tournaments may not work because you almost always know in advance whether you can win or not. Subscriptions seems a better model.

ryse

encore

P2P for Bball and Ultiduo will work great, but for 6s or even highlander there are barely teams out there with a complete roster above age, which will end up in lower prizepools than sub tournaments.

I really think you are doing a great Job and I think ESA is a great chance for TF2, but this P2P Model complicates so much that it will people scare off and it won’t even be worth it, not for the ESA nor for the players.

You want to attract more people than the already existing competitive playerbase, but you are splitting even this tiny pool with p2p into “old enough to play this” and “not old enough to play that” while there is an alternative which allows everyone to play and everyone to win ..and also everyone to pay. ;)

Dont get me wrong, I dont want to argue here, just wanna give some feedback from a lower div players pov, who wont win money anyway, but in the same time beeing old enough to saw many leagues, not just tf2 related, coming up with great but too complex ideas and failing. keep it simple and proven.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

I am not splitting anything. The P2P tournaments will be an extra offer for Premium members and should be seen as that. The other tournaments won’t be affected by them at all.
As I said, once all is up and running, I will start thinking about some P2P tournaments, e.g. for Ultiduo or BBall, but for now, I will completely focus on the launch tournament next Sunday (currently 45 teams, if I get more than 64 by Friday, the slots will be extended to 128) and after that on the July tournaments. Until then, please stop worrying about splitting the player pool, I like to think I have a relatively good idea of what I am doing :D

Spike Himself

TC

Another question; why do you need a subscription in order to be able to register an org? In the end it’s the players that are going to be playing, not the management of an org.
https://esagamer.com/dashboard/organisations/create

Last edited by Spike Himself,

ThePledge

Sign. The Hell. Up.

This COULD and SHOULD be massive for European TF2. If we don’t stand behind these kinds of projects 100% then we will honestly never have the slightest chance of getting NA-like viewernumbers, prizepools and coverage. Get your ass involved and support TF2 whilst playing your favorite game ALL SUNDAY!

Do it.

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

i want to play this shit…just merc me this day 8-)
xoxoxo

Klogar

Towm

Would love to play in this tournament but i need a team!
Anyone who is still missing a player for sunday contact me please!

Kaneco

Quoted from Klogar

Would love to play in this tournament but i need a team!
Anyone who is still missing a player for sunday contact me please!

same…

Can play soldier/demo at div4 level, probably can handle div 3, if anyone needs a guy let me know…

This league has potential

Thalash

wG
S-O

Quoted from ThePledge

Sign. The Hell. Up.

This COULD and SHOULD be massive for European TF2. If we don’t stand behind these kinds of projects 100% then we will honestly never have the slightest chance of getting NA-like viewernumbers, prizepools and coverage. Get your ass involved and support TF2 whilst playing your favorite game ALL SUNDAY!

Do it.

Cheers

Pledge

Last edited by Thalash,

WLAN-Kabel

[CWC]

well…..is there an overview of what teams are signed up? it seems to be bugged on the page.

I mean, what´s the point in signing up with a div 4/5 team when all the others are like div 1/2

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

well…..is there an overview of what teams are signed up? it seems to be bugged on the page.

I mean, what´s the point in signing up with a div 4/5 team when all the others are like div 1/2

Don’t forget that the top 16 win something. There are currently 8 teams from prem/div 1/div 2 signed up that I could spot.
I am waiting on a bugfix until I can start approving signups.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 Next »